Kerry v Bray
Waterford v Athlone
Wexford v Finn Harps
Cobh v Treaty

Saturday 2nd

Longford v Galway 19:30

sbgawa
29/08/2023, 4:37 PM
Big weekend ahead if we can beat Bohs combined with Dundalk and little old Shels taking points off Derry and Pats it will be a big step forward and make the following weeks match in Derry into a must win for Derry.
Having said that we have been poor and id take two draws with Bohs and Derry now in our next two matches and just keep them at arms length.
Pats have a chance to stamp themselves firmly into the reconing but Shels are tough to beat ...as we well know.

If Cork beat Sligo they are only 3 points behind and Sligo are firmly in the relgation playoff mix.
That being said its hard to see Waterford based on recent evidence being a match for a Premier league Team,,,,,,maybe they would enjoy the underdog tag.

The First Division is starting to shake out and with a 4 point gap from 5th Wexford to joint sixth place Longford and Treaty things are startoing to look fairly settled.
Both 6th place teams have big asks this weekend....would be a shame for everything to be settled so early.

nigel-harps1954
29/08/2023, 4:52 PM
Harps title charge starts this week.

cláirseach
29/08/2023, 5:33 PM
Can't wait for what should be a super match i dTamhlacht. Rovers are in terrible form (but possibly improving), Bohs are in good form but don't control games (a very fun tea tbf), should be a cracker and a sell-out too.

Real pity that the fourth stand isn't ready.

joey B
29/08/2023, 5:38 PM
Might just watch Rovers/Bohs this week.....

Shearer
29/08/2023, 6:04 PM
Might just watch Rovers/Bohs this week.....
Keep the faith Joey.

WexCar.
29/08/2023, 6:33 PM
Great chance for Kerry to get a win, would be deserved favourites this weekend based on both teams' recent form. Even if the results haven't been going Kerrys way.

ger121
29/08/2023, 7:07 PM
Forgot about the email at 7pm to buy away tickets. I was on the ball last time. Oh well, looks like Virgin Media for me.

On a completely unrelated topic, a friend of mine is interested in going to the match on Friday. As a neutral, will he go unnoticed if he isn’t doesn’t cheer for Rovers anytime they are doing well in the match?

Calcio Jack
29/08/2023, 7:28 PM
Forgot about the email at 7pm to buy away tickets. I was on the ball last time. Oh well, looks like Virgin Media for me.

On a completely unrelated topic, a friend of mine is interested in going to the match on Friday. As a neutral, will he go unnoticed if he isn’t doesn’t cheer for Rovers anytime they are doing well in the match?

I’d be more concerned as to how he’ll be noticed if he cheers when Bohs are doing well

dundalkfc10
29/08/2023, 11:46 PM

I've been to a few Rovers Bohs games in Tallaght and nobody gives a **** if you a neutral.

Going to be in Dublin Friday myself so of I don't get out of work to make the 6 bus back to Dundalk, I might tip out to Tallaght myself (if it ain't sold out by then)

Another Bohemia
30/08/2023, 5:41 AM
Big weekend ahead if we can beat Bohs combined with Dundalk and little old Shels taking points off Derry and Pats it will be a big step forward and make the following weeks match in Derry into a must win for Derry.
Having said that we have been poor and id take two draws with Bohs and Derry now in our next two matches and just keep them at arms length.
Pats have a chance to stamp themselves firmly into the reconing but Shels are tough to beat ...as we well know.

If Cork beat Sligo they are only 3 points behind and Sligo are firmly in the relgation playoff mix.
That being said its hard to see Waterford based on recent evidence being a match for a Premier league Team,,,,,,maybe they would enjoy the underdog tag.

The First Division is starting to shake out and with a 4 point gap from 5th Wexford to joint sixth place Longford and Treaty things are startoing to look fairly settled.
Both 6th place teams have big asks this weekend....would be a shame for everything to be settled so early.

Bohs haven't won an away game in the league since the 21st of April! Ball is very much in Rovers court with them winning their last 5 home games. I'll never believe this poor mouthing from the Rovers camp, I've been burnt by that before. There's a reason Rovers are top of the table at the moment and it's not just the poor form of the rest of the league.

sbgawa
30/08/2023, 10:47 AM
Bohs haven't won an away game in the league since the 21st of April! Ball is very much in Rovers court with them winning their last 5 home games. I'll never believe this poor mouthing from the Rovers camp, I've been burnt by that before. There's a reason Rovers are top of the table at the moment and it's not just the poor form of the rest of the league.

