PDA

View Full Version : Former Welsh boss linked with vacant Tolka post

Pablo
11/04/2002, 12:24 PM
EL.NET

Former Wales manager Bobby Gould has emerged as a surprise candidate to replace Dermot Keely as manager of Shelbourne.
Gould is one of several names bandied about this week and former Shels midfielder Paul Doolin, afresh from an excellent start to his managerial career at UCD, is also one of the contenders for the post.

Pete Mahon, who left Bohemians earlier this season, former Shels boss Colin Murphy and another ex-Bohs man - Roddy Collins - could all be in line to replace Keely.

The Dubliner quit on the last day of the Premier Division season and he blamed his side's 4-0 hammering by Bohemians - and all the off-the-field controversies this season - for his decision.

"It's the worst administered league, probably in the world. I feel very very low and it's been coming for ages. Watching this drama unfold in the papers doesn't make you proud to be part of the League," he said.

Pablo
11/04/2002, 12:25 PM
If anything comes of that, then $hel$ will have pulled of a coup.

How much will depend on todays appeal and possible CL qualification i wonder?

Éanna
11/04/2002, 1:00 PM
that would be a good thing for the league, in terms of getting a big name- and lets face it, anythings gotta be a step up from managing Wales, he's bound to go for it :D If they even THINK of :mad: Colin Murphy :mad: they must be mad!

pete
11/04/2002, 2:17 PM
I'd have thought shels u-21 manager Mick Neville would be in the running?

Schumi
11/04/2002, 4:44 PM
Originally posted by Pablo
Paul Doolin, afresh from an excellent start to his managerial career at UCD, is also one of the contenders for the post.

:( NOOOOOO!!!!!:(

Are they really considering Pete Mahon?