Bray v Waterford
Galway v Cobh
Treaty v Kerry
Finn Harps v Longford (20:00)

Monday 28th

Treaty v Waterford

sbgawa
21/08/2023, 2:33 PM
Rovers really need to beat Dundalk after letting another match slip away agaisnt Shels.
Assuming Derry beat UCD with their game in hand we are only 2 points clear and the way we are playing i cant see us staying ahead.

If we do manage to get a win against Dundalk the fact that Derry are plahying bohs means one of them has to drop points.
Pats are obviously still right in it but Derry have hit form at the right time and were unlucky to lose two penelty shoot outs in a week which while they are no doubt dissapointed probably will mean they go on and win the league.

As ever im praying for a return to form....lets see.

Another Bohemia
22/08/2023, 7:19 AM
Rovers really need to beat Dundalk after letting another match slip away agaisnt Shels.
Assuming Derry beat UCD with their game in hand we are only 2 points clear and the way we are playing i cant see us staying ahead.

If we do manage to get a win against Dundalk the fact that Derry are plahying bohs means one of them has to drop points.
Pats are obviously still right in it but Derry have hit form at the right time and were unlucky to lose two penelty shoot outs in a week which while they are no doubt dissapointed probably will mean they go on and win the league.

Derry have hit form by being eliminated from two competitions on penalties.Games where they played well but lacked a lethal finishing touch you would see from champions. There's a strong smell of bottlers coming from the brandywell and I fear an inevitable injury to Duffy or McEleney or both will completely derail any title push they could have. They're still in it for the moment and have no other "distractions" but neither do Rovers so no real advantage there. It seems to me whoever wins the league will do so in spite of themselves because no one can seem to grab the league by the throat and go on a significant run of positive results.

sbgawa
22/08/2023, 8:03 AM
Rovers next three games are Dundalk , Bohs , Derry. if any of Derry , Pats , Bohs or however unlikely it seems at the moment Rovers can win 3 games in a row they willl be top and heading for the title

culloty82
22/08/2023, 9:33 AM
Now that the final quarter of the First Division season has begun, Kerry really have to start converting their recent "moral victories" into points on the board - there hasn't been much between ourselves and Treaty apart from the first trip to Markets Field, so a draw should be the target on Friday.

DCSIL
22/08/2023, 9:51 AM
Used to have a great record in Dalymount, can't see us winning unfortunately.

Jack B
22/08/2023, 11:22 AM
It's a big few weeks ahead for us. All of Rovers, Derry, Bohs and Dundalk are playing each other in different combinations while we've UCD, Shels and Drogs. More so nervous that we don't make the most of putting some ground between us and a few teams than I am expectant that we will.

Stuttgart88
22/08/2023, 2:59 PM

I was quite anxious this time last year too even if the final table showed a comfortable win, but there were times (the game with the Gaffney late winner v Shels, going behind early v Pats and even at 3-1 up giving away a penalty...) even in the last few games I felt it was dangerously tight.

Huge 3 games coming up alright. Win, win, draw would be great. I've no idea what to expect. The Tolka game has changed the dynamic hugely imho.

legendz
22/08/2023, 5:22 PM
9 rounds remaining in the First Division. Kerry will have to pick up more points than they have so far for a reasonable total. Anything less than 18 points is a poor return despite learning on the job etc.

TonyD
22/08/2023, 8:24 PM
It's a big few weeks ahead for us. All of Rovers, Derry, Bohs and Dundalk are playing each other in different combinations while we've UCD, Shels and Drogs. More so nervous that we don't make the most of putting some ground between us and a few teams than I am expectant that we will.

Really don’t expect us to win the title, but they are three winnable games coming up, so we could be in a very good position. Having said that, Drogheda beat us last time out, and we’ve squeezed past Shels the last couple of times, so taking nothing for granted.

Jack B
22/08/2023, 8:25 PM
Really don’t expect us to win the title, but they are three winnable games coming up, so we could be in a very good position. Having said that, Drogheda beat us last time out, and we’ve squeezed past Shels the last couple of times, so taking nothing for granted.

Never mind the title, I just meant getting into Europe!

