PDA

View Full Version : Sligo 2-0 Cobh

The Stars
20/08/2005, 8:43 PM
Great result tonight lads.Kaps with a peno and Paul Brown with a header in the last few minutes.Top of the league by 3 points now and most importantly a clean sheet.

deecay
20/08/2005, 8:45 PM
Great Result
Were Top Of The League Were Havin A Laugh
Were Top Of The League Were Havin A Laugh :D :D :D

red arrow
20/08/2005, 9:01 PM
great result. sets us up nicely for cup game against pats. i listened to all sorts of **** during the week about rovers and s. connors. this is the best and only answer a team can give. congrats to both the team and the manager. cobh not an easy place to get all three points. great to see brown scoring anybody got any in debt analysis on game as i couldnt bear to listen to ocean fm who are only good for fast tracking people to the coronry care dept

The Stars
20/08/2005, 9:09 PM
sorry no report,i had to listen to the sambles ocean fm all night.good to see Brown scoring is right.He has got a bad reception from some fans and thats the best way to shut them up.I think if we keep the same team for the next few games with only mc t coming in we could put together another good run and pull away from the rest....wishfull thinking i know but you have to be optimistic.

sligoman
21/08/2005, 12:51 AM
Great result, 3 point lead restored and that's us top for at least 2 weeks now, :cool:. Looking forward to the Pat's game now and feeling confident now(was very worried before). Hopefully a good run from here. Also, good to see Brown finally get on the score sheet, hopefully a scoring blitz from him now :)

redman
21/08/2005, 9:44 AM
Well done the lads!

Does anybody know the starting team and what substitutions were made?

The Stars
21/08/2005, 10:25 AM
Well done the lads!

Does anybody know the starting team and what substitutions were made?
Starting Team:
O'Hara,Raf,Low,Burns,McNamara,O'Grady,Foley,Faz,Mc Cann,Flannery,Alvarez. Brown replaced Alvarez. Not aware of any other changes

redman
21/08/2005, 11:34 AM
Starting Team:
O'Hara,Raf,Low,Burns,McNamara,O'Grady,Foley,Faz,Mc Cann,Flannery,Alvarez. Brown replaced Alvarez. Not aware of any other changes

Thanks for that.

Rory H
21/08/2005, 11:39 AM
very impressive...just what we needed...dublin city are on a bad run and i hope we can take full advantage now...its a crucial time.end of 3rd round....

the way the fixtures came out:dublin city play the team we played last week...so they have cobh in 2 weeks..could be a tough 1 for them

we have a run against the "weaker" teams now with monaghan,kilkenny[maybe not!] and athlone...we should be looking for 9 points from these...

the dublin city game is going to decide it i think....

Anto McC
21/08/2005, 11:58 AM
Can't wait for Rovers to get back in the premier division,one of the best away trips in the league,always a good atmosphere and Shels have had some great games with you over the years.

Rory H
21/08/2005, 12:02 PM
Can't wait for Rovers to get back in the premier division,one of the best away trips in the league,always a good atmosphere and Shels have had some great games with you over the years.

we know...

atmosphere....ya...ya its great these days ;)

i think we could have a bigger crowd than ye if we go up too

Anto McC
21/08/2005, 12:18 PM
Don't get ahead of yourself now :rolleyes:

sligoman
21/08/2005, 1:38 PM
Cobh Ramblers lost this vital top of the table clash with Sligo Rovers 2-0. Ramblers started brightly and had more of the possession than Sligo in a first half performance which saw few chances for both sides.
On 22 min Conor Meade flashed a shot inches over the bar which the Sligo defence knew little about (below)

Sligo's best effort came just before half time with a close effort by Sligo's Sean Flannery missing narrowly.

Both teams continued the battle for possession in the second half with the game turning in the 56 min with a penalty scored by Kupono Low awarded for hand ball by Ramblers Dave Warren. Warren (below) was also red carded for the handball offence before the goal-bound effort could cross the line.

Ramblers still continued to press but Sligo marshalled well at the back by Capt Michael McNamara withstood anything Ramblers threw at them and completed the job on 90 min when a well placed header by ex Limavaddy Striker Paul Brown beat sealed all three points for Sligo who now move 3 points clear at the top of the first division.

Match photo's here. (http://www.cobhramblers.com/)

roversforever
21/08/2005, 8:31 PM
how did carlos play?

garykelly
22/08/2005, 9:30 AM
carlos did well. he was put clean through by faz a min before half time and he should have scored although he was just inches off target. he looked good when he was direct and not bothered about passing. sometimes he passed cos he thought it was right thing to do. hopefully he'll be able to get some confidence from this performance and continue to develop as a player.

willie john
22/08/2005, 1:12 PM
very impressive...just what we needed...dublin city are on a bad run and i hope we can take full advantage now...its a crucial time.end of 3rd round....

the way the fixtures came out:dublin city play the team we played last week...so they have cobh in 2 weeks..could be a tough 1 for them

we have a run against the "weaker" teams now with monaghan,kilkenny[maybe not!] and athlone...we should be looking for 9 points from these...

the dublin city game is going to decide it i think....
i dont no what you mean by dubs on a bad run they played better football then ye did the week before only lfc realy played out of there skin :ball:

declan hide
22/08/2005, 3:13 PM
i wouldnt say limerick played out of their skin...more like we played good football (for a change) and defended well. dublin could have had a few goals before we took the lead. we deserved the win overall though.

roversforever
22/08/2005, 11:24 PM
carlos did well. he was put clean through by faz a min before half time and he should have scored although he was just inches off target. he looked good when he was direct and not bothered about passing. sometimes he passed cos he thought it was right thing to do. hopefully he'll be able to get some confidence from this performance and continue to develop as a player.
thanks gary.he is very disappointed with the chance he missed,reckons he should have scored.he also picked up a knock after 20mins but he played through it.

sligoman
22/08/2005, 11:28 PM
Anyone at the match know, was there much support down from Sligo? :confused: