PDA

View Full Version : Fenlon V Scully

A face
23/08/2005, 7:51 AM
Noticed on eL Weekly last night that Fenlon didn't mince his words when speaking about Scully. The walls seem to be closing in on the poor fella. Shame that really.

patsh
23/08/2005, 7:51 AM
What was said?

Tenderloins
23/08/2005, 9:37 AM
Wasn't Fenlon in the Shels team when Scully had the big bust up over his wifes phone number or whatevere it was? Anyone remember the story from the time?

Wiseguy
23/08/2005, 9:44 AM
It was a kinda people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones remark from Fenelon towards Scully.I really think Fenlon has lost the plot a bit when he's lowering himself to reacting to remarks made by certain pundits.The only place Shels can gain back any respect is on the pitch and they need to start now because a very poor season could quickly turn into a complete disaster as it appears that 3rd spot in the league is up for grabs between 4 teams.

wws
23/08/2005, 9:45 AM
there seems to be previous alright - scully was the centre of a big dressing room split at the scum club a few years back - obviously fenlon was in "t'other" camp

pete
23/08/2005, 10:43 AM
Fenlon continues to lose it. Pundits are there to make comments, fans may disagree but Managers should now reract to them.

Scully criticised Fenlons reaction to the "offside" goal at hoem to drogs when just about every other sane person in the country was saying the same thing. Fenlon has been in Shels so long that he thinks abusing match officials & charging onto the pitch during a game are acceptable.

:rolleyes:

Dodge
23/08/2005, 10:47 AM
In fairness Scully and Osam are starting to grow into the roles. They're not quite at Rico's level yet but its good to see them express opinions rather than the drivel the English pundits let flow

coislaoi
23/08/2005, 10:51 AM
What was said?
He said (I'm paraphrasing him) that some people on the show (Scully) should take a long look at themselves before criticising Sh€l$. Scully's response was that he understood the reaction as the pressure was getting to him.

The Stars
23/08/2005, 10:53 AM
oh mad Pat....Scully that is.Fast becoming a T.V. legend.

jorge
23/08/2005, 11:15 AM
Pat Fenlon answerd a few questions saying he was only concetrating on Shels then he comes up with this tripe.Fair play to Scully though.You woul'nt get this entretainment on Dream Team. :D

Fenlon goes on about proffessionalism? :confused: He really is having a laugh.

student
23/08/2005, 11:15 AM
This could get nasty i reckon......Both are absolute headcases and are capable of doing anything

KK77
23/08/2005, 11:57 AM
Fenlon continues to lose it. Pundits are there to make comments, fans may disagree but Managers should now reract to them.

Scully criticised Fenlons reaction to the "offside" goal at hoem to drogs when just about every other sane person in the country was saying the same thing. Fenlon has been in Shels so long that he thinks abusing match officials & charging onto the pitch during a game are acceptable.

100% correct all my thoughts are what you have stated

Schumi
23/08/2005, 12:45 PM
Just a pity they weren't talking to him after last night. There could have been some amusing fireworks.

Dodge
23/08/2005, 12:48 PM
Just a pity they weren't talking to him after last night. There could have been some amusing fireworks.
Maybe they did but it was a little too X rated this time....

dcfcsteve
23/08/2005, 5:11 PM
Why is it that people in holes never seem able to stop digging ?

Two words for Fenlon : 'Dignified silence'.

Shels results and performances this year have been way below everyones expectations. The off-the-pitch antics of a number of their club officials has also left a lot to be desired. But rather than answer the sensible criticism of these in the only way he should - on the pitch - Fenlon instead lashes out at anyone who dares point out the mediocrity of their results and behaviour this season.

Put the shovel down Nuttsy, and tackle the source of the problem - not the people who bring it to your attention....

pete
23/08/2005, 6:05 PM
Why is it that people in holes never seem able to stop digging ?

Two words for Fenlon : 'Dignified silence'.

Shels results and performances this year have been way below everyones expectations. The off-the-pitch antics of a number of their club officials has also left a lot to be desired. But rather than answer the sensible criticism of these in the only way he should - on the pitch - Fenlon instead lashes out at anyone who dares point out the mediocrity of their results and behaviour this season.

Put the shovel down Nuttsy, and tackle the source of the problem - not the people who bring it to your attention....

Excellent Post.

Shels only rant is that they victimised for being "too professional"

Sheridan
23/08/2005, 7:02 PM
Think people are beginning to see Reds under the bed, tbh. There isn't a manager in the league who doesn't react like a petulant teenager whenever someone questions his team's (invariably primitive) tactics, or personnel, or discipline. Well, possibly McDonnell (my ears don't function at that frequency, so I can't offer an opinion.)

TonyD
23/08/2005, 8:30 PM
This was priceless stuff alright. For someone who "wasn't worried about" a lot of things he had an awful lot to say about them. It reminded me of those actors/singers who say "I never read reviews" when you know they're lying through their back teeth. Is anyone else sick of hearing about how Shels are "trying to do things properly" and getting slated for it because everyone else is so jealous? What a load of horse manure. Poor Fenlon sounds like he's cracking under the strain. Still he did get one thing right, the rest of us are finding it immensely enjoyable watching the Filth struggle. Last night v UCD was just the icing on the cake. Long may it continue.