PDA

View Full Version : Belfast nightlife

Gerrit
20/08/2005, 6:40 PM
I know some of you may have never tried and are unable to answer, but the Off-topic part of irishleagueforums.net is not reachable for some reason...

Anyway, I feel like stepping out tonight, but the local gothic club is only once a month having meetings. Does anyone know a nice pub/club here that plays a bit of alternative "indie" music? (gothic or new-wave or alternative rock: eg Echo & The Bunnymen, Sisters of Mercy, Placebo, The Cure, Muse, Manic Street Preachers, ...)

So far I've been advised to try the Limelight, but it seems mainly a metal club. They don't play any newwave or gothic anyway :(

Green Tribe
20/08/2005, 10:25 PM
I'll ask my brother tomorrow for ya Gerrit, he knows Belfast quite well, living there for about five years until just recently. However, I'm sure you have noticed all the teenage goths who loiter and litter :mad: the area around the city hall on a Saturday during the day. You could maybe ask some of them, they're bound to know, there are some older ones hanging about too. Jesus, some of them should carry a health warning though, fcuking horrific looking, quite scary! :eek:

Gerrit
20/08/2005, 11:19 PM
Hey don t forget I look more or less like that! :mad: ;)

The youngsters may be too much into new stuff, gothic metal and fakers like Evanescence... But if there s any mid-twenties goths they should be able to advise me.

Can you ask your brother? would be nice :)

Green Tribe
20/08/2005, 11:33 PM
Hey don t forget I look more or less like that! :mad: ;)

Can you ask your brother? would be nice

:o :D
I'm sure you're not as scary as some of these mingers! :D
I will ask him tomorrow for you, he's not into that type of music but maybe he'll know of somewhere!

MariborKev
22/08/2005, 8:25 AM
Gerrit,

Irishleague Forums has gone to a subscription site, so if you don't pay you can't access any forum other than the General Irish League.