Drogheda United v Bohemian FC
Sligo Rovers V Derry City
UCD V Shamrock Rovers
St Patricks Athletic V Dundalk

Monday
Dundalk v Cork City
St Patricks Athletic v Drogheda United
Bohemian FC v Shelbourne.

Highly ulikely but to keep the slim chance of European qualification alive Dundalk need to win 6 points. Sligo could be pushed closer to trouble but cork need to capitalise in a game Dundalk also must win. Rovers should have max points so Derry need to stick to the form guide and beat Sligo. Bohs, Pats and Shels we want to drop points so Drogheda I hope will be ruthless in form. Will never happen but thats the ****ty situation we find ourselves in due to this late mid season drop in form and hoping for miracles.

sbgawa
20/09/2023, 5:46 AM
Rovers have a fantastic record against UCD a d hopefully will continue on that vain. Can sligo in the Derby take anything off Derry? Doubtful.
Massive game on Monday between bohs and shels especially so if bohs drop points on Friday in drogheda...can duffer guide little old shels into Europe.....

Jack B
20/09/2023, 7:30 AM
We've really not been playing well since about June yet have (largely) been picking up results, it feels like something has to give either in terms of putting some performances together or our luck catching up to us. Hopefully it's the former as 3rd-6th looks like it could almost be anyone's game and we finish the season playing away to Bohs and Derry and home to Rovers, so could really do with a bit of breathing space before going into those. Fortunately for us Dundalk at home is the kindest tie you can have in this chunk of the table with how they've been going so have to make the most of that.

2 Year Contract
20/09/2023, 8:28 AM
We've really not been playing well since about June yet have (largely) been picking up results, it feels like something has to give either in terms of putting some performances together or our luck catching up to us. Hopefully it's the former as 3rd-6th looks like it could almost be anyone's game and we finish the season playing away to Bohs and Derry and home to Rovers, so could really do with a bit of breathing space before going into those. Fortunately for us Dundalk at home is the kindest tie you can have in this chunk of the table with how they've been going so have to make the most of that.

I agree with all of this. Since battering Derry 4-1 in early June, Pats have played 14 games and arguably only played well in a 7-0 win over UCD and a 2-0 win away to Sligo, the other 12 performances were poor, but the results in that time don’t reflect the performances with 7 wins, 3 draws, 4 losses (2 of those being in Europe). As you say, that trend of poor performances but picking up results surely won’t continue till the end of the season so fingers crossed the performances improve

JC_GUFC
20/09/2023, 8:31 AM
Shels v Cork also on Friday

But in Division 1 the First National Silverware can be claimed (Cobh and Bohs have won their respective Provincial Senior Cups)

Friday

Cobh v Finn Harps
Kerry v Galway United
Longford v Waterford
Treaty v Athlone
Wexford v Bray

Monday

Galway United v Finn Harps
Wexford v Longford

Galway United will clinch the Division 1 title by getting at least a point in Kerry, or Waterford failing to beat Longford. If we lose and Waterford win we can still claim the title on Monday by getting a point at home against Harps.

Wexford have a couple of huge home matches which could all but clinch the playoffs if the beat Bray and Longford who are 7th and 6th respectively. Treaty's chances of 5th are probably gone but a win against Athlone and Wexford stumbling over the weekend would maybe give them a tiny squeak.

Harps season has been pretty much as bad as it could have been, apart from reaching a cup QF, and this weekend's fixtures are horrible for them - a long trip to the "form team" Cobh and then a trip to Galway. If we've won the League in Kerry maybe they'll catch us hungover and/or with a lot of academy players in the team - but we have a 100% home record we'll want to hold onto.

Guitd
22/09/2023, 7:42 AM
Its Xmas football morning for us Galway United fans
Is this the day we leave the football graveyard and confirm our first trophy in 26 years and return to the promised land in the Kingdom ??

bohsmug
22/09/2023, 10:26 AM
Its Xmas football morning for us Galway United fans
Is this the day we leave the football graveyard and confirm our first trophy in 26 years and return to the promised land in the Kingdom ??

Delighted for the way the timing has worked out for Galway. Whether it be tonight or next week, it's coming. It should happen tonight really though.

