PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Moran

The Stars
23/08/2005, 8:54 PM
is it just me or did anyone else change to ITV while watching the Liverpool match cos of Moran.He talks such a load of sh!te......Pat Scully will hopefully be taking his job soon.

Kerry Blue
23/08/2005, 9:08 PM
is it just me or did anyone else change to ITV while watching the Liverpool match cos of Moran.He talks such a load of sh!te......Pat Scully will hopefully be taking his job soon.
Won't have to worry about this I'd say. RTE have just signed exclusive rights to show 2 live Champions League games per week (Tuesday & Wednesday) from next season on in a 3 year deal. So thats the end of TV3 coverage after this season.

gustavo
23/08/2005, 9:57 PM
moran is dreadful , was watching the the italy match and im nearly sure he called vieri "viera" and de rossi "rosso" for the entire match

noby
24/08/2005, 11:47 AM
moran is dreadful , was watching the the italy match and im nearly sure he called vieri "viera" and de rossi "rosso" for the entire match

Reminds me of Euro2004. Venables kept calling Del Piero "Piero", as if his first name was Derek, and he drank down the Nag's Head.

Poor Student
24/08/2005, 11:55 AM
Won't have to worry about this I'd say. RTE have just signed exclusive rights to show 2 live Champions League games per week (Tuesday & Wednesday) from next season on in a 3 year deal. So thats the end of TV3 coverage after this season.

I thought new rules stated that there could be no more exclusive deals in a state and that coverage had to be divided?

Kerry Blue
24/08/2005, 5:27 PM
I thought new rules stated that there could be no more exclusive deals in a state and that coverage had to be divided?
Aparently not. RTE's Head of Sport, Glen Killane claims in today's press that if they didn't buy the exclusive rights and then TV3 didn't come up with enough money then coverage would go to 'pay' television. I presume this refers to Sky and/or Setanta even though we still have to pay to watch RTE! :rolleyes: I don't know what the situation is at the moment with the UK.

beautifulrock
25/08/2005, 9:45 AM
Well if it means we dont have to listen to Moran waffling on, it is worth the money for that alone

Schumi
25/08/2005, 2:14 PM
Makes no difference what station has the rights, they'll all show the same games anyway.

CollegeTillIDie
25/08/2005, 7:29 PM
used to play for UCD won a Collingwood Cup winners medal in January/February 1976. He played for Pegasus the following season and played in the FAI Cup against Dundalk where he was spotted playing by a Manchester United scout... and his career went rapidly downhill :D

Baker
25/08/2005, 9:32 PM
Makes no difference what station has the rights, they'll all show the same games anyway.

Man U every single time they play even if they are playing a game that means nothing against a team of minnows :mad:

CollegeTillIDie
25/08/2005, 10:29 PM
If TV3 had any brains. They would be looking to show very attractive interesting fixtures... NOT INVOLVING ENGLISH OR SCOTTISH CLUBS.
That way they could still show Champions League games without pandering to the great unwashed. I for one would watch them if they did this.

Macy
26/08/2005, 8:49 AM
Aparently not. RTE's Head of Sport, Glen Killane claims in today's press that if they didn't buy the exclusive rights and then TV3 didn't come up with enough money then coverage would go to 'pay' television. I presume this refers to Sky and/or Setanta even though we still have to pay to watch RTE! :rolleyes: I don't know what the situation is at the moment with the UK.
Which they'd drop this "Free To Air" nonsense. Try getting digital RTE for fookin free....

fosterdollar
26/08/2005, 8:58 AM
I presume this refers to Sky and/or Setanta even though we still have to pay to watch RTE! :rolleyes:
...only in the same way you have to pay to watch TV3

4tothefloor
26/08/2005, 11:55 AM
I think it's a disasterous deal as from next season on we'll be faced with a Man U game + the most attractive game involving Chelsea/Arsenal/Liverpool/Celtic. God help the fans of the club who are on the same night as the Utd Sh!te :mad:

It's a joke because RTE will still show Utd even though they know ITV1 is showing the exact same game, thus offering the Irish viewer no real choice. RTE should be showing the ITV2 game as ITV2 is not available over here. That would make sense though :rolleyes:

As for Kevin Moran, he referred to Sissoko as a "poor man's Viera" early in the second half. Towards the end of the game he was waxing lyrical about him. Says it all really....

noby
26/08/2005, 12:52 PM
I think it's a disasterous deal as from next season on we'll be faced with a Man U game + the most attractive game involving Chelsea/Arsenal/Liverpool/Celtic.

Isn't that not pretty much the case now? Albeit on two different stations.

Kerry Blue
26/08/2005, 5:41 PM
...only in the same way you have to pay to watch TV3
That's true, but you don't pay any money directly to TV3 to watch it. What I'm getting at is what Macy alluded to is the fact that RTE are always claiming they are 'free to air'. Well they aren't as legally you have to pay a TV licence fee in order to view RTE so it isn't free.

It's a joke because RTE will still show Utd even though they know ITV1 is showing the exact same game, thus offering the Irish viewer no real choice. RTE should be showing the ITV2 game as ITV2 is not available over here. That would make sense though
Course it would but RTE would rather compete directly with ITV in the hope that they would attract more viewers than them as they probably reckon that everyone in this country wants to watch the English clubs only, and wouldn't have any interest in watching the likes of Juventus, Barcelona, AC Milan, Real Madrid or Inter in this seasons Champions League. :rolleyes: