PDA

View Full Version : GUFC Golf Classic

Patrick Dunne
22/08/2005, 3:21 PM
Galway United are running an inter-firm golf classic in Athenry Golf Club on Thursday/Friday 29th/30th September 2005. The entry fee for a team of three is E350.

While playing golf may not be the forte of many of our supporters, most of us have employers or have parents/relations/friends who run a business. Perhaps they would enter a team ?

The overall target is 73 teams, which should net GUFC approx. E20,000.
If you can get a team to enter, or know of any contacts who might be interested, please pm me or ring/e-mail Ronan at (087)6972823/ronancoleman@eircom.net.

Alternatively, you can ring the Galway United office at (091) 580990 for further details.

Fore !

GalwayFrancis
23/08/2005, 1:10 PM
which should net GUFC approx. E20,000.

Patrick, any clue on how much was made for United from the
Famous Fives? And will it be an annual thing?

Terry
23/08/2005, 1:21 PM
Patrick, any clue on how much was made for United from the
Famous Fives? And will it be an annual thing?

The profits were estimated to be around E20,000 according to a local newspaper ( which one I cant remember).

And, yes I do believe they will do the same again next year but no immediate plans yet.

Patrick Dunne
23/08/2005, 3:18 PM
was just under E16,000, with some pre-match ticket sales hopefully boosting it over the E16,000 mark.

It costs approx. E10K a week to run the club, so you can see that large monthly fundraisers are needed along with gate receipts, ground advertising, lotto, sponsorship etc, just to keep the show on the road.

And Terry its we, not they ! :p

Conor H
23/08/2005, 3:45 PM
Is some money been set aside for new players?I know it wouldn't be much but the squad needs to be strengthened.

Patrick Dunne
23/08/2005, 3:50 PM
.. but it will more than likely be the off-season before there are any changes in playing staff. As with most EL clubs (and most football clubs), players have to be released to free up wage budgets for new players. Most clubs are no longer paying transfer fees.

Conor H
23/08/2005, 4:01 PM
Well we certainly need to get rid of a few players and bring in quite a few if we are going to sustain a strong push next year.Hopefully some money will be allocated to the manager during the close season.

Redzer
26/08/2005, 11:59 AM
It costs approx. E10K a week to run the club,
That figure seems very high. We had a member of our Mgt Committee on local radio a few weeks ago, and he said our weekly wage bill was approx E7k. I wouldn't have thought ye had a higher wage bill than us.
But, I believe you have a few full time staff, (inc Nick Leeson) which we dont have. maybe that's why it's so high.

Terry
26/08/2005, 12:39 PM
That figure seems very high. We had a member of our Mgt Committee on local radio a few weeks ago, and he said our weekly wage bill was approx E7k. I wouldn't have thought ye had a higher wage bill than us.
But, I believe you have a few full time staff, (inc Nick Leeson) which we dont have. maybe that's why it's so high.

We are not just talking about wages. It includes travel expenses, rent for T'land and the Drom ....etc. It all adds up in the end ya know. :(

Patrick Dunne
26/08/2005, 2:18 PM
.. our wage bill is lower than Sligo Rovers. However, we have two full-time and one part-time office staff. Rent is also a huge monthly outlay that you don't have.