PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Hunt on TV3 last night

pete
23/08/2005, 12:18 PM
Anyone else think his interview was funny the way he replied saying "...you mean the Judas incident..." & then went on the say that no need for vandalism cos fans could "...abuse those players at the match instead"

I thought it was funny anyway.

:D

Schumi
23/08/2005, 12:55 PM
That was quality. He obviously thought the whole thing was hilarious and didn't bother to hide it. :D

The Dynamo
23/08/2005, 12:59 PM
thats exactly the way it should have been treated because all the idiots that done it just want a bit of hassell to be made over it, fair play

anto eile
23/08/2005, 2:16 PM
he could barely conceal his laughter.
theyre all dirty gypos anyway

aido_b
23/08/2005, 2:18 PM

All dirty gypos?

Very mature anto eile you muppet, were not all the same buddy

aido_b
23/08/2005, 2:43 PM
So you are better than other boez ****s?

Aint going to get into a stupid argument pal but lets put it this way im a soccer fan, not a fan of all the **** that goes on around it and no im not saying im better than anyone else in this world just that im a soccer fan!

Quotes like that from anto eile calling me a dirty gypo just isn't on

Macy
23/08/2005, 2:47 PM
Aint going to get into a stupid argument pal but lets put it this way im a soccer fan, not a fan of all the **** that goes on around it and no im not saying im better than anyone else in this world just that im a soccer fan!

It's football ffs.

aido_b
23/08/2005, 2:52 PM
It's football ffs.

sorry?

Vitruvian Man
23/08/2005, 2:54 PM

Damn right - I'm a DG and proud of it.

As for Kevin Hunt's rection it's kind of like myself. You can't condone what happened, and if it happened in Dalymount I'd be bullin but, it's just so funny you can't help laughing about it.

Troy.McClure
23/08/2005, 3:33 PM
The reporter was obviously horrified, I was waiting for him to come out with "but think of the children". Hunt was smirking away alright, that was funny :D

higgins
23/08/2005, 3:53 PM
Yeah its real funny :mad:

People breaking into football grounds the night before games ruining the playing surface slagging off players and smashing windows on their way is a right laugh..

Its just a shame we don't have these funny antics before all home games :confused:

Imagine when the season is ending there may not be room to write any more slogans.... what a bunch of comedians the guys who done it are... :(

RĂ©iteoir
23/08/2005, 3:54 PM

so that would make you filthy, grubby, feculent, foul-smelling, polluted, stinking, tainted, fetid, stale, odourous Hoops then.

:D :D ;)

Next!

Jerry The Saint
23/08/2005, 3:56 PM
Yeah its real funny

People breaking into football grounds the night before games ruining the playing surface slagging off players and smashing windows on their way is a right laugh.

Its just a shame we don't have these funny antics before all home games

Imagine when the season is ending there may not be room to write any more slogans. what a bunch of comedians the guys who done it are.

I'd just like to say that I concur with all the above statements. :D

RĂ©iteoir
23/08/2005, 4:01 PM

Actually - it's farking hilarious boyo :D

People breaking into football grounds the night before games ruining the playing surface

I think that whoever did that may have actually improved the state of what you refer to as a "pitch" - I think of it more as a ploughed field, fit only for a pub side (which recently is quite apt for the Tolka Tavern FC)

slagging off players

Fact of life - footballers get abused in almost EVERY National League that I can think of - it's part and parcel of today's game.
If you don't like it - go down to Donnybrook for the Rugby where you can politely applaud both sides for a "jolly good game chaps"

and smashing windows on their way is a right laugh..
Can't comment on that as I have no information to hand

Its just a shame we don't have these funny antics before all home games :confused:
Jeez - I wonder how you would survive if you supported a Turkish club side.
This kind of thing is now part and parcel of today's game.

If you don't like it - walk away - I'm sure no-one will miss you tbh.

BohsFans
23/08/2005, 4:12 PM
Anyone else think his interview was funny the way he replied saying "...you mean the Judas incident..." & then went on the say that no need for vandalism cos fans could "...abuse those players at the match instead"

I thought it was funny anyway.

:D

He's a f uckin legend isn't he :D

higgins
23/08/2005, 4:13 PM
You think writing slogans on the home teams pitch is part and parcel of the game?

You think ringing players and abusing them over the phone is part and parcel of the game?

You think throwing sausages, coins and a near full can by the looks of it onto the pitch is part and parcel of the game?

Spitting at players is ok too i assume!! as plenty of that went on :(

Bringing a players wife into it is the action of so called hardmen is it??? did you not have flyers stating something about a players wife?

