PDA

View Full Version : Bray Vs. St. Pats

Roo69
25/08/2005, 1:53 PM
A little bit away but..........

St Patrick’s Athletic will be without Ian Maher and Gerard Rowe for next week’s Premier Division meeting with Bray Wanderers after the pair were handed one-match bans by the eircom League’s Disciplinary Commission this week, Maher and Rowe have both reached four penalty points and must sit out the short trip to the Carlisle Grounds on Friday week (September 2nd).

Think i might have to boot Robbid in the ankle or something as well :D

KR's Post
25/08/2005, 4:29 PM
Think i might have to boot Robbid in the ankle or something as well :D
Please do Roo... Ah but seriously, i think we'll beat pats. We are playing well at the moment bar the harps game and a win would definetely have us safe. Would put some breathing space between us and the Inchicore men. Set us up well for the Cork game aswell.... On that... Who is going, set up a list... I know it's early but.

1- Tarzan1

sligoman
25/08/2005, 4:32 PM
We'll try and injure a few of their players for ye too:D.

Grasshopper 99
25/08/2005, 5:58 PM
We'll try and injure a few of their players for ye too:D.

Please the more the better, but might not be needed.

superfrank
25/08/2005, 10:00 PM
Would love to go to Cork but can't, I'm broke at the moment. I guess I'll have to stay home and watch it on the telly.

As for Pats, I'll leave my prediction til after the Orchard match..... :o

superfrank
26/08/2005, 10:34 PM
As for Pats, I'll leave my prediction til after the Orchard match..... :o
Eh.....I don't know what to say. Hopefully Pats will do worse then Cherry Orchard, who played well.

I also thought Zayed had put the ball over the line. And I heard he should've been sent off.

Roo69
29/08/2005, 10:33 AM
I also thought Zayed had put the ball over the line. And I heard he should've been sent off.

Nah the ball defo didnt fully cross the line, 3/4's over but that dont count. It was his own fault anyway, he should have followed it up to make sure instead of stoping and looking at it. He defo should have been sent off during the mele near the end, but show should a few others. It was handbag stuff but hands were raised by quite a few players......

Foxy was a legend bursting into the middle of it !

BrayZil
29/08/2005, 11:33 AM
Eamo should have walked alright, definately threw a punch at someone. I actually have a feeling that Eamo is due a suspension very soon. He's picked up a few yellow cards now.

superfrank
29/08/2005, 12:07 PM
Foxy was a legend anyway!! I've come to expect these things with Bray this season. Remember when Jody was sent off against Waterford there was a similar thing happened. I'd thought it had gone away until the Bohs match.

Roo69
31/08/2005, 11:11 AM
What will the team be on Friday night ? I'll go for........

GK: O'Connor

RB: O'Reilly
CB: McGovern
CB: Lynch
LB: Pip

RM: Tresson
CM: James
CM: McGuinness
LM: Tyrrell

FOR: Franco
FOR: Foxy

superfrank
31/08/2005, 11:26 AM
I think that will be the team. I think we can beat them. I think Franco's going to have to fill Eamo's (new) boots.

BrayZil
31/08/2005, 11:33 AM
AFAIK Jody is still injured, thats why he didnt play against Cherry Orchard. If Jody's out I reckon Chopper will start. I would love to see Tarzan get a run out too.

footballplease
31/08/2005, 11:33 AM
Agree with the team for friday - i just wish we had someone to play left back because we are a far better side with pip in the middle.

I really don't think we'll miss eamon even though he has been a great servant to the club - he missed far more chances than he took. That said - a new striker MUST be brought in on loan until the end.

Rocky Rules
31/08/2005, 11:55 AM
William Murphy playing very well at left-back (his natural position) for U-21s

Rocky Rules
31/08/2005, 12:01 PM
At Wayside v Bohs last night. Wayside recovered from a shocking start to give them a real game. Farrelly real class and young Joxer Kelly has great feey,but Wayside's Ian "Sailor" Callaghan the best player on the park 2nd half. Crowd considerably in excess of that for Bray v Orchard!

Dodge
31/08/2005, 12:11 PM
That said - a new striker MUST be brought in on loan until the end.
You do know the transfer window is closed, don't you?

Roo69
31/08/2005, 12:26 PM
AFAIK Jody is still injured, thats why he didnt play against Cherry Orchard. If Jody's out I reckon Chopper will start. I would love to see Tarzan get a run out too.

Well if Jody is still out then Daz in at Centre half, McGuinness on the right side of midfield and Giffy in the middle of the park.

KR's Post
31/08/2005, 5:05 PM
Crowd considerably in excess of that for Bray v Orchard!
But lets put it into perspective... If we had of played Bohs then we would have had that crowd or even bigger. Imagine if Wayside had of got Cherry Orchard? For 1 it probably wouldn't have been played in the carlisle and not even a 1/4 of the crowd there the other night would have been there!!!!

BrayZil
01/09/2005, 11:04 AM
Central defender Jody Lynch, who injured his ankle in training, is a big doubt for Bray's game with St Patricks Athletic on Friday night (kick-off 7.45pm, Carlisle Grounds).

He will try out the ankle before Assistant Manager Tony McGuirk gives a final decision on his starting line up.

Lynch missed Bray's narrow win over Cherry Orchard in the FAI Carlsberg Cup last Friday night.

Stephen Gifford, one of the big successes for Bray this season, is welcomed back after a one match ban saw him sit out the Cup win.

Also back into the squad comes Kevin O'Brien who limped off with a groin strain at Dalymount Park against Bohemians and missed the wins over Finn Harps and Cherry Orchard.

Taken from braywanderers.ie (http://www.braywanderers.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=396&Itemid=1)

superfrank
01/09/2005, 3:45 PM
You do know the transfer window is closed, don't you?
That doesn't include loans.

Dodge
01/09/2005, 3:56 PM
That doesn't include loans.
It absolutely does

superfrank
03/09/2005, 1:17 PM
Great result last night! Not a brilliant performance but it's three wins in a row and another clean sheet. And with Eamo gone everyone's asking who'll get the goals....well it was Tarzan!

I think the match changed when Daz was sent off. Most teams would've gone to hold out for 0-0 but Tony got them to keep playing and the lads did well. I thought we were unlucky not to get a peno (or three) but then again they could've had one as well.

It was great to see Tarz scoring. Some free kick though!! And a nice little finish too. McGovern got a bit carried away with the celebrating but didn't we all?

Also, Robbie Doyle should've been off, imo. How many fouls did he commit? And he was moaning alot at the ref and the Bray players.

What was with the Pats fans trying to get on the pitch after we scored?

KR's Post
03/09/2005, 2:23 PM
What a massive result last night. No doubt we are safe... If you look at it this way, we are only 12 points behind Shels in 3rd place!! I know we are not going to get into europe through the league, but a nice little run might give us a respectable mid table finish after all the doubters at the start of the season had us favourite for the drop!!

What a substitution, what a free kick, what a goal and what a celebration. I don't think i've been as excited as i was last night when i saw that goal going in. Relief. Pats were terrible once more last night. They need some good quality players in there or they will struggle again next season.

Never saw the inncodent you are on about SuperFrank!? What happened? Although them Pats fans were going crazy at the ref and lino for most of the game! We really wanted the win last night and after going down to 10 men, we showed great courage in still attacking and not holding out for a silly 0-0 draw. Bring on the City!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Dodge
03/09/2005, 5:02 PM
Also, Robbie Doyle should've been off, imo. How many fouls did he commit? And he was moaning alot at the ref and the Bray players.
Are you for real? he must've been fouled about 20 time last night

What was with the Pats fans trying to get on the pitch after we scored?
Nobody tried to get on the pitch. Some moved down to the front to scream abuse at Mckoen for the disgraceful sending off of Maguire

One of the worst games I've ever seen btw. 2 very, very poor teams

superfrank
03/09/2005, 7:05 PM
It was after we scored. I looked over at the Pats fans and there were alot more stewards over there all of a sudden. And I clearly saw one steward holding a Pats fan back. Cmon now, why else would the steward be doing that?? :mad:

I honestly thought Maguire being sent off was harsh but the ref had a shocker last night. The only reason I could see the sending off being given was that he had infringed a clear goalscoring chance.

Dodge
03/09/2005, 9:22 PM
It was after we scored. I looked over at the Pats fans and there were alot more stewards over there all of a sudden. And I clearly saw one steward holding a Pats fan back. Cmon now, why else would the steward be doing that?? :mad: Because none of them know what they're doing. Not one fan attempted to get on the pitch. Loads were shouting abuse but not one tried t get on the pitch. Also a couple of your players (keeper and No8) gave the fingers to our fans so they got a little stick back

I honestly thought Maguire being sent off was harsh but the ref had a shocker last night. The only reason I could see the sending off being given was that he had infringed a clear goalscoring chance.
Yeah but the only reason he umpeded him was because he fell after a tussle. A free kick yeah but how can he send him off when he obviously didn't mean it

Stevo Da Gull
04/09/2005, 12:19 AM
McGovern got a bit carried away with the celebrating

Not at all, great celebrations down there last night. I couldnt contain myself when the goal went in :D Strange night, the atmosphere had'nt been great recently (kinda dead) and its like that goal just caused it all to erupt :cool:

EDIT: Tarzan u legend!

KR's Post
05/09/2005, 5:01 PM
Not at all, great celebrations down there last night. I couldnt contain myself when the goal went in :D Strange night, the atmosphere had'nt been great recently (kinda dead) and its like that goal just caused it all to erupt :cool:

EDIT: Tarzan u legend!
True...For the last 2 games Pats and Orchard the atmosphere has been rather poor... Last 30mins friday night it got going again and what an emotional goal. Great celebrations. Why what did McGovren do????

superfrank
05/09/2005, 8:29 PM
Why what did McGovren do????
He grabbed someone's kid out of the crowd, it could've been Tarz's? He have have a daughter? It wasn't his son anyway. I just thought it was kinda strange.

Roo69
06/09/2005, 8:41 AM
He grabbed someone's kid out of the crowd, it could've been Tarz's? He have have a daughter? It wasn't his son anyway. I just thought it was kinda strange.

Nah it was Tarzan's young lad, he was sitting on the wall and when his Da scored he jumped down on to the side of the pitch, Tarzan ran over and slide on his knees to celebrate with him, the rest of the team joined in, looked like Tarzan's kid got a bit of a fright and McGovern picked him up to celebrate ! very funny :D

KR's Post
06/09/2005, 4:34 PM
Nah it was Tarzan's young lad, he was sitting on the wall and when his Da scored he jumped down on to the side of the pitch, Tarzan ran over and slide on his knees to celebrate with him, the rest of the team joined in, looked like Tarzan's kid got a bit of a fright and McGovern picked him up to celebrate ! very funny :D
All true. Me young cuz would have bin crushed, well done Brian McGovren for the quick thinking. Ah it was all fcking fantastic. Great moment :p