Waterford V Galway United

Wexford V Kerry FC

20:00

Finn Harps V Treaty United

Saturday

Longford Town V Athlone Town

sbgawa
09/08/2023, 2:49 PM
With things being so tight in the premier division all games are big but Pats v Bohs is one that neither side will want to lose as if Rovers manage to win in Shels it will open up a bigger gap.
Can Rovers win at Shels? We have been on a terrible run and while the win against Cork was deserved i found myself wondering would that performance level give us a win over a top half team??? If Gaffney is fit to start instead of Kenny we will be better for sure. I have no idea but if Farrugia and or Clarke and JAck were back even more so....We havent beaten anyone of note since Derry in June our form pre Cork was (most recent first) L L L L D L W D so im living more in hope than expectation and praying some of those guys are back.

Waterford v Galway is more a theoretical big game than reality as even if Waterford win they would still be 13 points behind (with a game in hand) but i suppose Galway could wrap up the league with a win,,,,,if it isnt already.
Cobh v Bray could be Ian Ryans last match in charge of Bray but who knows what goes on there

sbgawa
11/08/2023, 10:51 AM
Not feeling anymore confident today about tonight but hopefully this is one of the times this team steps up when its needed most.
Should be a great atmosphere and hopefuly a few goals. maybe Duffer wont have his back 4 kicking for touch tonight

Jack B
11/08/2023, 11:47 AM
I fancy Bohs to beat us tonight. I think we have the better stand-out players but they've a more balance team when it comes to who is available tonight. When we're missing Lennon as we are we suddenly don't have a natural defensive midfielder and have to play Murphy there while shoe-horning a second choice winger in midfield. Game could go either way obviously but the margins are fine and I think that could make a big difference. Huge game though in the battle to avoid the relegation play-off.

Shearer
11/08/2023, 12:09 PM
Treaty need a win to have any chance of keeping season alive.

SPXcyan
11/08/2023, 6:48 PM
22 seconds and Coughlan scores against Galway!

culloty82
11/08/2023, 7:05 PM
Kennedy Amechi gives Kerry the lead at Wexford.

exiled_gufc_fan
11/08/2023, 7:15 PM
2-1 now, two for Coughlan. Fantastic game.

pineapple stu
11/08/2023, 7:20 PM
31 league goals now for Coughlan - beats Danny Furlong's First Division record from 2015 of 30.

Only Cork's Jimmy Turnbull with 37 in 35/36 has ever scored more in any senior LoI season

culloty82
11/08/2023, 7:23 PM
With 9 rounds left, that record should go, albeit that was over a scarcely credible 22 games!

pineapple stu
11/08/2023, 7:29 PM
Ah yes - the olden days, when defending was optional and 2-3-5 was a typical formation!

Amazing how little information there is about him online - doesn't even have a wiki page

Philosophizer
11/08/2023, 7:35 PM
Shels new lad Harry Wood has had some moments of quality. Looks to have good skill and awareness.

Dermobohs
11/08/2023, 7:37 PM
Bohs well on top here , how the **** we’ve not got a penalty I don’t know, Curtis actually had a double fistful of Afo’s shirt before he wrestled him.
The blatant elbow to big kacper nut by the big lump up front was a red too, although the upside for us is kacper usually needs a wakey wakey.
Good game though proper derby.

Dermobohs
11/08/2023, 7:41 PM
Shels new lad Harry Wood has had some moments of quality. Looks to have good skill and awareness.
Heard from a shels insider a few weeks ago he’s actually on 15 k a week, or 4x Jack byrnes if you like, with the Turk picking up the tab.
So he’d ****ing better be capable of that.
Was muck when he came on v us in the cup.

joey B
11/08/2023, 7:49 PM
Shocking game at Finn Park,2 poor sides….

culloty82
11/08/2023, 8:08 PM
For the second successive game, our main striker bags a double in the 60th minute, and puts us 2-0 up!

culloty82
11/08/2023, 8:13 PM
To add to the déja vu, Wexford pull one back.

pineapple stu
11/08/2023, 8:25 PM
And 3-2 Wexford now...!

pineapple stu
11/08/2023, 8:43 PM
Ha!

Take that , Kilkenny 2000/01 team!