Getting thrown into the back of a riot van after you charge at a group of shels fans is the way to go is it?

Smashing a few windows in the home teams ground the night before a game is part and parcel???

Cant believe you have done all of the above yet there seems to be more of a laugh aboutit just down to the fact its shels? I know you all hate shels an some of you for very good reasons but as a football Eircom League point of view the above nonsense will only turn people away from the game :mad:

For years you gave out to Rovers for not dealing with their troublemakers but when its in your own club its 'funny' or 'a bit of a laugh'.

A lot of the above happened after nearly all bohs fans were searched before entering the ground!! Did you not come up with the old pigs head gag again?? What other weird and wonderful things have you got planned...

I know if it was shels and supporters spat on opposing players during a game id be disgusted.

WHAT A LAUGH...

student
23/08/2005, 4:15 PM
Just to clear something up, i dont think Hunt was laughing at the the fact judas was written on the pitch but rather at the way the reporter was asking the question.

All in all i thought his interview was refreshingly honest, and he came across very well

BohsFans
23/08/2005, 4:16 PM

People breaking into football grounds the night before games ruining the playing surface slagging off players and smashing windows on their way is a right laugh..

Imagine when the season is ending there may not be room to write any more slogans.... what a bunch of comedians the guys who done it are... :(

and I suspose you know who smashed the windows with all your proof??

yeah thought so.

small club with even smaller minds

Troy.McClure
23/08/2005, 4:26 PM
and I suspose you know who smashed the windows with all your proof??

yeah thought so.

small club with even smaller minds

I love the way Bohs fans go into denial when stuff happens involving them :D

To be honest I dont think that it takes Einstein to work out that it was prob the same lads who painted the pitch who broke the windows and they were probably :rolleyes: Bohs fans.

While I dont think that what happened was the worst thing in the world, I dont think that it is a) part and parcel of the game or b) that it should be.

Slash/ED
23/08/2005, 4:32 PM
You think writing slogans on the home teams pitch is part and parcel of the game?

You think ringing players and abusing them over the phone is part and parcel of the game?

You think throwing sausages, coins and a near full can by the looks of it onto the pitch is part and parcel of the game?

Spitting at players is ok too i assume!! as plenty of that went on :(

Bringing a players wife into it is the action of so called hardmen is it??? did you not have flyers stating something about a players wife?

Getting thrown into the back of a riot van after you charge at a group of shels fans is the way to go is it?

Smashing a few windows in the home teams ground the night before a game is part and parcel???

Cant believe you have done all of the above yet there seems to be more of a laugh aboutit just down to the fact its shels? I know you all hate shels an some of you for very good reasons but as a football Eircom League point of view the above nonsense will only turn people away from the game :mad:

For years you gave out to Rovers for not dealing with their troublemakers but when its in your own club its 'funny' or 'a bit of a laugh'.

A lot of the above happened after nearly all bohs fans were searched before entering the ground!! Did you not come up with the old pigs head gag again?? What other weird and wonderful things have you got planned...

I know if it was shels and supporters spat on opposing players during a game id be disgusted.

WHAT A LAUGH...

Just imagine the reaction of Olly or anyone connected to Shels, even a supporter, did any of those things.

BohsFans
23/08/2005, 4:58 PM

Spitting at players is ok too i assume!! as plenty of that went on

1. No cans or coins were thrown - FACT. btw throwing sausages is less dangerous than throwing till rolls, which I saw $hel$ fans throwing!

2. No Shels players were spat at, Bobby Ryan was the only one doing the spitting when someone slagged him while taking a corner, he turned around and spat at them and missed :D

3. The reason J.Byrne's wife was brought into it was his own fault, as you say if he's such a "hard man" celebrating goals in front of Bohs fans, then he should be able to take a slagging over Rachael "brasser" Byrne :D

4. One bohs and one $hel$ fan were thrown into a riot van after the match, which was all the doing of $hel$ fans as they came down our end after the match singin how they hate Bohs, which is just asking for a fight! They started it, I think you should look at the behaviour of your own clubs fans before going on about Bohs higgins!

5. Don't know what your on about windows being smashed in Tolka, certainly wasn't Bohs fans anyway!
Higgins you must have been smoking weed or something because your so paranoid it's unbelievable!

chippie0001
23/08/2005, 5:49 PM
Higgins,

If you are so concerned why not sort your own problems out. Your chairman has assualted Derry Fans, assualted the Rovers manager, the Drogheda photographer, invited Bohs fans for fights. Try burying your head up your ass a bit further when you lecture us.