When you win the league by procession it's great and all but because it's inevitable it can lack that kind of amazing moment feel. By getting that result against Dundalk in the cup in and around the same time as confirming the league and having LOI fans/podcasts/forums focusing so much on Galway for the last week it feels like a procession that's culminated in that big moment. I'm sure Galway fans have been buzzing all week.

Congrats, enjoy. Hope the players relax after they confirm it and go on the beer for the rest of the year... for my own selfish reasons.

culloty82
22/09/2023, 11:36 AM
The Tralee-Killarney road has been closed for scheduled works until the 30th - won't affect travelling Galway fans, obviously, but Kerry fans arriving from East and South Kerry will want to make allowances this evening.

WoodquayBoy
22/09/2023, 1:26 PM
When you win the league by procession it's great and all but because it's inevitable it can lack that kind of amazing moment feel. By getting that result against Dundalk in the cup in and around the same time as confirming the league and having LOI fans/podcasts/forums focusing so much on Galway for the last week it feels like a procession that's culminated in that big moment. I'm sure Galway fans have been buzzing all week

Ordinarily yes, but the fact we haven’t won anything in 26 years means this one means a lot. It will end the longest wait of any club for silverware and added to the win and performance last week - it wasn’t all down to Dundalk being absolute pants - it could turn out to be a very special week

bohsmug
22/09/2023, 2:23 PM
Ordinarily yes, but the fact we haven’t won anything in 26 years means this one means a lot. It will end the longest wait of any club for silverware and added to the win and performance last week - it wasn’t all down to Dundalk being absolute pants - it could turn out to be a very special week

True and I'm probably projecting but from the outside I'm glad for Galway that the finishing line looks to be coinciding with a moment where they genuinely are getting a lot of focus from general LOI circles. Maybe that doesn't matter all that much when you're on the inside and you've been waiting a long time. Next year and in the cup semi we're competitors but for now I'm getting 2nd hand enjoyment from the whole thing :-D
Best of luck tonight.

Also 'mon Bohs, into them from the start tonight etc

WoodquayBoy
22/09/2023, 3:45 PM
Yeah it does have a bit of a ‘stars aligning’ feel to it, and it’s nice to be in the news for the right reasons for a change

Nesta99
22/09/2023, 6:58 PM
Not 8 minutes on the clock before Brian Kerr mentions the Oriel Park pitch, when we get rid of it eventually we should send him a piece of it he loves it that much.

Interesting changes made by O'Donnell, 4 at the back including Sloggett, switching Kelly to the opposite wing + a few other tweaks for the most tweaked side in the league. In fairness it seems a bit more balanced and composed albeit early in the game. Maybe Benson with some minutes under the belt adds that bit of composure.

culloty82
22/09/2023, 7:22 PM
Aouachria gives Galway the lead, unsurprisingly as they've pretty much owned the ball all game.

joey B
22/09/2023, 7:52 PM
Sheppard poor for Pats goal there.....

sbgawa
22/09/2023, 8:24 PM
Jesus these ucd commentators saying its not a disaster for Rovers not to win if derry don't........funking shambles. We need to win at some stage the rest of the division will step up

Nesta99
22/09/2023, 8:31 PM
Big last few minutes at both ends of the table. Sligo hang on and Cork dont nick one is a big point for Sligo. Rovers could get one foot over the line or could be a hell of a run in if Derry score.

*Rovers with a foot and a bit over the line now, huge for Sligo, Derry doing their best to make it easy for Rovers.

sbgawa
22/09/2023, 8:40 PM
Shambles, absolute disgrace by Rovers tonight.
We are a shadow of the team over the last couple of years.
Please God we hang on and win this league but this is the last year, we wont get away with this again

Calcio Jack
22/09/2023, 8:43 PM
Big last few minutes at both ends of the table. Sligo hang on and Cork dont nick one is a big point for Sligo. Rovers could get one foot over the line or could be a hell of a run in if Derry score.

*Rovers with a foot and a bit over the line now, huge for Sligo, Derry doing their best to make it easy for Rovers.