Who's next? Monaghan I think?

Shinkicker
11/08/2023, 8:45 PM
Bohs well on top here , how the **** we’ve not got a penalty I don’t know, Curtis actually had a double fistful of Afo’s shirt before he wrestled him.
The blatant elbow to big kacper nut by the big lump up front was a red too, although the upside for us is kacper usually needs a wakey wakey.
I have to say Bohs were terrific tonight. Looked most likely to score. James Clarke I swear four men wouldn't get the ball of him in a phone box. He was terrific. A great team performance and a great match. Have to say Pats played their part too. For once the ref was gooooood and contributed to the game.

exiled_gufc_fan
11/08/2023, 8:49 PM
2 soft goals conceded by Waterford, finishes 2-2.

15 more points guarantees the league for Galway with 9 games left.

sbgawa
11/08/2023, 8:49 PM
another 2 points thrown away by Rovers.
If we end up winning this league which i doubt , the rest of the league can hang there heads in shane/
We are poor.

Also ref had a shocker , seemed to think every foul was a yellow card......pathetic but normal standard

D24Saint
11/08/2023, 9:02 PM

The ref gave Bohs everything tonight. He lashed out the yellows out to our lads but Afolabi didn’t even get one for an elbow on Redmond.

Shearer
11/08/2023, 9:03 PM
Great win for Treaty, thank Christ.

Kerry rested a heap of players and almost got a result.

Dermobohs
11/08/2023, 9:03 PM
another 2 points thrown away by Rovers.
If we end up winning this league which i doubt , the rest of the league can hang there heads in shane/
We are poor.

Also ref had a shocker , seemed to think every foul was a yellow card......pathetic but normal standard
It’s a very competitive league, you’re not as far ahead as you should be given your financial investors and your best ever academy, the other outwardly funde teams, Derry pats and shels, are not getting any better, and your worst nightmare , US are beginning to click.
Imagine if bohs were to stop the four…..,

Jack B
11/08/2023, 9:07 PM
Cracking game, one of the better 0-0s I've been at.

Thought Bohs were better in general play but we probably shaded it in terms of outright chances between Talbot's save and Carty's blaze over the bar in the first, as well as hitting the woodwork twice and a couple others in the second. Bohs had their fair share mind. They're better than us across the 11 but I think we've the better individuals to balance things out.

thebronze14
11/08/2023, 9:18 PM
Poor one at FP. We huffed and puffed but lacked quality. Two cleared off the line but didn't do enough. Poor keeping I thought for Treaty's goal. They defended well after. ****e stuff all round

joey B
11/08/2023, 9:19 PM
Horrific result and a horrific week in the end for us, no chance for the playoffs ,should have scored tonight but can’t be losing that after Mondays game,more questions than answers for Rodgers and his tenure….

ontheotherhand
11/08/2023, 9:19 PM
Ref destroyed the game in Tolka. It was good entertainment until he stepped in with yellows handed out for anything. He somehow found 6 minutes of extra time in a game with no stoppages as well. To be expected at this stage I suppose but it's holding the game back.

We were cruising first half and should have put it to bed but Shels were better second half. Jarvis, Wood, Moylan and Molloy all stood out for them.

We faded when Gaffney ran out of steam but we get Clarke, Farrugia and Byrne back now after the break.

Thanks to bohs for the little favour. They must still be feeling friendly after our mutual tribute to Christy Dignam.

2 Year Contract
11/08/2023, 9:28 PM
Decent 0-0 in inchicore. Missing Mulraney and Lennon was a big loss for Pats but dealt with that quite well. As said above Bohs had more of the ball but pats probably the slightly better chances but only marginally and the game could’ve easily been won by either side. Thought the Redmond Afolabi battle was a great watch and it’s fair to say Redmond came out the better, man of the match performance from him, I don’t think Afolabi had any chance of note in the game

Calcio Jack
11/08/2023, 9:35 PM
Ref destroyed the game in Tolka. It was good entertainment until he stepped in with yellows handed out for anything. He somehow found 6 minutes of extra time in a game with no stoppages as well. To be expected at this stage I suppose but it's holding the game back.

We were cruising first half and should have put it to bed but Shels were better second half. Jarvis, Wood, Moylan and Molloy all stood out for them.

