PDA

View Full Version : Longford (H)

culloty82
06/09/2023, 1:07 PM
As the season draws ever nearer to its mid-October conclusion, thoughts are already drifting towards what change in approaches will be required over the winter if Kerry aim to compete even with Harps and Treaty at the lower end of the 2024 divisional table. Billy Dennehy has spoken again this week about basic errors costing the team dearly at key stages of matches, but is that down to the players at his disposal not being up to standard, coaching levels and game management letting the side down in the second half (generally we have been level at HT in most games since the season resumed), or a combination of both factors? Certainly, discipline will have to improve dramatically, with Cian Barrett dismissed for two very avoidable yellows, and Martin Coughlan literally getting booked in every match he's played since signing. As for Friday's visitors, Longford will definitely be full of confidence after taking Galway's scalp, and with a formline of 4 wins in their last 5, they'll expect no obstacle to their play-off push.

legendz
08/09/2023, 4:07 PM
A combination of both factors. There have been defensive frailties all season. If Billy cannot sort that, he at least needs to bring in a coach to work on the defensive setup of the team.
Cobh and Wexford were crucial games. Deservedly going 2 goals up in both. Opportunity missed to turn a corner.
It's difficult to be in anyway optimistic about this evening. As supporters, we being frustrated again and again. Supporters by in large have been patient and understanding. So far supporters have not been rewarded.

legendz
08/09/2023, 6:07 PM
Axworthy, Aladesanusi, Teahan and Okwute are the 4 changes from last week. Coughlan and Nnganou are on the bench. Barrett suspended and Hannafin are not in the matchday squad.
Gaxha, McGrath, Kelliher and Okwute will want to attack, attack, attack!

legendz
08/09/2023, 8:52 PM
First clean sheet in a league game at home anyway. Realistically there is one opportunity left for that elusive home league win.

Martinho II
08/09/2023, 9:41 PM
First clean sheet in a league game at home anyway. Realistically there is one opportunity left for that elusive home league win.

How poor were we tonight lads? I didnt see the game at all so very disappointing result for ourselves.

Martinho II
10/09/2023, 3:46 PM
Well lads, I couldnt make it down to Tralee is there anyone in Kerry FC I can contact about getting a match program as I emailed club back but got no response?

legendz
10/09/2023, 7:15 PM
Well lads, I couldnt make it down to Tralee is there anyone in Kerry FC I can contact about getting a match program as I emailed club back but got no response?
https://twitter.com/KerryFC/status/1700177174136070443?t=OPhXBrRUpX1R_dJnQrWsHQ&s=19

Martinho II
11/09/2023, 10:37 PM
https://twitter.com/KerryFC/status/1700177174136070443?t=OPhXBrRUpX1R_dJnQrWsHQ&s=19

Thanks Legendz I dont have a twitter a/c anymore Would you be able to get Kerry FC to email marty_stapo@yahoo.ie pls or are they on facebook or instagram?

culloty82
12/09/2023, 6:31 PM
Yes, just type "Kerry Football Club" into Facebook , and you can contact them directly on Messenger there:

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php/?id=100086072752359&name=xhp_nt__fb__action__open_user

Martinho II
12/09/2023, 9:37 PM
Yes, just type "Kerry Football Club" into Facebook , and you can contact them directly on Messenger there:

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php/?id=100086072752359&name=xhp_nt__fb__action__open_user

Lovely stuff thanks Culloty.
I wasnt at the game the other night but the statement from my club is awful. Stephen Henderson did a way better job!

Our players normally never behave like this so I cant defend them as I wasnt there.I will message club now

Martinho II
14/09/2023, 9:18 PM
Thanks Legendz I dont have a twitter a/c anymore Would you be able to get Kerry FC to email marty_stapo@yahoo.ie pls or are they on facebook or instagram?

In the end a Kerry FC fan whos not a member here emailed me and is posting me on his so result!