PDA

View Full Version : Don Givens petition. enough is enough!

Pablo
25/08/2005, 2:33 PM
http://www.petitiononline.com/corkcity/petition.html

sign it!

ThatGuy
25/08/2005, 2:34 PM
Idiotic :rolleyes:

Pablo
25/08/2005, 2:35 PM
Idiotic :rolleyes:

good point. well made.

well done

noby
25/08/2005, 2:44 PM
good point. well made.

Actually, it was, compared to the ranting on the petition. Oh, and stop double-posting.

EnDai
25/08/2005, 2:57 PM
http://www.petitiononline.com/corkcity/petition.html

sign it!

good point. well made.

well done

Pablo
25/08/2005, 3:31 PM
good point. well made.

well done

well its not my point, but a agree with it completely

Xlex
25/08/2005, 4:21 PM
the title and the content generate two very mixed points. you are using a petition to force the the FAI to consider Don Givens position after ignoring the Eircom League and not qualifiying for a major tournament, yet you attack the FAI in the statement too.

The statement is far to local to get a valid cross club responce and added to that it isn't very well researched. There are many qualifying canidates of the U-21 side who didn't get a look in and your cribbing about Kevin Doyle leaving City for a pitance when the clause in his Cork City contract released him for a pitance.

And why shouldn't a player have to play at a higher level to gain full international recognition, at least more than an odd call-up?

It's a nonsence statement to put a signature to.

sligoman
25/08/2005, 4:23 PM
I see gustavo has signed it :D

Poor Student
25/08/2005, 4:27 PM
Has any petition on that site ever even achieved a modicum of success? In the short space of time you already have a duplicate post, one Linfield fan saying "Who?" and someone called Don Givens with "God save the queen!". I'm no fan of Mr. Givens myself however it seems to me there's some serious allegations being put against him many comments claiming he's tapping players up and getting finding fees. I think people should cop on. Xlex makes some good points. Cork's contract negotiators ensured he left for a pittance, not Givens. Also the statement is littered with grammatical and spelling mistakes and meanders off onto a general rant against the FAI. Would that be the same FAI you are asking to sack him? :confused:

Jerry The Saint
25/08/2005, 5:22 PM
:eek: That is pretty weak in fairness. Can all the crazy people please sign that petition so we know who you are? :)

Has any petition on that site ever even achieved a modicum of success?

I think the only online petition that has ever succeeded in getting any attention from people with the power to vaguely influence things was the campaign to make Irish an official EU language. This only worked because it was an easier option for thousands of people and our government to "fight back against the disgraceful destruction of our native language" rather than, you know, encouraging people to learn and use a few words of it now and again.

Speaking of which, I see this petition was reasonably popular

- http://www.petitiononline.com/sacair/petition.html

iarrtar orthu pé foireann a bheadh ag imirt i gcoinne na hÉireann a bheith as Gaeilge ar gheansaithe imreoirí na hÉireann freisin.

:rolleyes: Because THAT'S the worst thing that the FAI have ever been responsible for. Some people have too much time on their hands - People like me! :D

sullanefc
26/08/2005, 1:27 AM
And why shouldn't a player have to play at a higher level to gain full international recognition, at least more than an odd call-up?

Depends how you define a higher level. Just because you play in England doesn't automatically mean you are a better player.