PDA

View Full Version : Shels vs UCD

Gareth
22/08/2005, 6:52 PM
Just if anyone is stuck in work and bored. I am in Tolka Park as we speak and will be running live text updates on the link below. Might kill a few minutes in work...

http://www.shelbournefc.ie/matchzone/matchzone.php?matchid=219

Is this the first post on foot from a ground??

BohDiddley
22/08/2005, 7:13 PM
Thanks. I see Reynolds is involved in a 'clash' in 1'. Any chance you could text the ref his record?

Dyl10
22/08/2005, 7:15 PM
Is this the first post on foot from a ground??

No i think there was a waterford fella who used to do it for there games

Gareth
22/08/2005, 7:17 PM
Awh well its still odd trying to watch a game.The clash was purely accidental :)

Dyl10
22/08/2005, 7:18 PM
Are you on a laptop or whats the story?

Dyl10
22/08/2005, 7:24 PM
**** sorry i just noticed williams is playing! whats the deal there?

Gareth
All interwebbed up on my laptop as I will be for all Shels games. It is tough to read a game fully whilst typing though....

Gareth
Gives him a try out seeing as Delaney seems to be first choice these days.

Dyl10
22/08/2005, 7:27 PM
Is there any realistic chance of him getting his place or is he finished with shells?

Gareth
22/08/2005, 7:29 PM
Personally I feel that if he bides his time he could get back in. An injury or slip in form and hes back. Its tough being a keeper aint it. He has had a good spell here and I think he is good enough to break back in. Last time he was dropped he came back very strong.

Dyl10
22/08/2005, 7:35 PM
I think his only problem is he dosnt help out his back 4 enough but he honestly has the positioning of a premiership keeper!

Poor Student
22/08/2005, 8:46 PM
Hawkins scored at the end. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Poor Student
22/08/2005, 8:51 PM
We equalised in the last minute. I don't believe it. For once I am delighted at aertel's delay. I'd have sworn it was over. 1-1. I assume it's going to extra time now unless aertel has another hidden treat for me.

Poor Student
22/08/2005, 8:53 PM
We're winning!!! It says Martin scored in the 92nd minute. Extra time I assume. :eek:

Longfordian
22/08/2005, 8:54 PM
Result according to Aertel..fookin hell well done UCD

Poor Student
22/08/2005, 8:55 PM
No, it's a result according to aertel. We won. :eek: 4 refreshes each giving me something new. Most exciting 5 minutes of aertel I've ever had. :D

Someone will duly come to the forum to tell me we in fact lost and Martin scored an og knowing aertel. :rolleyes:

green-blood
22/08/2005, 8:56 PM
well everyone beats bohs, so its nice to see Shels rediculously bad form continue... Fenlon was giving it socks about the league cup being silverware and Shels are a silverware club.......hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Poor Student
22/08/2005, 8:58 PM
The problem is that the final is on a Monday and it'll probably be in Derry or Longford. Hard to know who I'd want to face. Derry are doing better but Longford are invincible in the cup.

dcfcsteve
22/08/2005, 9:03 PM
Are UCD really through ? Holy feck - what happened to Shels !

I'd rather have had Shels if Derry get through - UCD are a tough nut to crack, especially when they've got something to play for.... :(

Poor Student
22/08/2005, 9:06 PM
Are UCD really through ? Holy feck - what happened to Shels !

I'd rather have had Shels if Derry get through - UCD are a tough nut to crack, especially when they've got something to play for.... :(

It probably guarantees it'll be at the Bradywell if you get through, whereas had they got through you know it would have been Tolka. No way it'll be in Dublin to accomodate our small support.

patsh
23/08/2005, 6:45 AM
Congratulations to UCD, I hope you go on to win it now.

BohDiddley
23/08/2005, 11:28 AM
Nice one UCD!
:D :D :D

95' Full-time
All over here in Tolka Park as UCD come back from a goal down to defeat Shels and get a place in the final of the League Cup 2005. Disasterous turnaround for Shels.

We hope you enjoyed the service as we leave you here in Tolka Park.
94' Corner to Shels
94' Glen Fitzpatricks last ditch lob fails to go near the target and it looks bleak for Shels....
93'
GOAL!!!

UCD score again!! Robert Martin free in on goal with only Williams to beat. Rounds him and runs it into an empty net.
92' FREE HEADER in the box and Shels get out of jail there as the header is directed wide..
91' Hawkins gets booked and UCD have a free in a dangerous position.
90' Four minutes added on.

dcfcsteve
23/08/2005, 11:53 AM
It probably guarantees it'll be at the Bradywell if you get through, whereas had they got through you know it would have been Tolka. No way it'll be in Dublin to accomodate our small support.

Home advantage would obviously be good for City, but it would also mean a much bigger crowd overall and a better gate return for UCD.

But you feckers are hard to beat - so even if we did get through tonight (and we're by no means through that game yet !) I think we would be in for a tough game. All the pressure and expectation would be on us, not yee's...

Don't forget - our last League Cup Final saw us lose it to a very poor Limerick side at home !

Anyways - let's see who wins tonight first of all....

Schumi
23/08/2005, 12:41 PM
Hawkins scored at the end. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Reading this post today was very funny for some reason.

Poor Student
23/08/2005, 12:44 PM
Reading this post today was very funny for some reason.

I can imagine. I assumed we had lost as it came up on aertel probably after the game was over. I thought it was delayed enough already. God bless aertel.

pineapple stu
23/08/2005, 12:46 PM
I like Steve's post best!

Are UCD really through?

Disbelief matched only by us at the game! :p