PDA

View Full Version : Rose Of Tralee

joeSoap
23/08/2005, 11:07 AM
Apparently this now is a source of massive income for bookies. Already over €2million staked on the potential winner.
Apparently a big gamble has taken place on the Mayo rose.

Dublin12
23/08/2005, 11:11 AM
There's a touch of the lovely girls competition on Fr.Ted about it,that was funny this is pure rank.

jorge
23/08/2005, 11:27 AM
There all wrecked anyway.

Thunderblaster
23/08/2005, 11:37 AM
Waiting for the classic New York Rose one liner. "I'm from Brooklyn and My mother came from County Killarney and my father came from County Blarney and I do Irish dancing and play Camogie and Ireland is a wonderful country. My boyfriend is Zach and he is in the audience and he is a cute guy and I love playing with his flute, in which I will perform for you." :eek: :D

Partizan
23/08/2005, 11:38 AM
Disagree there Jorge, although there are some rough looking ones.

the 12 th man
23/08/2005, 11:45 AM
"I would love to see World peace" :rolleyes:

pete
23/08/2005, 12:12 PM
Do lots of them still say that its been their first time to Ireland?

fosterdollar
23/08/2005, 12:18 PM
Do lots of them still say that its been their first time to Ireland?
Yeah, a competition banning foreigners and only allowing female farmers wearing wellies on stage would be much better. Actually no, bring back Calor Housewife of the Year...

I still can't pretend i'm surprised at the way people are knocking this festival despite it obvious contribution to the southwestern economy in particular. I'm sure a lot of your mammys get great enjoyment from it as well.

pete
23/08/2005, 12:25 PM
Yeah, a competition banning foreigners and only allowing female farmers wearing wellies on stage would be much better. Actually no, bring back Calor Housewife of the Year...

I just meant always found it strange when people proclaim their irishness but never visited. It was acceptable when foreign travel was expensive & emigrants were poor but hardly valid now.

Peadar
23/08/2005, 12:30 PM
I'm sure a lot of your mammys get great enjoyment from it as well.

Given a choice, I'd watch it before Eurovision!
What the Rose of Tralee needs is a transexual just to spice things up. :D

I just meant always found it strange when people proclaim their irishness but never visited. It was acceptable when foreign travel was expensive & emigrants were poor but hardly valid now.

Ryanair don't fly to America. :D

Thunderblaster
23/08/2005, 12:32 PM
I think this year's rose will have straight hair and curly teeth. :D

the 12 th man
23/08/2005, 12:35 PM
I think this year's rose will have straight hair and curly teeth. :D

and be a red-head,no hair, just a red head..................... :o

joeSoap
23/08/2005, 12:37 PM
Is Ray D'Arcy taller than any of them??

Troy.McClure
23/08/2005, 3:42 PM
What the Rose of Tralee needs is a transexual just to spice things up. :D

Shirley Temple Bar to be the next host :D That would be class :p

I actually know the Mayo rose (the bookies fav) and shes sound (and hot, her pic on the site doesnt do her justice). Hope she wins :)

sylvo
23/08/2005, 7:04 PM
"I would love to see World peace" :rolleyes:

Do they still talk about how many times a day they go to mass, I know Gay Byrne used to b@llocks on too them about that subject and they all used too carry on as if they were members of the Sisters of Mercy (not the band now) ;)
I would have loved it if one of the American ones would have said to him that they were a member of that spaceman religon Tom Cruise is in, or if heaven forbid the Ulster Rose said to him that she was a

PROTESTANT. :eek: :eek:

CollegeTillIDie
23/08/2005, 8:00 PM
Disagree there Jorge, although there are some rough looking ones.
They are of Irish ancestry matey. Bound to be a few bowlers.... they are not Serbian women you know :D

Troy.McClure
24/08/2005, 2:21 PM
I actually know the Mayo rose (the bookies fav) and shes sound (and hot, her pic on the site doesnt do her justice). Hope she wins :)

Boo-ya Aoibhinn :) Im delighted for her.

Did anyone see the Brritish Midlands one? :eek: Agh! (http://www.roseoftralee.ie/catalog/images/Midlands-Rose.jpg) :eek: You could see where she got it from when they showed the mother. I never thought Id say it, but she looked like an uglier version of Mary Hearney! :o

joeSoap
24/08/2005, 3:02 PM
Apparently this now is a source of massive income for bookies. Already over €2million staked on the potential winner.
Apparently a big gamble has taken place on the Mayo rose.

Well, she won it, so I hope the bookies got cleaned out...

pete
24/08/2005, 3:51 PM
How do bookies come up with favourites for the Rose of Tralee. How can they judge their form etc...?

:confused:

Troy.McClure
24/08/2005, 3:53 PM
Has to be insider knowledge, they are nearly always right arent they (with the RoT)?