(Just wanted to avoid relegation really)

TonyD
22/08/2023, 8:30 PM
Yeah, Europe and the cup would do me !

ger121
22/08/2023, 11:12 PM
This could come back to bite me in the ass but I think it is a good time to play Derry. Two tough fixtures in the preceding week that went the distance, both of which they lost. Has to have an impact on you physically and mentally. If they do get a win on Friday though, then Derry will have bounced back nicely. So many big games now down the home straight.

Nesta99
23/08/2023, 11:26 AM
Yeah, Europe and the cup would do me !

Oh for the days that mention of the Cup had St Pats fas have an emotional breakdown lol. Just greedy now lads!

brendy_éire
24/08/2023, 1:26 PM
This could come back to bite me in the ass but I think it is a good time to play Derry. Two tough fixtures in the preceding week that went the distance, both of which they lost. Has to have an impact on you physically and mentally. If they do get a win on Friday though, then Derry will have bounced back nicely. So many big games now down the home straight.

Hard to know what to make of tomorrow's game.
I don't think we'll have too much of an issue physically. Mentally, maybe a different story. Bohs are on a decent run, and I think Decky has out-thought Higgins this year.
To look at the positives, we've conceded one in the last four games. We have a bizarrely great record in Dalymount over recent years, better than anywhere else (Brandywell included). We'll likely have most of the possession, but will we actually be able to create and take chances? Not sure at all.

JC_GUFC
24/08/2023, 1:34 PM
Hard to know what to make of tomorrow's game.
I don't think we'll have too much of an issue physically. Mentally, maybe a different story. Bohs are on a decent run, and I think Decky has out-thought Higgins this year.
To look at the positives, we've conceded one in the last four games. We have a bizarrely great record in Dalymount over recent years, better than anywhere else (Brandywell included). We'll likely have most of the possession, but will we actually be able to create and take chances? Not sure at all.

I think McMullan looks to be a very good signing, obviously came with a decent reputation but he gives a lot more balance to the team with him on the right and Duffy on the left.

Goalscoring is the concern if McGonigle could get any sort of confidence back like at the start of last season I'd fancy Derry to go on and win the league. The other lad from Scotland looks useless so far and Cian Kavanagh I guess works in certain situations with his physical presence - hopefully for Derry that miss against Tobol doesn't haunt him for the rest of the season.

lofty9
24/08/2023, 2:04 PM
I think McMullan looks to be a very good signing, obviously came with a decent reputation but he gives a lot more balance to the team with him on the right and Duffy on the left.

Goalscoring is the concern if McGonigle could get any sort of confidence back like at the start of last season I'd fancy Derry to go on and win the league. The other lad from Scotland looks useless so far and Cian Kavanagh I guess works in certain situations with his physical presence - hopefully for Derry that miss against Tobol doesn't haunt him for the rest of the season.

The other lad has looked sharp in his last couple of cameos, not match fit, but clear as day he's not a centre forward.

TonyD
24/08/2023, 7:18 PM
Oh for the days that mention of the Cup had St Pats fas have an emotional breakdown lol. Just greedy now lads!

You can build up quite a thirst after 50 odd years:D

nigel-harps1954
24/08/2023, 9:05 PM
You can build up quite a thirst after 50 odd years:D

50 years next year since Harps only cup win.

I would like to see at least one win in my lifetime :cool:

TonyD
24/08/2023, 10:42 PM
50 years next year since Harps only cup win.

I would like to see at least one win in my lifetime :cool:

Yeah, know the feeling. Ironically that last win for Harps was against Pats. Wasn’t at the game but remember being vaguely aware of it as a child. (Aging myself big time now ;)) Wasn’t at Waterford in 1980 either. Only started going regularly to Pats in 94, so I was at the finals in 96, 2003, 2006 and 2012. Was beginning to think I’d never see a win. I remember the Harps/Bray games (99 I think ?). Two very good games.

nigel-harps1954
24/08/2023, 11:08 PM
Yeah, know the feeling. Ironically that last win for Harps was against Pats. Wasn’t at the game but remember being vaguely aware of it as a child. (Aging myself big time now ;)) Wasn’t at Waterford in 1980 either. Only started going regularly to Pats in 94, so I was at the finals in 96, 2003, 2006 and 2012. Was beginning to think I’d never see a win. I remember the Harps/Bray games (99 I think ?). Two very good games.