If Pats win their game in hand against Drogs on Monday then only 3 points off Rovers …. Next up for us is Shels followed by Drogs both of whom we’ve failed to beat this season…. So league wide open …. As for tonight utter disgrace by Rovers as they huffed and puffed and failed abysmally…. Hopefully Hoare and Burt won’t be let on the pitch again this season and then shown the door

joey B
22/09/2023, 8:44 PM
Dreadful results for Derry and Rovers....
Massive result for Shels and they're well in the mix for Europe.
First Division pretty much done and dusted in terms of Play offs
Harps absolutely shocking once again.....
And finally congratulations to Galway on their promotion...

ger121
22/09/2023, 8:47 PM
Pat’s well in the title race now. Derry look done. Rovers proving procession football is dead. We need to beats Shels Monday. PO for Cork.

pineapple stu
22/09/2023, 9:00 PM
Jesus these ucd commentators saying its not a disaster for Rovers not to win if derry don't........funking shambles. We need to win at some stage the rest of the division will step up
They weren't wrong in fairness

But Rovers were dire tonight. Granted we also chose the game to not commit any defensive howlers and Moore was solid in nets. But Rovers were just pedestrian.

Ye'll win the league this year. But that rebuild is becoming more urgent. Wouldn't be confident of next year

Funny that Rovers fans were raging at the score that took them a point further ahead at the top while UCD fans were actually quite happy with the result that got us formally relegated

kksaints
22/09/2023, 9:06 PM
Delighted with that win. Much improved in the second half after an awful first half performance. Lonergan did excellent for his two goals, hopefully he's hitting top form now. Melia scoring on his 16th birthday is the icing on the cake.

Some results in the other matches. Still struggling to see us in a title race but if we beat Drogs on Monday which won't be easy we're bang in there.

SwanVsDalton
22/09/2023, 9:07 PM
Sligo deserved that. We were extremely poor and basically went into full on panic mode in the second half. Kick and rush, losing out in most 50-50s, no control, no real belief we would get what we needed. Probably not surprising after Tobol, Pats and Rovers last week - playing well and getting nothing - that we'd revert to simply playing badly and getting nothing.

Rob Harvey was a complete moonboot but couldn't tell via LOITV whether any of the decisions were critical. It did look like we could have had a pen on Brush's brush with Kavanagh but the replay angles were rubbish. Thought Boyce deserved the red, and three more for being braindead. No idea if the goal was a handball. We got what we deserved.

Very much looking forward to this season being over.

brendy_éire
22/09/2023, 9:12 PM

Agree with Stu. It's fine.
In a way, Derry losing, rather than drawing, doesn't matter too much. We still need you too lose twice, just one game fewer in which to do it. Not that that matters anyway. Pat's may well be second come Monday night.

Usual City performance tonight. Plenty of possession, feck all shots on target. Conceded a poorly defended goal, even if it was probably a handball. Boyce was stupid for his second yellow. Idiot.

I've probably a bit less patience than most on the matter, but we finished last year with 66 points. Improvement was needed this season. We have 54 ATM. Don't know what Higgin's target was this season, but you'd imagine it would have been 70+.
I was at the point where I wouldn't have cared if Higgins was sacked. Moving beyond that point a bit now.

ontheotherhand
22/09/2023, 9:13 PM
Jesus that was awful to watch.

Thanks Sligo.

Shels league to lose now.

CorribsideSteve
22/09/2023, 9:24 PM
Galway back in the top flight again. Great for the club. I haven't followed them properly for years, for a few reasons. Got disillusioned after the Leeson days and the worst season in LOI history bar maybe Kilkenny City back in the 90s, and not getting a license resulting in being out of the League for 3 years, and then watching them get relegated in '17. But next season, Ireland's largest outdoor industrial freezer, aka Terryland, aka Deacy Park, will have my support again :)

Nesta99
22/09/2023, 9:34 PM
Jesus that was awful to watch.

Thanks Sligo.

Shels league to lose now.

