ali2005
21/08/2005, 2:55 PM
2-1 rovers. what do ye think.

The Stars
21/08/2005, 5:13 PM
0-0 and us to win the replay.

redman
21/08/2005, 5:32 PM
In the circunstances with us now back on top I think the atmosphere will be electric. I think the 'stand fans' will join in with the 'shed heads' to make this a night to be remembered.

Pat's are not having a great season and we are now full of confidence. This is our opportunity to signal our return to the top and I think we will send out a message and make the eircom league sit up and take notice.

My prediction is Rovers 1 St. Pats 0.

sligoman
21/08/2005, 5:38 PM
In the circunstances with us now back on top I think the atmosphere will be electric. I think the 'stand fans' will join in with the 'shed heads' to make this a night to be remembered.I hope your right with that but I dont think the atmosphere will be any different to any other game :(

redman
21/08/2005, 8:06 PM
I hope your right with that but I dont think the atmosphere will be any different to any other game :(

well it should be... St. Pats are one of those teams we are currently aspiring to be playing against week after week. Its been awhile since we've had a game such as this in the Showgrounds and the magic of the cup should give it that extra spice. This is not a pre-season friendly and Rovers fans have always loved their cup football.

I hope that Sean puts out our strongest team though and does not take it as an opportunity to rest key players with promotion in mind.

roversforever
21/08/2005, 8:27 PM
i think ye are being very optimistic.pats are not having a great season but they haven't suddenly turned into a bad team and are still one of the biggest names in irish soccer.let's not get carried away.remember how hopeful we were when longford came to town and look what happened.i don't agree with the person who said we'll win after a replay.if we are going to do it it will be at the showgies.i think if we have to go up to dublin for a replay we could be in trouble.having said all that though it is still a winable game,but let's just keep our feet on the ground.

sligoman
22/08/2005, 12:00 AM
My prediction is 2-1 to us:). Brown and McT with the goals ;)

lim abroad
22/08/2005, 1:19 AM
can't really see ye doing the business in this one,ye have been blowing hot and cold lately in what really is a poor first division,hope ye prove me wrong though,after all it is cup football

sligoman
22/08/2005, 1:24 AM
can't really see ye doing the business in this one,ye have been blowing hot and cold lately in what really is a poor first division,hope ye prove me wrong though,after all it is cup footballCouldn't see us beating Shels in a replay in Tolka a few seasons ago but it happened :)

Da Real Rover
22/08/2005, 8:32 AM
When its the cup and us anything can happen, anything.

wws
22/08/2005, 9:51 AM
we're expecting a very tough game lads - our form is far too erratic to be confident about this - drew 1-1 and outclass Derry one week, lose 1-0 and look sh:t against longford the next - doubt if there will be much diff in class

The Stars
22/08/2005, 9:57 AM
i think ye are being very optimistic.pats are not having a great season but they haven't suddenly turned into a bad team and are still one of the biggest names in irish soccer.let's not get carried away.remember how hopeful we were when longford came to town and look what happened.i don't agree with the person who said we'll win after a replay.if we are going to do it it will be at the showgies.i think if we have to go up to dublin for a replay we could be in trouble.having said all that though it is still a winable game,but let's just keep our feet on the ground.
like sligoman said,nobody said we could beat Shelbourne in the Cup,espically in Dublin and looked what happened then.....

Rory H
22/08/2005, 10:01 AM
1-1...faz

garykelly
22/08/2005, 12:42 PM
us to win 1-0. a draw and replay wouldnt be ideal as the league is most important and we cant afford to drop points coming off a midweek replay. mct to score.

dublinred
22/08/2005, 4:13 PM
0 0 if we play the u21s or a 2 1 win if Sean puts out a full team.

red arrow
22/08/2005, 7:51 PM
we have to be realistic here lads. my opinion if we play above ourselves we could sneak it. faz will be key player hear if he can create space with his darting runs and hold the ball (not loose it) we can create more chances. midfield will also have to be strong. brown could cause them trouble used as a foil for mct. looking forward to game and if we create the right atmosphere we can certainly do it. get the samba band out gary and fill the shed . best of luck to the lads.

rockstar
22/08/2005, 8:18 PM
:) Ithink well do well to win on the night,Pats are no bad side they have a lot of quality players who are very good when they get it right,the win in Cobh will give us a boost.2-2 on the night.

Red4Eva
23/08/2005, 12:14 AM
can't f*ckin wait for it. hopefully a few more ppl go to shed so we can generate an atmosphere for once. i'd be shocked if sc puts out ****t team.
rovers 2 pat's 0. st.paul&kaps

feo123
23/08/2005, 6:29 PM
We'll sneak it 1-0!! Feeney to score(if he plays)
What do ye think the team should be??? :confused:

sligoman
23/08/2005, 6:31 PM
What do ye think the team should be??? :confused:Our strongest 11 where possible. No fringe players or reserve players in my opinion. We have to take it serious.

Shiba
23/08/2005, 9:05 PM
1-1...faz

a win hopefully as for Faz to score I wont hold my Breath!