Harps v Bray in 1999 was three games. Two replays. Had the cup stolen away from us that year.

pineapple stu
25/08/2023, 6:34 AM
Two very good games and a ****e one wasn't it? :p

Mr A
25/08/2023, 8:53 AM
First game was absolutely awful. Just dreadful.

We threw that first replay away big time. Missed chance after chance.

To think I deferred my exams for a year for them hures.

No lessons were learned.

TonyD
25/08/2023, 12:08 PM
Two very good games and a ****e one wasn't it? :p

Yeah, that’s what I meant, obviously :p

joey B
25/08/2023, 5:59 PM
I didnt quite appreciate how big the Drogs/Cork game is,a win for Cork and its game on ,Drogs win and its very close to being done and dusted.....

Shearer
25/08/2023, 6:08 PM
No sign of Matt Keane in Kerry squad this week. Has he been excommunicated again?

legendz
25/08/2023, 6:09 PM
I didnt quite appreciate how big the Drogs/Cork game is,a win for Cork and its game on ,Drogs win and its very close to being done and dusted.....
A massive six pointer. Cork playing Drogheda and Sligo in consecutive games have an opportunity to put pressure on both.

legendz
25/08/2023, 6:11 PM
No sign of Matt Keane in Kerry squad this week. Has he been excommunicated again? Looking at the bench, not seeing anyone who should be left out.

brendy_éire
25/08/2023, 6:49 PM
Bohs-Derry "delayed" until quarter past 8.
Apparently due to a lightning strike, and there are no floodlights.
Wonderful.

brendy_éire
25/08/2023, 7:11 PM
Match on, starting at half past.
Looked ropey for a while there.

Dermobohs
25/08/2023, 7:11 PM
Wa hay!
And I thought I was missing it cause I’m away. Call it off and re fix it!

culloty82
25/08/2023, 7:42 PM
First time ever that Kerry have benefited from an OG, having conceded a number earlier in the season.

The Bowler
25/08/2023, 7:58 PM
I've never seen a player at any level of football, get as much space in the box as Joe Redmond got at UCD tonight. Whoever is set piece defensive coach at UCD should be sacked, they've been sitting ducks all season at corners

Jack B
25/08/2023, 8:30 PM
We've been shocking here. UCD deserve something from the game.

kksaints
25/08/2023, 8:41 PM
If UCD had gotten an equaliser it wouldn't have been undeserved. We were really bad and created nothing really bar the setpiece we scored from which was the worst defending I've seen from a corner in a long time. I think Daly got his lineup wrong with four central midfielders and one of them repeatedly switching wings with Mulraney (who was probably our best player) which didn't work.

TonyD
25/08/2023, 8:45 PM
We've been shocking here. UCD deserve something from the game.

We certainly got away with one tonight. Unbelievable amount of space in the area for Joe Redmond to score. UCD looked like they might nick one towards the end too. Still, three points is three points.......

CorribsideSteve
25/08/2023, 8:47 PM
Decent game at Tallaght. Dundalk probably deserved something from the game, but they could have been out there for another 3 hours and not scored. Unconvincing from Rovers though, but a much needed 3points is all that matters.

The Bowler
25/08/2023, 9:24 PM
Rob Harvey is a comically awful referee, no clue about when advantage should be played, and when players give him lip for his obvious failings, he whips out the yellow. Just plain bad week after week

The Bowler
25/08/2023, 9:25 PM
Amd to top it off, ignores a stone waller for Derry in the box, blatant push in the back from a corner

joey B
25/08/2023, 9:30 PM
Harps abject at home again,Longford got their goal and saw it out with little trouble,for us to be where we are in the table raises huge questions about the management team,2 league wins at home all season is atrocious and not what was expected......

Calcio Jack
25/08/2023, 9:39 PM
For once we won a game that we didn’t deserve to win ….. great to see Mannus looking back to his best as was Watts…. And Pico was as usual Pico plus a super goal ….. best part of the evening was to see return of Clarke …. First time in weeks we’ve had some real pace in the team…. He looked the business and Dundalk couldn’t handle him ( despite trying to by roughing him up)

PS O’Donnell had Duns organised really well but his ott theatrics and non stop berating of the officials made him look like an immature teenager ( reminded me of the Kevin character from Harry Enfield) he needs to cop on or is he trying to outDuff Duff ? Anyway it’s embarrassing

2 Year Contract
25/08/2023, 9:41 PM
If UCD had gotten an equaliser it wouldn't have been undeserved. We were really bad and created nothing really bar the setpiece we scored from which was the worst defending I've seen from a corner in a long time. I think Daly got his lineup wrong with four central midfielders and one of them repeatedly switching wings with Mulraney (who was probably our best player) which didn't work.