Its been hard to watch a lot of the football this season in general so I agree with the sentiment of wanting the season just to end. It'd be pretty typical that during a surge in interest in the league that the quality has gone over a cliff. Regardless of the end result v Tobol, Derry looked to have tured a corner in that game, adding goals and looking as composed passing the ball about as they should be with the quality of player and clearing up long term injuries, but have just reverted to type. Rovers needed an overhaul before this season but they have been as good as they needed to be. It will be an odd one if Pats put in a title challange when you think back to how ropey they were defensively, could even do a double. Dundalk, its hard to put a finger on exactly what has caused inconsistency to turn to consistently poor. Another manager and the natives would be getting restless in Oriel. Shels have probably been the team of the year regardless of no silverware, did lol at oth and their league to lose as it does feel like they have kicked on most. Cork need a few results now, not so much trying to chase 7th but not to fall in to a losing streak that can be hard to break and going in to a relegation play-off.

ger121
22/09/2023, 9:39 PM
Oh and congrats to Galway. Great addition to the PD and always a good away trip. Hoping I might even get over there this season if I’m lucky with a ticket for the semi.

D24Saint
22/09/2023, 10:29 PM
Delighted with that win. Much improved in the second half after an awful first half performance. Lonergan did excellent for his two goals, hopefully he's hitting top form now. Melia scoring on his 16th birthday is the icing on the cake.

Some results in the other matches. Still struggling to see us in a title race but if we beat Drogs on Monday which won't be easy we're bang in there.

Some turnaround indeed. It was hard to believe. The best we have played in weeks. I thought Dundalk were much the better team in the first half but made some errors for us to get ahead.

joey B
22/09/2023, 10:33 PM
I think Stevie might be losing it,I kinda of half watched the game and as a neutral its barmy to say Pats were lucky to get out with a draw....

Jack B
22/09/2023, 10:57 PM
Very much enjoyed Ireland's premiere courtroom defendant seeming to think that playing Robbie Benson ostensibly as an inverted left back made him the second coming of Pep only for it to blow up in his face.

Dundalk the better side in the first half to be fair, still don't trust us at all but every result is a big one at this stage to get Europe through the league so very much happy out tonight.

cláirseach
22/09/2023, 10:59 PM
Enjoyed my night in Tolka - a reasonably low standard of match in parts, and some visibly unfit officials, but the better team won. Shels have finally really built up a support base and you can see (and hear!) the results of the club link-ups already. We're almost at the stage where Shels have outgrown the current capacity of Tolka, which was an unthinkable scenario for so longer - be it in the glory years drowning in the country's biggest ground, or the triple figure doldrum years of the first division. I think something is happening there that bears relation to what has already happened at the other Dublin clubs. It's a lovely old ground that needs a bit of help, but the Riverside puts on a show.

Elsewhere, I had low expectations for Rogers at Harps but he has failed to meet them. With a playoff place available for half the division, they are still fifteen points off of that fifth (!) spot. A hybrid full-time set up, yet a team that has looked undercooked and unprepared despite the huge player turnover. There are people online who believe it is their role to respond and transparently attempt to deflect any criticism of Harps but there is only so long that you can watch a defence like that without wondering yourself.

And finally a big congratulations to Galway. There's a lot of potential in the club and the next few years could be very exciting and will certainly be very interesting. I hope all involved and associated enjoy their weekend.

Nesta99
22/09/2023, 11:27 PM
With Galway up, and possibly one of Waterford and Cork, and I can see Waterford stringing those wins to gether and get promoted well it will leave a number of clubs sweatting on relegation battle next season and not having soft 1st Division sdes promoted and a safety buffer for the rest of us. A lot of clubs are going to have to get creative on player recruitment, or raid the piggy banks and Id include Dundalk in this. Drogs hold things together with additions and they will move out of the bottom 3 or 4. Can tey consider a ft setup for 2024. If sligo stay clear of cork theres a lot of decisions to be made there also. Shels its a bit more of the same. Devine always fades badly i his 2nd season so we'll see on Bohs. Derry might have to consider makig some hard changes in th off season esecially if there are more sligo like results to come.

thebronze14
22/09/2023, 11:55 PM
Enjoyed my night in Tolka - a reasonably low standard of match in parts, and some visibly unfit officials, but the better team won. Shels have finally really built up a support base and you can see (and hear!) the results of the club link-ups already. We're almost at the stage where Shels have outgrown the current capacity of Tolka, which was an unthinkable scenario for so longer - be it in the glory years drowning in the country's biggest ground, or the triple figure doldrum years of the first division. I think something is happening there that bears relation to what has already happened at the other Dublin clubs. It's a lovely old ground that needs a bit of help, but the Riverside puts on a show.

