PDA

View Full Version : Ollie is gone! NOOOOOOOOOOO

Pablo
11/04/2002, 9:41 AM
Ollie Cahill is poised to sign for Shelbourne this week according to a report in The Star this morning.
The Cork City winger has been linked with a move to Tolka Park for several weeks and, after Cork's disappointing season, he may feel that the time is right to leave Turner's Cross.

Cahill signed for the Leesiders in 1996 from English side Northampton Town and he is considered by many to be the best left-winger in the eircom League.

Who will manage at Tolka Park is another matter. After Dermot Keely's resignation, a possible return of Roddy Collins to the National League has not been ruled out.

The former Bohemians boss was sacked as Carlisle United manager at the weekend when he made comments that upset the English club's board. It seems Collins has not learned from his experiences at Dalymount Park.

However, if John Courtenay takes over at Carlisle, Collins will return. But current owner Micheal Knighton was expressed doubt that the Irish businessman can realise his aim.

Knighton's solicitor said: "Mr Courtenay has still to confirm that his funds are available to complete the deal."

If Collins should take over at Shels, he could well be joined by Trevor Molloy and possibly Brian Shelley, both of whom will leave Bohs this summer.

EL.net

Pablo
11/04/2002, 9:43 AM
Shelbourne are all set to complete the signing of Cork City winger Ollie Cahill on Friday.
Mike Scully confirmed in The Mirror yesterday that the Clonmel man had already passed a medical and he will become one of a growing band of full-time players at Tolka Park.

Cork had been hoping that Cahill would stay. The winger admitted in February, however, that he was considering leaving. "The next contract I sign will be the most important and I want to see what my options are before I make up my mind," he said.

Cahill signed for the Leesiders in 1996 from English side Northampton Town and he is considered by many to be the best left-winger in the eircom League.

This will be a huge blow to City, and in particular the club's new owner, Brian Lennox. The Munster club is not entitled to a fee as Cahill's contract has expired.

Pablo
11/04/2002, 10:04 AM
Looking into it though, its still all paper talk.......so fingers crossed.

Troy.McClure
11/04/2002, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Pablo
Looking into it though, its still all paper talk.......so fingers crossed.

I dont know Pablo, if The Star says that, then it must true!:rolleyes:

Pablo
11/04/2002, 11:52 AM
i'll keep hoping, but theres no smoke without fire.......shame

Éanna
11/04/2002, 12:46 PM
I can understand him leaving, but I can't understand him going to a managerless club

ccfcman
11/04/2002, 2:15 PM
fingers, toes, arms, legs everything crossed

mouldymurphy
12/04/2002, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Éanna
but I can't understand him going to a managerless club
id prefer to be playing without a manager than the other gimp

Éanna
12/04/2002, 1:58 PM
Originally posted by mouldymurphy

id prefer to be playing without a manager than the other gimp
LOL! Agreed. BTW, Ollie Byrne confirmed to eircomleague.net that Ollie will be signing for shels and has already done his medical.

Colm
12/04/2002, 5:13 PM
This could be a devastating blow to city. Obviously I would love Ollie to stay with city but had he gone to Hibs or Kilmarnock I would have shook his hand and wished him all the best. However, if he goes to $hel$ I dont think I will ever be able to forgive him. Still lets hope he has a last minute change of heart and stays in Cork.

ccfcman
13/04/2002, 9:04 AM
Originally posted by Éanna

LOL! Agreed. BTW, Ollie Byrne confirmed to eircomleague.net that Ollie will be signing for shels and has already done his medical. aw sh!t

Éanna
13/04/2002, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by COLM
However, if he goes to $hel$ I dont think I will ever be able to forgive him. Still lets hope he has a last minute change of heart and stays in Cork.

If we had a manager who wasn't a complete t!t, I'd feel the same. But as long as Murphy is there, I can't blame anyone for leaving, no matter where they go.

Colm
13/04/2002, 3:05 PM
Im just as anti-Murphy as you or anyone else but you can't honestly believe that Ollie is leaving because of Murphy. He is leaving purely for the hard cash that $hel$ are willing to give him. If he goes (and it looks like he will) I think he will have shown his true colours and the fact that he has no loyalty to city. On the other hand if he stays he will have shown that he is hugely loyal to city.

ollie
14/04/2002, 3:52 PM
you cant make murphy the scapegoat for everything

Dricky
15/04/2002, 10:31 AM
This sounds familliar.

Best of luck Ollie, he may even get an apperence on Dream team Hollywood next!! our very own Vinny Jones in the making. wonder what his first flick will be.

Éanna
16/04/2002, 2:10 PM
Originally posted by COLM
Im just as anti-Murphy as you or anyone else but you can't honestly believe that Ollie is leaving because of Murphy.
Actually, no, I'm sure shels can offer him a bit more money than us, but I think if we had a better manager he might have stayed.