Petmuller
23/08/2005, 9:59 PM
I'd expect to see the biggest crowd of the season at this one. What worries me is that in recent times Rovers teams freeze on the big occasions especially at home. I suppose we go into it as underdogs us being the first division outfit and all. Pats are not the team they were though saying that they are still a very good side. I haven't been speaking with any of the players so I don't know what frame of mind they are in or how we are approaching this game. Is the league our main objective? I would like to think so although on saying that I'd still expect the team to give their all in the cup.
What kind of side will Sean put out? That will be the deciding factor for us. A strong eleven and we'll be in with a shout. I firmly believe that we have the footballers that can get the ball down and go at teams. In the first division it's nigh impossible to do this, against Pat's it will be much different as they are a footballing side so I'd expect to see a good game of football which will be a welcome change from what we have become accustomed to.
Bring it on and let's hope the lads do us proud, win lose or draw.

marktis
23/08/2005, 11:09 PM
Definitely a big crowd for the game and hopefully a great atmosphere.

Predicting a 1-0 win for Rovers.

Rovers1
23/08/2005, 11:20 PM
3-0 rovers,rossiter,mct and feeney :D

SRFC Head
24/08/2005, 9:53 AM
I think Pats will have a good crowd heading down, I was chatting to a few people up here (dublin) who will be making the trip, although there are a few more now not going down as dublin are playing at the weekend

Gaa smaa...

wws
24/08/2005, 10:00 AM
where do away fans go now?

last time i was there the new stand wasnt built - do we just head to the end behind the goal?

its a pity the dubs match is on as it is distracting from this "tie of the round" - stupid summer soccer!

not that ive any interest myself in gaa but some deffo wont travel as they are goin to Croker!

the official pats forum is here if yis wanna chk out the pats view of this tie - http://saints.myfreebb.com/index.php

SRFC Head
24/08/2005, 10:06 AM
You can sit in the old stand on the upper end away from the entrance and behind the goal on that end.

Sometimes some away fans go into the new stand.

The Stars
24/08/2005, 10:11 AM
You can sit in the old stand on the upper end away from the entrance and behind the goal on that end.

Sometimes some away fans go into the new stand.
In other words,Pats fans can sit in the 'Blue Stand'.

wws
24/08/2005, 10:16 AM
what about that open terrace behind one of teh goals - the place we were last time - unless its raining we'll proll go there

wot sort a crowd u expecting?

SRFC Head
24/08/2005, 10:44 AM
I'd hope to see 2500... am I expecting too much ?

Open Terrece behind goal isn't a problem at all.

The Stars
24/08/2005, 11:00 AM
I'd hope to see 2500... am I expecting too much ?

Open Terrece behind goal isn't a problem at all.
Ya i think you are.2000 would be the most we will get i think.
When they say open terrece behind the goal i hope they mean the railway end because if it was the shed end they might be a bit too close for comfort...

wws
24/08/2005, 11:09 AM
railway end is teh one im on about

is the shed thing still there?

sligoman
24/08/2005, 11:13 AM
is the shed thing still there?Yeah. It was closed for a good while but it's re-opened now

sligoman
24/08/2005, 11:14 AM
the official pats forum is here if yis wanna chk out the pats view of this tie - http://saints.myfreebb.com/index.phpDo you need to register to look at it? :confused:

The Stars
24/08/2005, 11:16 AM
Do you need to register to look at it? :confused:
ya i think you do.
will the pats fan put up a link so we dont have to register

sligoman
24/08/2005, 11:17 AM
ya i think you do.
will the pats fan put up a link so we dont have to register
No problem, I just registered. Not much trouble just took a minute.

wws
24/08/2005, 11:21 AM
i think you have to register to view it - only takes a minute

sligoman
24/08/2005, 11:23 AM
i think you have to register to view it - only takes a minuteYeah, but now it wont let me log in. Does an admin have to approve it first or what? :confused:

Rory H
24/08/2005, 11:33 AM
a win hopefully as for Faz to score I wont hold my Breath!

he has to score eventually!!!

hopefully

sligoman
24/08/2005, 11:36 AM
People seem to forget that he scored against Cobh in the Showgies. It wasn't credited to him but it was obvious that he hit it into the net:).

wws
24/08/2005, 11:37 AM
Yeah, but now it wont let me log in. Does an admin have to approve it first or what? :confused:

#

dnt think so

some sligo fan just registered and posted so it must work!

SRFC Head
24/08/2005, 11:43 AM
just check your mail after reg'ing and click on the link to complete reg.

sligoman
24/08/2005, 11:46 AM
just check your mail after reg'ing and click on the link to complete reg.Yeah, I done that. The forum should have said that they were sending an e-mail though :rolleyes:

SRFC Head
24/08/2005, 12:34 PM
They did when I reg'ed

Bravo
24/08/2005, 3:50 PM
Lads yer Daft, concentrate on the league one or two serious injuries Saturday night & we could be in the 1st division again next year. Look at the bigger picture :ball: This is our year for the league not the cup; we don’t have enough dept in the squad to risk injuries to Key Players. Concentrate on the league, the Cups a bonus! Only new to this craic, still trying to catch on.

feo123
25/08/2005, 10:51 PM
IF its a draw on Saturday, will there be a bus to the replay on Tuesday??

sligoman
26/08/2005, 8:23 PM
Match Preview. (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/previews/preview.asp?pid=280) ;)

Red4Eva
27/08/2005, 1:39 PM
dave mckeon is ref. the memories keepin flooding back :)

redman
28/08/2005, 12:04 AM
I hope your right with that but I dont think the atmosphere will be any different to any other game :(

Sligoman..... I tried to tell you!!!!

What a game....what a night.....one of the best in years.

Hopfully this will bring back some of the fair weather supporters to the all important push for promotion.