WeAreRovers
23/08/2005, 5:54 PM
Higgins,

If you are so concerned why not sort your own problems out. Your chairman has assualted Derry Fans, assualted the Rovers manager, the Drogheda photographer, invited Bohs fans for fights. Try burying your head up your ass a bit further when you lecture us.

I have to agree. Higgins you need to ask yourselves WHY all the hatred towards your club. It's sod all to do with your recent successes and all to do with the attitude that pervades at your club. An attitude that comes from the top down.

For instance, Rovers and Shels was never a big rivalry in recent years - we've "bigger" fish to fry on that front - but Ollies lies and nonsense this year have created a whole load of bad feelings towards Shels among our support.

As much as it pains me to stick up for Bohs fans, from where I'm sitting their attitude to Shels last Friday was spot on.

KOH

Troy.McClure
23/08/2005, 5:59 PM
Higgins,

So we all agree then, Bohs and Shels are both scum? :) :mad:

pete
23/08/2005, 6:02 PM

I don't see anyone condoning the actions before the match. All I was saying & others agreed was that the Hunt interview was funny.

If you want an argument at least quote people correctly.

:rolleyes:

ollie
23/08/2005, 6:12 PM
has any1 pictures of the thing on the pitch? :confused: missed EL Weekly last night. :mad:

Cosmo
23/08/2005, 6:38 PM
sorry?

Macy means to ask if you're american :p

TonyD
23/08/2005, 8:44 PM
I don't see anyone condoning the actions before the match. All I was saying & others agreed was that the Hunt interview was funny.

If you want an argument at least quote people correctly.

:rolleyes:

I agree, it was very funny, particularly Hunts helpful tip that you could save your abuse of opposition players for during the match. Isn't that incitement, or something ? :D

As for Higgins points, I don't think anyone in their right mind would condone breaking windows, throwing objects, or spitting. I don't think painting "Judas" on the pitch is the worst crime in the world though.

btid1
23/08/2005, 8:50 PM
My sources tell me the Bohs players had a good old laugh about the graffiti on the pitch in the dressing room after the game.

I think some of them felt as betrayed as the fans when the 3 Judai turned their backs on the club!

Bohs Till I Die!

Colm
23/08/2005, 10:07 PM
I have to agree. Higgins you need to ask yourselves WHY all the hatred towards your club. It's sod all to do with your recent successes and all to do with the attitude that pervades at your club. An attitude that comes from the top down.

For instance, Rovers and Shels was never a big rivalry in recent years - we've "bigger" fish to fry on that front - but Ollies lies and nonsense this year have created a whole load of bad feelings towards Shels among our support.

As much as it pains me to stick up for Bohs fans, from where I'm sitting their attitude to Shels last Friday was spot on.

KOH

My sentiments exactly.

It's a bit rich for Shels fans to be giving out about Bohs fans behaviour when their players, management and Cheif Exec are going around assualting people etc every week.
Fair play to the Bohs fans. I couldn't care less if they did it to any other club but when it's Shels I can't help smiling about it.

Slash/ED
23/08/2005, 11:05 PM
So throwing stuff onto the pitch (And not just sausages, something big enough for the linesman to hold up the game) breaking into the ground and threatening players over the phone is "spot on". It comes as no suprise to see a Rovers fan and someone who refuses to condem a 10 on 1 assault or glass bottles being thrown onto the pitch agreeing with that.

Dr.Nightdub
23/08/2005, 11:30 PM
Slash, when Shels fans start demonstrating at matches for Ollie Byrne to be removed from having anything to do with your club, the rest of us will take your pacifist credentials a bit more seriously.

Slash/ED
23/08/2005, 11:42 PM
Slash, when Shels fans start demonstrating at matches for Ollie Byrne to be removed from having anything to do with your club, the rest of us will take your pacifist credentials a bit more seriously.

That's super, so I'm free to go into Richer throwing rocks around because one Pats fan did it so none of you have a right to have a go at me for it?

Philo
23/08/2005, 11:55 PM
Painting "JUDAS" on the pitch, circulating fliers, displaying offensive banners, abusive chanting and throwing sausages are all hilarious and I don't think Bohs fans have ever enjoyed losing a match as much. Who cares what Shels fans think - they are irrelevant. We hate Shelbourne FC the club; the lego kids just don't get any consideration I'm afraid. Why don't you stick to arguing about where your 40 strong singing section would sound loudest? Like anyone gives a sh!t.