Im not poor mouthing for the sake of it
You are excluding two abject performances in Europe in that run of games.
Also Cork and UCD (with all due respect) couldnt have us handing out plaudits.
Dundalk should have got something last week .
IMO the only decent performance was the Derry game but that is what gives me hope for the Bohs and Derry games...hopefully when we really need it we can perform

Calcio Jack
30/08/2023, 2:59 PM
Im not poor mouthing for the sake of it
You are excluding two abject performances in Europe in that run of games.
Also Cork and UCD (with all due respect) couldnt have us handing out plaudits.
Dundalk should have got something last week .
IMO the only decent performance was the Derry game but that is what gives me hope for the Bohs and Derry games...hopefully when we really need it we can perform

It’s against the lower placed teams we’ve struggled ; contrast only 9 points from 27 from having played Shels, Cork & Drogs three times each and 20 points from matches against Bohs,Pats & Derry…. Even more bizarrely only one win (v Cork) so far against S/C/D and only a single loss (c Derry) against B/P/D

ger121
30/08/2023, 4:44 PM
I've been to a few Rovers Bohs games in Tallaght and nobody gives a **** if you a neutral.

Going to be in Dublin Friday myself so of I don't get out of work to make the 6 bus back to Dundalk, I might tip out to Tallaght myself (if it ain't sold out by then)

Whoosh!!

cláirseach
30/08/2023, 5:22 PM
I know a guy that celebrated in Tallaght once and the locals picked him up like cavemen and put him on the next direct bus to Phibsboro.

Dermobohs
30/08/2023, 7:46 PM
I know a guy that celebrated in Tallaght once and the locals picked him up like cavemen and put him on the next direct bus to Phibsboro.
He was a hoop fan too.

SkStu
30/08/2023, 9:36 PM

True story.

Nesta99
31/08/2023, 10:26 AM

There are direct buses??

De Town
31/08/2023, 10:56 AM
Harps title charge starts this week.

Donegal Daily certainly haven't given up hope of a title challenge anyway based on their headline from last week's game.

https://www.donegaldaily.com/2023/08/25/harps-lose-further-ground-on-leaders-after-defeat-to-longford-town/#:~:text=Harps%20lose%20further%20ground%20on%20le aders%20after%20defeat%20to%20Longford%20Town,-written%20by%20Staff&text=An%20impressive%20win%20in%20the,Longford%20T own%20at%20Finn%20Park.

joey B
31/08/2023, 11:12 AM
Donegal Daily certainly haven't given up hope of a title challenge anyway based on their headline from last week's game.

https://www.donegaldaily.com/2023/08/25/harps-lose-further-ground-on-leaders-after-defeat-to-longford-town/#:~:text=Harps%20lose%20further%20ground%20on%20le aders%20after%20defeat%20to%20Longford%20Town,-written%20by%20Staff&text=An%20impressive%20win%20in%20the,Longford%20T own%20at%20Finn%20Park.

Donegal Daily is about the equivalent of the Sun so I wouldn’t pay much heed….

osarusan
31/08/2023, 11:46 AM

Direct bus? Are you sure it wasn't a spaceship?

TonyD
31/08/2023, 1:57 PM

Isn’t the game on RTE, not VM ?

Tough game for Pats in Tolka. We’ve squeezed past Shels each time so far this season, but maybe our luck is about to run out.

ger121
31/08/2023, 3:57 PM
Isn’t the game on RTE, not VM ?

Tough game for Pats in Tolka. We’ve squeezed past Shels each time so far this season, but maybe our luck is about to run out.

VM. They are doing a post game panel with coverage going on till 10:30.

ger121
31/08/2023, 3:57 PM
Direct bus? Are you sure it wasn't a spaceship?

The real question is where do you park.

TonyD
31/08/2023, 4:52 PM
VM. They are doing a post game panel with coverage going on till 10:30.

My mistake so, could have sworn it was RTE I saw it advertised on.

Nesta99
31/08/2023, 5:24 PM
The real question is where do you park.

MyPost's roof.

Dermobohs
31/08/2023, 6:29 PM
Having to watch on telly, so not feeling the derby buzz at all really. Football has to be watched live. How the **** do barstoolers do it? Haven’t been to rovers away for a while now, this getting popular lark has its drawbacks

wonder88
31/08/2023, 8:57 PM
Would the Tolka game be as big a rivalry as the Shamrocks v Bohs one and in a more atmospheric ground? Hope both Dublin derby games sellout.
Anyway back to the first division which is the real national/countrywide league. The two games I have seen Longford this year they have played well, both bank holiday Monday fixtures, them at home against Galway and away to Bray. I feel fairly confident that Galway will get the job done on Saturday, they finished really strong against Cobh the other night. A win would not only bring the title and promotion closer but be a great boast for cup game v Dundalk.

TonyD
31/08/2023, 10:38 PM
Would the Tolka game be as big a rivalry as the Shamrocks v Bohs one and in a more atmospheric ground? Hope both Dublin derby games sellout. .

Probably not as big now, but Pats /$h€l$.was a huge game back in the late 9O’s when they were the top 2 in Dublin (yes kids, Shels used to be quite successful, hard as that is to believe:p.) I remember some epic games at Tolka, particularly the Cup QF in 98 that went to 2 replays, Pats losing on a shoot out (might have been Trevor Croly that missed the vital kick, but I’m open to correction.) Shels are still the club I love to hate the most, ever since those Ollie days. Great games.