Elsewhere, I had low expectations for Rogers at Harps but he has failed to meet them. With a playoff place available for half the division, they are still fifteen points off of that fifth (!) spot. A hybrid full-time set up, yet a team that has looked undercooked and unprepared despite the huge player turnover. There are people online who believe it is their role to respond and transparently attempt to deflect any criticism of Harps but there is only so long that you can watch a defence like that without wondering yourself.

And finally a big congratulations to Galway. There's a lot of potential in the club and the next few years could be very exciting and will certainly be very interesting. I hope all involved and associated enjoy their weekend.

That is the nicest way of putting it... I am already having nightmares of seeing that clown leading us into next season

2 Year Contract
23/09/2023, 12:06 AM
I think Stevie might be losing it,I kinda of half watched the game and as a neutral its barmy to say Pats were lucky to get out with a draw....

Another great win for Stephen. Dundalk will be right up there competing for the title once they add on Stephen's 'but we played well' bonus points.

Fair play to him sticking 2 centre mids in defence tonight though, Benson constantly out of position and sent off, Sloggett defensively poor and at fault for the second goal before giving a penalty away for the third, tactical genius :)

Another poor performance from pats in the first half but they were much the better side after half time until Dundalk got their goal which came a bit out of the blue. Delighted with the other results elsewhere tonight

joey B
23/09/2023, 12:14 AM
That is the nicest way of putting it... I am already having nightmares of seeing that clown leading us into next season

Nightmare is the right word,we can’t afford to pay 2 managers if we end up sacking him and paying 3 years of a contract off,I had kinda resigned myself to this being a tough season but this worse than I ever imagined …..

ontheotherhand
23/09/2023, 1:22 AM
Its been hard to watch a lot of the football this season in general so I agree with the sentiment of wanting the season just to end. It'd be pretty typical that during a surge in interest in the league that the quality has gone over a cliff. Regardless of the end result v Tobol, Derry looked to have tured a corner in that game, adding goals and looking as composed passing the ball about as they should be with the quality of player and clearing up long term injuries, but have just reverted to type. Rovers needed an overhaul before this season but they have been as good as they needed to be. It will be an odd one if Pats put in a title challange when you think back to how ropey they were defensively, could even do a double. Dundalk, its hard to put a finger on exactly what has caused inconsistency to turn to consistently poor. Another manager and the natives would be getting restless in Oriel. Shels have probably been the team of the year regardless of no silverware, did lol at oth and their league to lose as it does feel like they have kicked on most. Cork need a few results now, not so much trying to chase 7th but not to fall in to a losing streak that can be hard to break and going in to a relegation play-off.

I'd agree with that. Pound for pound Shels have probably been the most consistent team and have also improved as the season progressed. Everyone else had good and bad (very bad) patches. They've made themselves hard to beat and added quality up front recently. Not pretty at times but they are so well organized. No shock with Joey involved. We haven't been as good at the back ourselves since he retired.

If they don't win the league this season they might be right in the race next season...with a few others....it's getting tight at the top and to be honest, regardless of the level of football on show, that's probably more helpful for the crowds than one team running away with it. Every team bar UCD will be fighting for every point now. It'll be entertaining and probably heartbreaking.

legendz
23/09/2023, 7:58 AM
With Galway up, and possibly one of Waterford and Cork, and I can see Waterford stringing those wins to gether and get promoted well it will leave a number of clubs sweatting on relegation battle next season and not having soft 1st Division sdes promoted and a safety buffer for the rest of us. A lot of clubs are going to have to get creative on player recruitment, or raid the piggy banks and Id include Dundalk in this. Drogs hold things together with additions and they will move out of the bottom 3 or 4. Can tey consider a ft setup for 2024. If sligo stay clear of cork theres a lot of decisions to be made there also. Shels its a bit more of the same. Devine always fades badly i his 2nd season so we'll see on Bohs. Derry might have to consider makig some hard changes in th off season esecially if there are more sligo like results to come.
There should be a more competitive relegation battle in the Premier Division next year alright. Waterford are comfortably finishing second in the First Division this year. The loser of the projected Munster clash of Cork v Waterford should comfortably win the First Division next year. Will that Cork v Waterford clash, all going to form, be in Limerick or Dublin? Would two legs home and away be better for both clubs and supporters? A packed Turner's Cross and a packed RSC.

