PDA

View Full Version : Cobh Ramblers (H)

legendz
07/08/2023, 7:13 AM
The club are on a terrible run in the league. Waterford defeats bookended a run of moral victories. The club needs some good results over the remaining 11 league games to end the season on a more positive note. Supporters have been patient for long enough. It is time to start delivering results on the pitch. The Kerryman are saying to target double digits at least.

legendz
07/08/2023, 6:32 PM
Axworthy returns after suspension. Coughlan and Keane are dropped to the bench. Sean O'Connell and Ronan Teahan both earning a place in the starting XI.

legendz
07/08/2023, 8:41 PM
2 goals is a dangerous lead. Disappointing not to win but a positive performance and a well earned point. Pity not to score a winner right at the end. Kos played very well and Axworthy made some good saves.

listowelceltic
07/08/2023, 9:55 PM
Was that a penalty for kerry at 2 nil? Ref gave free out. I hadn't a clear view of it.

EalingGreen
08/08/2023, 9:52 AM
2 goals is a dangerous lead.Not having a pop personally, but that comment is one of those (otherwise unimportant) things which annoys me more than it should. It's repeated commonly enough, so it's not just you, but it is a misquotation of something which (I think) Jimmy Greaves first said: "Two-one is a dangerous lead".

And he was referring to teams which are two-nil up, who then get pulled back to two-one, which suddenly introduces doubt into their minds. For it poses the question, do you go on doing whatever it was which saw you go two-nil up in the first place, or do you make adjustments to protect your lead? And it is this doubt which is dangerous. (Meanwhile there is no such doubt for the opposition, they've still got to go for it, only now buoyed by getting one back.)

Or look at it another way: should a team eg go in two-nil up at half-time, unless it was some sort of fluke, do you imagine their manager is going to say to his team: "We could be in a bit of trouble here, lads, I might need to make changes"?

Anyhow, rant over, as you were!

P.S. Never get me onto "Just before half time is the best time to score a goal" :)