No FAI Cup
No League Cup
No Europe
No Setanta

No Clue

JEALOUS? I think not!

Poor Student
22/08/2005, 10:42 PM
Is it that funny? :confused: We're hardly minnows. We can give any Premier team a game.

Réiteoir
22/08/2005, 10:42 PM
Originally Posted by thejollyrodger

UCD ??? go back to ur books, shouldnt even be in the league

Yeah, they are.

I hear this week they have special classes on:

"The History of the League Cup Final and it's effect on Setanta Cup Football"

So far they have 11 Students signed up to study it - with another 5 waiting on standby

Dodge
22/08/2005, 10:47 PM
Is it that funny? :confused: We're hardly minnows. We can give any Premier team a game.
Its not about UCD its about Shels, in my case all the reports I heard on the radio from nutsy sayin how much they'd love to win it (after dismissing it earlier this season) it pretty much guarentees that the most expensive club squad everassembled in Ireland will finish the season trphyless (and we're only at the half way mark...)

Poor Student
22/08/2005, 10:57 PM
Its not about UCD its about Shels, in my case all the reports I heard on the radio from nutsy sayin how much they'd love to win it (after dismissing it earlier this season) it pretty much guarentees that the most expensive club squad everassembled in Ireland will finish the season trphyless (and we're only at the half way mark...)

In that case, you're right. It is funny. :D

Slash/ED
22/08/2005, 11:15 PM
What's funny is the obsession with us. No matter how bad we get, it's great to see our results get so much coverage. How many threads were there about Bohs exit?

JEALOUS? I think not!

The presence of this thread suggests otherwise.

Dodge
22/08/2005, 11:19 PM
If Bohs were champions (and their fans were talking about elevating Irish football), I'm sure there'd be a thread about it.

chippie0001
22/08/2005, 11:25 PM

100% agree. I can see Ollie now wanting the winner not to get the Setanta spot and instead 3rd place in the league. Still its an invitational tournament so they can invite who they like and the league cup winners deserve a spot.

Slash/ED
22/08/2005, 11:27 PM
Personally I'd give it to the league, and I know what you're thinking, but I've always said that. But, since they have already said it's going to the league cup winners they can't change that now.

But if Derry win, and assuming they finish in the top two, do UCD get their place or does third in the league?

chippie0001
22/08/2005, 11:30 PM
Personally I'd give it to the league, and I know what you're thinking, but I've always said that. But, since they have already said it's going to the league cup winners they can't change that now.

But if Derry win, and assuming they finish in the top two, do UCD get their place or does third in the league?

I was just thinking that myself and I agree I would have given it to third in the league too. Normally and I stress normally the runners up in the cup get the prize if the other team has already qualified, for example Europe being the normal one. On that basis you would assume that the runners up would get the Setanta spot but I can see some rows ahead over this unless Longford win, then its a mute point. Unless Longford win both cups, then it is a mess :eek:

Réiteoir
22/08/2005, 11:32 PM
It normally reverts to the Cup runners up - but hey this is the FAI we're talking about - for all we know - they might just hand it to Rovers* :D

* - Sligo that is - not Shams

Dodge
22/08/2005, 11:34 PM
Well if you use England's league cup as a european qualifier ONLY the winner can claim the UEFA spot, if the winner qualifies for a Champions League spot the extra UEFA spot goes to league positions. I'd hope it would go this way

Dr.Nightdub
22/08/2005, 11:35 PM
Nah, morally, they'd have to give it to either the runners-up in the Cup or the runners-up in the League Cup.

