PDA

View Full Version : Dutch TV to air sperm donor reality show

sligoman
24/08/2005, 5:48 PM
Billionaire television producer John de Mol, behind the pioneer show Big Brother, will test the limits of reality TV with a programme in which a woman searches for a potential sperm donor to conceive a child.

His new TV station Talpa, launched earlier this month, confirmed it will air a programme called "I want your child ... and nothing else!" but gave no further details about the show due at 1830 GMT on Wednesday.

"The plan is that we visit potential donors and -- of course on camera -- decide which man is most suitable," the 30-year old woman who will feature in the programme said in an interview with De Telegraaf newspaper.

"Afterwards there will be artificial insemination," said the woman who was identified only as "Yessica" and who has bought a house with a room for a child.

The show is a one-off competing with four other reality TV programmes, one of which follows five former prostitutes starting a cafe. The programme receiving most votes from viewers on Saturday, after all the shows have aired, will be turned into a series.

De Telegraaf also published an email address for men wanting to donate sperm to Yessica.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/24082005/80/dutch-tv-air-sperm-donor-reality-show.html

Gerrit
24/08/2005, 8:17 PM
No scenes where the donation process is shown I hope :eek: :D

I think reality TV is going too far... I mean, in the US we already had a reality TV show where an adoption could be won, the UK had a proposal (which was luckily refused) for a sort of P0rn Idol contest (based on Pop Idols but then for adult industry actors), and there was even an idea where someone would fake to be dead and then from behind the scenes watch his own funeral and see how his family would talk of him...

I think the border of good taste has been long crossed, and it's getting really out of hand... I can just see it happening we'll have the first euthanasia patient who turns his last week into a reality TV program :eek:

I am not watching all that crap anyway. I once saw 15 minutes of Big Brother and never watched reality TV again...

holidaysong
24/08/2005, 8:21 PM
...there was even an idea where someone would fake to be dead and then from behind the scenes watch his own funeral and see how his family would talk of him...

I always wondered what that would be like...

Green Tribe
24/08/2005, 11:32 PM
I always wondered what that would be like...

Don't worry, you notice that people are (usually) always praised when they are dead, nobody says a bad word about them, unless they were Hitler or someone like that :D