Ir was strange, a lot of the time Leavy would come over to the right wing and both him and Mulraney would be on the same side, along with McLaughlin on the overlap it ended up overcrowded on one wing and with only Carty in the box to attempt to get on the end of the crosses in a box that was packed with UCD defenders. Wasn’t pretty but 3 points is the most important thing at this stage of the season. Aside from the corner that the goal came from, UCD were very well organised and looked dangerous on the counter to be fair to them

thebronze14
25/08/2023, 10:05 PM
Harps abject at home again,Longford got their goal and saw it out with little trouble,for us to be where we are in the table raises huge questions about the management team,2 league wins at home all season is atrocious and not what was expected......
If there was a semblance of a game plan I'd say fair enough. He was all talk saying we were going to be a ball playing team, easy on the eye. We don't do this. We have no threat going forward bar Floods left foot and at the back we are all over the place by and large, although tonight wasn't the worst on that front. A dismal season. I really fear what Pat's will do to us in a few weeks

Shearer
25/08/2023, 10:11 PM
Nice to mark Treaty United's 100th competitive game with a win over Kerry.

Sterling performance by teenager Robbie Lynch, one of five local lads in the eleven with another two coming on off the bench.

SwanVsDalton
25/08/2023, 10:34 PM
Cracking game at Dalymount. A draw probably a fair result but we just can't get one of these over the line right now. And you can't win leagues without these games going your way.

Was super impressed at our response after getting pinned for the opening 15 mins. But Diallo playing top drawer in recent weeks and then doing a braindead thing like that kind of sums it up.

What a save from Talbot from Doherty's effort too. None of these inches going our way right now.

oriel
25/08/2023, 10:45 PM
Dundalk possibly better team 20-45 mins and a host of chances, all missed of course, but can't really have too much complaints overall as we didn't do enough second half, Rovers better when it mattered.

Bizarre selection by SOD having Annsley paired with Brownlie with Boyle on the bench, Leahy too on the bench, and oh Hoban on bench, can't understand that.

Anyway didn't see us finishing top 3 and that's all but confirmed now, all about the cup and the positives tonight should see the team in good stead for Cup QF in Galway.

Horgan should be up to 100% fitness then, a few more big performances and we have a good chance, def think 2 or 3 long patches of play tonight is something Galway won't have seen all year, but they are at home !

Anyway for the PD, I think Rovers will win it, they just know how to grind out results.

SeanDrog
25/08/2023, 10:46 PM
Drogs took a massive step towards staying up tonight.

legendz
26/08/2023, 7:39 AM
A home league win and getting to at least 10 points is the best Kerry can hope for for the remaining of the season. Absolutely incapable of grinding out results.

Kingswood Rover
26/08/2023, 7:45 AM
Wow Rovers were shocking in the first half and when i saw the starting 11 i thought we might struggle. Poor Dylan Watts looked so off the pace last night and Ronan Finn just never got into the game. Kavanagh tbf had his best game in ages despite a couple of getting caught outs" in the first half. Poom made a massive difference when he came on and then as we subbed we got stronger and quicker. Total Rebuild now needed, will Bradser stay to start the construction work ???. Would have been great to have the new stand open for next Friday but those 2 green seats are still sitting there all alone waiting for their mates. Trevor's gonna get ya.

Yossarian
26/08/2023, 8:35 AM
I don’t think we deserved to lose that game last night. We really should have scored in the first half and it would have given us something to hold on to. We really aren’t clinical enough and I think Hoban would have buried that header that Martin missed with in the first half.

It was a strange feeling at the end of the game, disappointed with the result but it was our best performance for a while. I couldn’t believe how open Rovers were when we countered, there were a number of times our attackers just strolled right through the middle.

If we play like that for rest of the season we might just do enough to get a Euro spot but it looks like we’ll have to go all out for the cup for that.