I hereby solemnly promise never ever ever EVER again to say "UCD contribute nothing to the League." Cutting the final brake-cable on this rapidly-accelerating trainwreck of a season for Shels is one hell of a contribution! :D

chippie0001
22/08/2005, 11:36 PM
Well if you use England's league cup as a european qualifier ONLY the winner can claim the UEFA spot, if the winner qualifies for a Champions League spot the extra UEFA spot goes to league positions. I'd hope it would go this way
You want Shels to get the spot, you sure you are a Pats fan :eek:

Dr.Nightdub
22/08/2005, 11:38 PM
Shelsdodge. :p

Dodge
22/08/2005, 11:41 PM
You want Shels to get the spot, you sure you are a Pats fan :eek:
Who said Shels will finish third?!? At this rate it'll be Longford :p

Réiteoir
22/08/2005, 11:43 PM
as a kinda tribute to the Norwegian fella who went nuts after they had beaten England in Oslo in 1981 - I'd like to take a page from the Gospel According to Declan Drake - Chapter Hadjuk, Verses 89-94:

And the Mighty Shelbourne FC, are just a couple of minutes away from being dumped, and I mean dumped, out of the eircom League Cup here in Dublin.

The referee checks the watch, IT'S OVER! IT'S OVER! And UCD have done it!

:****)

Dodge
22/08/2005, 11:46 PM
Mighty...

Slash/ED
22/08/2005, 11:57 PM
as a kinda tribute to the Norwegian fella who went nuts after they had beaten England in Oslo in 1981 - I'd like to take a page from the Gospel According to Declan Drake - Chapter Hadjuk, Verses 89-94:

:****)

Knowing the commentary off by heart to paraphrase it?

Not even I could do that.

Sheridan
23/08/2005, 8:29 AM
Jaysus, that cassidy knob blocked access to the Shels forum. :D
Meltdown at FC Hollywood.

Slash/ED
23/08/2005, 8:42 AM
Jesus do you idiots really believe someone has blocked access to the forum because we got knocked out of the league cup? :D

Macy
23/08/2005, 8:53 AM
Jesus do you idiots really believe someone has blocked access to the forum because we got knocked out of the league cup? :D
Hmmmmm...... yeah :eek: :D

Sheridan
23/08/2005, 8:56 AM
Dont' be silly - it's because you got knocked out of the Setanta Cup, FAI Cup, Champions League, championship race and then the League Cup. :D

Nah, Gareth wouldn't do such a thing, it's not in his nature. As for certain other parties...hmmm.

Réiteoir
23/08/2005, 9:04 AM
Knowing the commentary off by heart to paraphrase it?

Not even I could do that.

I have it on mp3 - along with a lot of other eL commentary (including footage of all 5 goals from the tie when we played Rosenborg in the CL - with Norwegian commentary)

Just a case of going back over it tbh.

(Now I CAN actually quote the original Bjorge Lillelein commentary from 1981 without need for reference)

Slash/ED
23/08/2005, 9:05 AM
Yup, I do. It was possible to access it last night. I actually noticed it up and one or two posts slagging Shels off and then later the site was down. What a coincidence.

Yeah we could no longer take the incredible, cutting verbal abuse and supreme wit from yourself Bohsfan(s) so the entire website got closed down. Nothing to do with the problems it's had from day one since it was moved and they tried to add some picture gallery thing, it was all you.

EnDai
23/08/2005, 9:05 AM
There's been problems with it over the last few days, randomly being down for a bit it seems. Read the news explanation, it explains all.

After all, you'll all still have a go when its back up anyways, perhaps more so, so taking it down on purpose would have been thick! :)

Réiteoir
23/08/2005, 9:06 AM
Yup, I do. It was possible to access it last night. I actually noticed it up and one or two posts slagging Shels off and then later the site was down. What a coincidence.

Don't forget the time a couple of weeks back when he conveniently "forgot" to put the result of the loss to Cork on the site.

Favouring instead, to crow about the Under-18's winning a game against shamrock Rovers :D

Dodge
23/08/2005, 9:08 AM
Those who Fintan hasn't banned obviously...

Think its a bit amateurish of Shels official site to have a remotely hosted free MB tbh...

Slash/ED
23/08/2005, 9:09 AM
Don't forget the time a couple of weeks back when he conveniently "forgot" to put the result of the loss to Cork on the site.