JC_GUFC
23/09/2023, 8:39 AM
It’s funny to look at the League and the reaction to managers

Rovers fans all realise they’ve been way off previous standards this season and the whole thing needs to be refreshed so I don’t think too many would be sad to see Bradley leave.

Derry fans also seem to think they could be doing better with a different manager.

Pat’s fans don’t seem too keen on Jon Daly, he had a good run at the start and somehow are potentially in contention for the double despite having played badly for the last 6 weeks or so.

Bohs fans, if they lose the cup semi, will be wondering where it all went wrong from the start of the season and some will answer that it’s the manager.

Dundalk. If O’Donnell wasn’t a club legend he’d 100% be gone.

Sligo - they clearly want Russell gone, though last night’s win should be enough to calm things down and see him to next season.

Cork - well they probably wish they actually had a manager to call for to be sacked.

UCD - yes I’ve even seen UCD fans complain about the 4-minute-Myler!

So that leaves Duffer and Kevin Doherty as the only two managers in the Prem who the fans are happy with!

Thanks for all the well wishes to us too. I think someone did make the point that it’s ended up being such a procession there wasn’t really a “moment” last night. I guess the late equaliser in Waterford about a month ago we knew it was done then but having the cup for the moments had made this extra special.

I definitely think we can be competitive next season and hopefully we can aim to finish 6th to establish ourselves before progressing even further.

In all my 30+ years following the club it feels like the most potential ever.

But as with everything in LoI things can fall apart in the blink of an eye.

legendz
23/09/2023, 9:07 AM
Cork won the First Division last year and are 9th this year. Shelbourne are establishing themselves in the top 8. It'll be a tough task for Galway or anyone to dislodge any of the current top 8. There's the top 8, then 4 clubs in the main promotion-relegation mix, 7 First Division clubs targetting playoffs and then 1 newcomer learning on the job!

brendy_éire
23/09/2023, 9:34 AM
Wasn't sure about our penalty shout last night, they didn't show a decent replay, but Brush being refreshingly honest that it was.
https://www.derrynow.com/news/derry-sport/1304896/their-goalkeeper-has-apologised-to-us-saying-we-should-have-had-a-penalty.html

D24Saint
23/09/2023, 10:25 AM

Rovers fans all realise they’ve been way off previous standards this season and the whole thing needs to be refreshed so I don’t think too many would be sad to see Bradley leave.

Derry fans also seem to think they could be doing better with a different manager.

Pat’s fans don’t seem too keen on Jon Daly, he had a good run at the start and somehow are potentially in contention for the double despite having played badly for the last 6 weeks or so.

Bohs fans, if they lose the cup semi, will be wondering where it all went wrong from the start of the season and some will answer that it’s the manager.

Sligo - they clearly want Russell gone, though last night’s win should be enough to calm things down and see him to next season.

Cork - well they probably wish they actually had a manager to call for to be sacked.

So that leaves Duffer and Kevin Doherty as the only two managers in the Prem who the fans are happy with!

Thanks for all the well wishes to us too. I think someone did make the point that it’s ended up being such a procession there wasn’t really a “moment” last night. I guess the late equaliser in Waterford about a month ago we knew it was done then but having the cup for the moments had made this extra special.

I definitely think we can be competitive next season and hopefully we can aim to finish 6th to establish ourselves before progressing even further.

We have been awful recently. The second half was the best that we have performed in months. Since the Derry home game the only time we have played well was the 7-0 V UCD. I'm encouraged by Lonegran potentially hitting form at the crucial part of the season. I like Carty as he works hard but his finishing is poor.