We faded when Gaffney ran out of steam but we get Clarke, Farrugia and Byrne back now after the break.

Thanks to bohs for the little favour. They must still be feeling friendly after our mutual tribute to Christy Dignam.

We’ll also have Grace back - disappointed to concede so late but if we get all the injured mentioned above back as expected then I’d expect us to retain the league.

In relation to tonight sadly it’s clear Finn is finished at this level ; question marks over Manus as well based on his effort to stop their goal ( only thing he was called on to do all night) and Lopes was Lopes simply brilliant.

ontheotherhand
11/08/2023, 10:00 PM
We’ll also have Grace back - disappointed to concede so late but if we get all the injured mentioned above back as expected then I’d expect us to retain the league.

In relation to tonight sadly it’s clear Finn is finished at this level ; question marks over Manus as well based on his effort to stop their goal ( only thing he was called on to do all night) and Lopes was Lopes simply brilliant.

Unfortunately agree with you there. Mannus has been poor since coming back and Finn was struggling. I'd start Pohls now and I can't believe I'm saying that.

patsdad
11/08/2023, 10:06 PM
For a 0-0 that was a cracker in Richmond. Genuinely could have gone either way but a defeat would have been unfair on either side. Bohs were marginally on top in general play but Pats created the better chances. One excellent save from Talbot, just routine catches from Lyness. Pats hit the bar twice, Bohs once.
Both are credible contenders and the result, along with the draw in Tolka, keeps it that way.

TonyD
11/08/2023, 10:24 PM
Decent 0-0 in inchicore. Missing Mulraney and Lennon was a big loss for Pats but dealt with that quite well. As said above Bohs had more of the ball but pats probably the slightly better chances but only marginally and the game could’ve easily been won by either side. Thought the Redmond Afolabi battle was a great watch and it’s fair to say Redmond came out the better, man of the match performance from him, I don’t think Afolabi had any chance of note in the game

Joe Redmond coming back has been huge for Pats. He was immense tonight. I think it’s quite possible we would have lost tonight without him. I also think it’s highly possible that we wouldn’t have lost some of the late point we did (Dundalk’ Drogheda, Cork) with him on the pitch.

Didn’t realise Shels had pegged Rovers back until I got home, so that’s something I suppose. As you were. Challengers running out of games though.

The Bowler
11/08/2023, 10:31 PM
Corl looked poor against a resurgent students team tonight.......OK, that's stretching it a bit, we are still mid 1st Div standard, bit Cork could be joining us next year. I hope not, I'd rather see Cork in Prem next year. Playoff will be Cork v Waterford, and Waterford will fo their usual bottle job

Jack B
11/08/2023, 11:04 PM
Joe Redmond coming back has been huge for Pats. He was immense tonight. I think it’s quite possible we would have lost tonight without him. I also think it’s highly possible that we wouldn’t have lost some of the late point we did (Dundalk’ Drogheda, Cork) with him on the pitch.

Didn’t realise Shels had pegged Rovers back until I got home, so that’s something I suppose. As you were. Challengers running out of games though.

I think that's a safe bet, believe we've now kept more clean sheets in the games he's played than the games he's missed this season despite him being injured for something like 16 of them in the league. He's a fantastic defender that we'll do well to keep hold of but again it's probably indicative that we're too reliant on the quality of a select handful of players in the squad rather than having the balance across it that others do.

2 Year Contract
11/08/2023, 11:37 PM
I think that's a safe bet, believe we've now kept more clean sheets in the games he's played than the games he's missed this season despite him being injured for something like 16 of them in the league. He's a fantastic defender that we'll do well to keep hold of but again it's probably indicative that we're too reliant on the quality of a select handful of players in the squad rather than having the balance across it that others do.

A centre back pairing of Joe Redmond and Lee Desmond would be absolutely incredible. Although it’s just a dream for now hoping that next season we both hang onto Redmond and that Desmond prefers rainy Inchicore to the Californian sun :D

Jack B
11/08/2023, 11:41 PM
A centre back pairing of Joe Redmond and Lee Desmond would be absolutely incredible. Although it’s just a dream for now hoping that next season we both hang onto Redmond and that Desmond prefers rainy Inchicore to the Californian sun :D

Have it on semi-good authority that Lee will be back at some point, though I'm not sure we'll hang on to Redmond for long enough for that to become a reality unfortunately, as amazing as it'd be!

nigel-harps1954
11/08/2023, 11:49 PM
Horrendous game of football in Finn Park. Treaty had one shot, and brutal goalkeeping from Kelly at his near post let it in.

