PDA

View Full Version : Analysis of 2nd third of the season...

Poor Student
21/08/2005, 5:01 PM
Comparing the 1st two thirds of the season we've actually impoved a bit even though our recent form has been poor.

Shels (1-1) 1-1 - Same
Drogheda United (0-2) 2-1 - Improvement
Bray Wanderers (0-1) 3-2 - Improvement
Cork City (0-0) 1-5 - Disimprovement
Waterford United (1-0) 0-0 - Disimprovement
St. Patrick's Athletic (2-3) 1-0 Improvement
Derry City (1-0) 0-3 - Disimprovement
Bohemian FC (1-1) 1-1 - Same
Finn Harps (0-1) 1-1 - Improvement
Longford Town (0-1) 0-0 Improvement
Shamrock Rovers (0-0) 0-1 Disimprovement

That's 5 improvements, 2 the same and 4 disimprovements.

Our record in the 1st third was: Won 2 Drawn 4 Lost 5 Scored 6 Conceded 10 Points 10

Our record in the 2nd third was: Won 3 Drawn 5 Lost 3 Scored 10 Conceded 15 Points 14

We've won 1 more and lost 2 less, scored a few more too. Sadly we've conceded more too though. If we can further improve on this we should see a decent finish. However this was the only third where we had more home games than away. At least things have gotten better though the last result is very disappointing.

pineapple stu
21/08/2005, 6:16 PM
Yeah, that usually happens to us alright. Pete Mahon's targets, I think, were 10, 13 and 16 points from each third. I'd be hopeful of getting the 16 from the last 11 games, as we usually finish well. I think at this stage, though, we're not going to finish higher than seventh, so any league movement will be downwards - i.e. the league is pretty much over for us (so long as we don't completely collapse and go down). However, if we can start getting a few goals (1 goal from open play in our last seven games! :eek: ) in the last third, that'll be success in itself and would set us up for next season.

Poor Student
21/08/2005, 6:48 PM
I've said before, if we can keep our team core I have high hopes for next season. Kenna, Quigley, Dicker and Hurley are so young and could really come on in a year or two.