TonyD
23/09/2023, 12:42 PM

I don’t know that that’s the case. I don’t sense any great dissatisfaction with Jon Daly. I think he’s done well. Yeah, we’ve been off the boil a bit lately, but have been generally getting results. Shels away being the exception, but we’d possibly have seen that out with 11 on the pitch. Second half last night was much better, as has been said. (Someone needs to tell SOD that games last 90 minutes, not 45 ;)) We won’t win the league, but I think we’ll get top 3, and with the Cup, who knows ?

redarmyfaction
23/09/2023, 3:05 PM
Wasn't sure about our penalty shout last night, they didn't show a decent replay, but Brush being refreshingly honest that it was.
https://www.derrynow.com/news/derry-sport/1304896/their-goalkeeper-has-apologised-to-us-saying-we-should-have-had-a-penalty.html
Defo a peno, but we had an equally blatant one disallowed at the BW last time, goal was HB too if SR's delay in celebrating is anything to go by.
*Haven't seen a replay of either.
*Ye were cat all the same.

Shearer
23/09/2023, 3:22 PM
Comfortable win for Treaty against 10 man Athlone.

Poor crowd owing to the game being a dead rubber, but all of a sudden it seems we might have a chance...

ontheotherhand
23/09/2023, 3:33 PM

Not sure about that in our case JC. Bradley still has plenty of support at Rovers. Nobody thought going for 4 in a row would be easy. There's definitely some who wouldn't mind a fresh approach but you'd only have to go to Tallaght for a game to see how much support Bradley has from the majority.

I'd be surprised if the majority at bohs weren't happy for now but I do think they'll finish behind Shels so we will see how that goes. If they get 4th it would have to be seen as a good season. 5th...probably ok.

For me Sligo are the only team massively underperforming and I'm surprised Russel is still there but I don't know if he is well like or not.

Go on and win the cup and congrats on promotion. It's good to have Galway back.

Calcio Jack
23/09/2023, 6:35 PM
Not sure about that in our case JC. Bradley still has plenty of support at Rovers. Nobody thought going for 4 in a row would be easy. There's definitely some who wouldn't mind a fresh approach but you'd only have to go to Tallaght for a game to see how much support Bradley has from the majority.

I'd be surprised if the majority at bohs weren't happy for now but I do think they'll finish behind Shels so we will see how that goes. If they get 4th it would have to be seen as a good season. 5th...probably ok.

For me Sligo are the only team massively underperforming and I'm surprised Russel is still there but I don't know if he is well like or not.

Go on and win the cup and congrats on promotion. It's good to have Galway back.

Re Bradley I’d be the first to moan/criticise many of our performances this season …. However hopefully he’s about to deliver a 4-in-a - row ; plus where he’s taken us from and how he and his ‘team’ have also developed the academy as well ( their vision supported by a board that were bereft of ideas.

So I think he has huge support and any fans or board members looking to replace him would be fools to put it mildly…. The big question is will he want to stay ( yes methinks) but only if he can agree with the board the next steps and also that the board can financially commit

placid casual
23/09/2023, 6:36 PM
Game last night was a slog,and UCD defended well,but that's all they did. Rovers lost focus in exploiting the weakness in the students and the paint by numbers approach of our football was rendered pointless by the 10 UCD players in the box. Burt hasnt been a success and Burkey insistence on playing head down football made us about as dangerous as a rubber knife.
Still derry conspired to lose a game they had to win so it's a case of never look a gift horse in the mouth.

pineapple stu
23/09/2023, 8:08 PM
Just had a look there and we were on a run of 16 successive defeats against Rovers.

Don't know is there a worse record elsewhere in the league?

sbgawa
23/09/2023, 8:58 PM
Re Bradley I’d be the first to moan/criticise many of our performances this season …. However hopefully he’s about to deliver a 4-in-a - row ; plus where he’s taken us from and how he and his ‘team’ have also developed the academy as well ( their vision supported by a board that were bereft of ideas.

So I think he has huge support and any fans or board members looking to replace him would be fools to put it mildly…. The big question is will he want to stay ( yes methinks) but only if he can agree with the board the next steps and also that the board can financially commit
The club are set to lose something like 2m this year was said at the members meeting recently I think that is backing your manager. I want bradley to stay but the board deserve credit for the backing they have given him.