Favouring instead, to crow about the Under-18's winning a game against shamrock Rovers :D

The news report went up a day late, the result was up instantly

Though that you pay such close attention to our website and when the reports go up says alot. No doubt a thread was opened on gypsieweb about the whole thing.

Sheridan
23/08/2005, 9:18 AM
On a lighter note. Shels fans, tell us, do you think its time for Nutsy to take "a long hard look at himself"?
I wouldn't advise it, the poor bloke must be upset enough as it is. :eek:

Sheridan
23/08/2005, 9:27 AM
Seriously though, I get the impression that some of Fenlon's remarkably sanguine (until a few weeks ago) recent public pronouncements have been for internal (i.e. Ollie's consumption.) It's not necessarily the prospect of a barren season, so much as the direct line of culpability which can be traced right back to Fenlon's tactics and selection policy, which might occasion him such anxiety.

I can see him walking the plank of his own volition before the year's out.

Réiteoir
23/08/2005, 9:33 AM
The news report went up a day late, the result was up instantly

Though that you pay such close attention to our website and when the reports go up says alot. No doubt a thread was opened on gypsieweb about the whole thing.

Yeah - we had 237 threads opened on the subject (which co-incidentally is the average number of fans you take "away" for Dublin Derby games)

But of course - you surely must know that - seeing as you visit the forum on a regular basis.

Lads - I've got 20 tins of white emulsion I don't need anymore - anyone looking to whitewash a fence, a wall, or a season at all?

Slash/ED
23/08/2005, 9:36 AM
Yeah - we had 237 threads opened on the subject (which co-incidentally is the average number of fans you take "away" for Dublin Derby games)

But of course - you surely must know that - seeing as you visit the forum on a regular basis.

Lads - I've got 20 tins of white emulsion I don't need anymore - anyone looking to whitewash a fence, a wall, or a season at all?

Well there must have been some thread opened given you know about the controversial incident of the slightly late match report. Frankly I'd be suprised and mildly disappointed if there wasn't.

And I do visit the forum on a regular basis, easily the funniest website on the internet and with it around the downtime on the Shels forum is simply not noticeable at all. It is pure gold.

wws
23/08/2005, 9:41 AM
Chat Problems

Our chat server is down.

Recently I moved the Chatboard and Gallery to a new server. Since then I have experienced problem after problem with the hosting company. To this end I will be moving to a new company once Chat is back online.

For any techies out there, the problem this time is due to the main harddrive dying resulting in service outage. I hope that our new home for the Chat will be more reliable.

I'll keep you up to date with events as they happen.

translation:

We're out of EVERYTHING. Ollie's biscuit tin has a hole in it. Everyone hates us. Some people have to look at themselves in the mirror. Its all their fault. Eamon is Buster Bloodvessel. S.O.S. Save our Shelbourne!.....in other news we won some póxy u21 game - FULL REPORT now online!

great days.

Éanna
23/08/2005, 9:49 AM
Nah, morally, they'd have to give it to either the runners-up in the Cup or the runners-up in the League Cup.

I hereby solemnly promise never ever ever EVER again to say "UCD contribute nothing to the League." Cutting the final brake-cable on this rapidly-accelerating trainwreck of a season for Shels is one hell of a contribution! :D
:D :D :D

Réiteoir
23/08/2005, 11:48 AM
Just seen this advert in the newspaper:

FOR SALE

50 gallons of silver polish
Not needed anymore - all in sealed bottles

Schumi
23/08/2005, 12:37 PM
:D I don't believe you though!

Peadar
23/08/2005, 12:39 PM
He could sell them to the chokers.

Would be better served if he sold them to you so that you can clean the muck off the Cup before you hand it back.

pineapple stu
23/08/2005, 12:41 PM
I will hold you to that after our next dull 0-0 draw in Belfield! :)

Dodge
23/08/2005, 12:44 PM
I will hold you to that after our next dull 0-0 draw in Belfield! :)
We're nearly at the stage where 0-0 is a good result for us over there...