The windows may or may not have been broken by Bohs fans. If it was the same lads as did the artwork, it's a shame they let themselves down by doing something so juvenile as smashing windows - but that's life and what can you do?

Phoning players? Personally I thought it was counter-productive and resulted in Honkins raising his game. He was very upset at being left out of the abuse at Dalyer so last week's events probably gave him a bit of a softy.

Spitting and throwing coins at matches is bang out of order no matter what the circumstances.

jagman
24/08/2005, 12:39 AM
the reason you shels fans are so sore about the whole thing is because you are just humiliated by the judas slogan,i mean theres no other explaination,its hardly the worst crime ever is it?

Slash/ED
24/08/2005, 12:48 AM
the reason you shels fans are so sore about the whole thing is because you are just humiliated by the judas slogan,i mean theres no other explaination,its hardly the worst crime ever is it?

Yeah it was humiliating watching Crowe slam home the winner standing on it to sicekn the Bohs fans. I've never been so embarassed.

It's not the Judas thing I'm worried about, it's threatening phone calls, throwing things on the pitch and the fact they broke into the ground and supposedly broke windows too.

jagman
24/08/2005, 12:54 AM
i was almost embarrassed for you too struggling to beat bohs under 12 team basically :rolleyes:

btid1
24/08/2005, 7:16 PM
Yeah it was humiliating watching Crowe slam home the winner standing on it to sicekn the Bohs fans. I've never been so embarassed.

And his refusal to celebrate this goal tells you everyting you need to know about how he feels about Shelbourne F.C. and their fans.

He still has such respect for Bohs fans that when he was be substituted he even clapped the Riverside section of the ground.It was an inciteful or malicious attmept to wind up the Bohs fans but as the man said after the game he had some "great times at Bohs" and felt he "owed the fans a lot".

Lets be honest Crowe is only at Shels for his future financial security and his heart is still down Dalymount way!How could he ever feel at home at Shels.A club that is run for thugs by thugs!!

Bohs Till I Die!

patsh
25/08/2005, 7:32 AM
And his refusal to celebrate this goal tells you everyting you need to know about how he feels about Shelbourne F.C. and their fans.
Maybe he just had some cop on, and didn't want to give the big pubbers another excuse to have a pitch invasion and act the maggot again?

Jerry The Saint
25/08/2005, 9:02 AM
Just imagine the reaction if Olly or anyone connected to Shels, even a supporter, did any of those things.

The fact that you can even raise the hypothetical situation of your club's Secretary and chief administrator/owner breaking in to vandalise an opposition ground, and nobody dismisses it as a ridiculous suggestion, shows how much work needs to be done to sort out the thug problem at Shels before you can start taking the high moral ground.

Slash/ED
25/08/2005, 12:43 PM
The fact that you can even raise the hypothetical situation of your club's Secretary and chief administrator/owner breaking in to vandalise an opposition ground, and nobody dismisses it as a ridiculous suggestion, shows how much work needs to be done to sort out the thug problem at Shels before you can start taking the high moral ground.

The fact it is hypotetical and the Bohs incident isn't shows how much work needs to be done sorting out Bohs scum element.

He still has such respect for Bohs fans that when he was be substituted he even clapped the Riverside section of the ground.It was an inciteful or malicious attmept to wind up the Bohs fans but as the man said after the game he had some "great times at Bohs" and felt he "owed the fans a lot".

Lets be honest Crowe is only at Shels for his future financial security and his heart is still down Dalymount way!How could he ever feel at home at Shels.A club that is run for thugs by thugs!!

Bohs Till I Die!

Jason Byrne did the same v Bray, I'm sure he's secretley pining for the carlisle grounds every waking moment of his life

Keep clutching at those straws.

anto eile
25/08/2005, 2:46 PM

Quotes like that from anto eile calling me a dirty gypo just isn't on
ah here dont get upset.i hate boez.its football rivalry, if youre not interested in bitter rivalries then its your loss

when Shels fans start demonstrating at matches for Ollie Byrne to be removed from having anything to do with your club,
cant see that happening in a million years

Painting "JUDAS" on the pitch, circulating fliers, displaying offensive banners, abusive chanting and throwing sausages are all hilarious
Who cares what Shels fans think - they are irrelevant. We hate Shelbourne FC the club; the lego kids just don't get any consideration I'm afraid. Why don't you stick to arguing about where your 40 strong singing section would sound loudest? Like anyone gives a sh!t.
id agree with that sentiment-good fanatical type of thing