Harps created five or six good scoring chances but could be there until next week and not score one. Couple of goal line clearances, and a good save from Chambers kept the clean sheet in tact.

Two really, really poor performances from Harps on the bounce after a big performance against Galway last week. Really need to step up the game or Skerries will fancy a cup upset next week.

trevy
12/08/2023, 5:26 AM
Good entertainment at the RSC last night. Coughlan broke Waterford FC goalscoring record as well as the first division record. It's a pity Waterford couldn't hold on for the win. Galway celebrations at the end showed they know the league is won now.

2 Year Contract
12/08/2023, 8:42 AM
Good entertainment at the RSC last night. Coughlan broke Waterford FC goalscoring record as well as the first division record.

Do you mean in a single season? Surely someone has scored more than 31 goals for the club overall before

Another Bohemia
12/08/2023, 9:06 AM
The ref gave Bohs everything tonight. He lashed out the yellows out to our lads but Afolabi didn’t even get one for an elbow on Redmond.

https://twitter.com/Joeheff79/status/1690092230164230144?t=K12jYOAvDh3Fc9ORJHqTHw&s=08

The ref was obviously ****e for both teams. He was hugely inconsistent with his decision making. Kirk was rightfully booked for shoving a player off the pitch and into the hoardings but Breslin escaped a second yellow for the exact same thing in the first half. Not sure how you fix the level of incompetence on display week in week out tbh.

2 Year Contract
12/08/2023, 9:18 AM
Agree, Harvey was hugely inconsistent in his decision making. Connolly went in late on Lyness in the first half and wasn’t booked then a minute later McGrath did the same thing to Afolabi and picked up a yellow for it. Either both are yellows or neither. (I think both were for what it’s worth)

Dermobohs
12/08/2023, 10:10 AM
Catty got away with a deliberate elbow to Radkowski head too, meant it all day.
McGrath for me was red, lunge in from distance studs up at speed .
Overall Harvey was ok but he really compounds his mistakes with silly yellows while missing dangerous fouls.

Philosophizer
12/08/2023, 10:24 AM
LOI highlights of Shels v Rovers on YT skips from minute 21 until minute 92!! I was at the game myself and i know Shels tend to create boring matches all right but there actually was a few shots and 1 v big penalty claim in that time. Who puts these packages together??

D24Saint
12/08/2023, 11:25 AM
https://twitter.com/Joeheff79/status/1690092230164230144?t=K12jYOAvDh3Fc9ORJHqTHw&s=08

The ref was obviously ****e for both teams. He was hugely inconsistent with his decision making. Kirk was rightfully booked for shoving a player off the pitch and into the hoardings but Breslin escaped a second yellow for the exact same thing in the first half. Not sure how you fix the level of incompetence on display week in week out tbh.

Agreed. Some of the decisions were poor. He didn’t have a nightmare in fairness to him but got several calls wrong.

ger121
12/08/2023, 12:11 PM
We’re still in it.

Bohtastic
12/08/2023, 1:02 PM
Agree, Harvey was hugely inconsistent in his decision making. Connolly went in late on Lyness in the first half and wasn’t booked then a minute later McGrath did the same thing to Afolabi and picked up a yellow for it. Either both are yellows or neither. (I think both were for what it’s worth)

Dunno- I thought there was a difference- McGrath took out the standing leg, Connolly looked like a missed block, with little contact imo.

Dermobohs
12/08/2023, 7:20 PM
Decent scrap in the midlands derby here, Longford coming back to level at ht.
Ex bohsman Cristian Margerusan having his surname mangled by the culchie in the commentary box who otherwise is good, lol.

da bishop
12/08/2023, 7:50 PM
Very poor game in FP but a gutsy effort from Treaty to hang on for 3 welcome points,must be said given the experience in this Treaty side these are games that they should be winning.Kerry at home next should be no different.