PDA

View Full Version : Shamrock Rovers - Sky News

A face
25/08/2005, 12:34 AM
Anyone see it ?? ..... what looking at it and was kinda happy to see it (even though it was all bad news) ... at least they were being covered and my mate turned around and said "and not a word about City in Europe ???" .... i agree .... it was kinda tokenmism (sp??) on Skys behalf but good to see none the less !!

dcfcsteve
25/08/2005, 12:46 AM
What were they saying ?

Was it Sky News Ireland ?

A face
25/08/2005, 12:49 AM
What were they saying ?

Was it Sky News Ireland ?

Yeah .... Shy news at ten !!

Basically how Rovers are the best club in Ireland past and present and how Tallaght is half done and a basket case at this stage ... real bad management lead to Rovers being taken over by fans and the rest is history. Rovers haven't lost a game under new management and all is rosie for them.

Cráp really but sure how bad ..... its Rovers !! :p

crc
25/08/2005, 8:19 AM
It wasn't ground breaking 'news', but it was good to see an eL story (rather than just match reports, and we don't even get them too often!) making the news. The budding reporter also showed a typical reporters instinct - i.e. to put yourself in front of the camera at some point during the report, even though it adds nothing to the story! :D

manic da hoop
25/08/2005, 8:34 AM
[QUOTE=A face] "even though it was all bad news" [QUOTE]

:confused:

thejollyrodger
25/08/2005, 9:11 AM
Fair play for SkyIreland for covering the EL for the first time ever. It will be great to see Tallaght finished once and for all, the story has dragged on for so long.

joeSoap
25/08/2005, 9:13 AM
The only thing thats going to be played on that pitch when its done is Gaelic Football ;)

A face
25/08/2005, 10:12 AM
[QUOTE=A face] "even though it was all bad news" [QUOTE]

:confused:

I meant it wasn't a glowing report .... just being honest.

WeAreRovers
25/08/2005, 11:46 AM
The only thing thats going to be played on that pitch when its done is Gaelic Football ;)

I'll bet you serious money at any odds that your wrong on that one.

KOH

superfrank
25/08/2005, 11:48 AM
They had the team news for the Cork-Djurgardens match on BBC Ceefax.

thejollyrodger
25/08/2005, 12:37 PM
in fairness, if the FAI can ground share with the IRFU then Shamrock rovers can ground share with a gaelic football team who wont dig up the ground as much.

Passive
25/08/2005, 12:46 PM
[QUOTE=manic da hoop][QUOTE=A face] "even though it was all bad news"

I meant it wasn't a glowing report .... just being honest.

The report said Rovers was run terribly but has been taken over by the fans, is unbeaten in four games and looks set to avoid relegation. It didn't explain about Tallaght be finished off, but it all seemed very positive to me.

Buller
25/08/2005, 1:19 PM
good joke... :cool:

Lim till i die
26/08/2005, 9:48 AM
I'll bet you serious money at any odds that your wrong on that one.

KOH

And you would win that bet hands down. I mean, I assume the GAA will allow hurling on the pitch aswell ;)