Philosophizer
31/08/2023, 10:47 PM
Would the Tolka game be as big a rivalry as the Shamrocks v Bohs one and in a more atmospheric ground?
Not as big a rivalry surely. The riverside has a good atmosphere but so does Tallaght to be fair. Just coz it’s a nice modern ground doesn’t mean it’s lacking atmosphere.

Martinho II
01/09/2023, 9:30 AM
If I remember correctly when St Pats had the points deducted in 01-02 season wasnt there a huge Pats Shels rivalry back then as I think Ollie Byrne had something to do with the points deduction?

Bohtastic
01/09/2023, 6:25 PM
If I remember correctly when St Pats had the points deducted in 01-02 season wasnt there a huge Pats Shels rivalry back then as I think Ollie Byrne had something to do with the points deduction?

Ah, the Marney affair.
Had Ollie's fingerprints all over it.

culloty82
01/09/2023, 7:03 PM
Kerry go a goal down after two minutes, but Seánie McGrath swiftly equalises.

culloty82
01/09/2023, 7:27 PM
An interesting aside - since signing from Treaty, Martin Coughlan has started five games, and been booked each time.

SeanDrog
01/09/2023, 7:37 PM
Potential goal of season just scored in Drogheda from half way line

culloty82
01/09/2023, 7:43 PM
Cian Barrett sent off on the stroke of half-time.

Nesta99
01/09/2023, 8:32 PM
Ah, the Marney affair.
Had Ollie's fingerprints all over it.

Was quite somethig to see a side and fans celebrate winning the league when (points deduction) meant they hadnt at that point anyway. The Dundalk FC POTY trophy is pretty versatile and has been presented for all sorrts but especially in lieu of the league trophy twice, 94-95 to Dundalk, and 01-02 to St Pats.
Think all that era messing with points deductions, Ollie's games behin the scenes, culminated in and summed up by the Best Worst title winning player interview ever given by Stuey Byrne.

ger121
01/09/2023, 8:46 PM
And then there was 2.

Bohtastic
01/09/2023, 8:46 PM
I thought stuey byrnes worst interview was a different year when they pipped Derry?
Shels had the habit of winning things with zero class.
If Duff ever wins a trophy he'll carry on the torch I'd imagine.

Bohtastic
01/09/2023, 8:47 PM
Well. That was a bit ****.
One of those times I'm not missing being there.

Philosophizer
01/09/2023, 8:49 PM
Rovers always seemed to be able to raise their game for the derby this year, no matter how their form is going into it. That’s what champions do I suppose. They’re sitting pretty now.

pineapple stu
01/09/2023, 8:50 PM
Shels four points off Pat's and guaranteed Europe all of a sudden. Life at the bottom too as Cork get within three points of Sligo. May be moot though unless Waterford can find some form. Only five wins in the last 13 games (since the break) and Coughlan with only seven in that

dong
01/09/2023, 9:03 PM
This is the softest, most spineless Sligo Rovers side I can ever recall.
No character whatsoever. I wouldn't fancy us in a playoff against anyone.

TonyD
01/09/2023, 9:07 PM
Shels four points off Pat's and guaranteed Europe all of a sudden. Life at the bottom too as Cork get within three points of Sligo. May be moot though unless Waterford can find some form. Only five wins in the last 13 games (since the break) and Coughlan with only seven in that

Shels Guaranteed Europe ? How do you figure ? Disappointing from us tonight. We were defending well until the sending off, and may well have seen the game out with 11 men, but we really offered nothing going forward.

pineapple stu
01/09/2023, 9:09 PM
I meant Shels four points off third place (ie Pat's)

Fourth Euro spot mayn't go to fourth in the league with the way the cup is going.

joey B
01/09/2023, 9:11 PM
Are Pats fans happy with Jon Daly? I've watched them a couple of times and havent been impressed,blessed to win in the cup and poor in europe,were'nt good against UCD last week either apparently....

Nah Nah Nah Nah
01/09/2023, 9:13 PM
This is the softest, most spineless Sligo Rovers side I can ever recall.
No character whatsoever. I wouldn't fancy us in a playoff against anyone.

Shower of absolute pussies. Can’t score and keep conceding ridiculous goals.

Calcio Jack
01/09/2023, 9:15 PM
Superb by Rovers and the win was even more emphatic than score line would have you believe ….. game was well sewn up before Clarke and Farrugia came on but having both fit again is a real bonus….. Hopefully we’ll have Jack back for Derry game and rest of season.

sidewayspasser
01/09/2023, 9:24 PM
Life at the bottom too as Cork get within three points of Sligo. May be moot though unless Waterford can find some form. Only five wins in the last 13 games (since the break) and Coughlan with only seven in that
Coughlan went off injured in the cup game at Turner's Cross. Hasn't played since, I think. Do Waterford fans on here know a bit more?

El-Pietro
01/09/2023, 9:28 PM
Huge night for Ruairi Keating in his first start at the Cross since his dad died onnthe way to see him play at the Showgrounds against Sligo.
We need to make up 4 points and I dont know if we can do that. We looked good tonight and we looked good with 11 men against Drogs last night but I think it's too little too late.