PDA

View Full Version : Chemical Brothers Marley Pk last night!!!!

Kingdom
20/08/2005, 11:19 AM
Dunno if anyone else was there, but man they were absolutely fantastich!!

Long time fan but for one reason or another (the inability to dance being one), last night was my first time to see them play in the flesh. and I wasn't disappointed.

Arrived at about 6.20 in the middle of the Mainline set and they lived up to the hype that I have to continually listn to off Kowalski, and must admit they were the sh!t. Unfortunately they were followed by Sonic Youth who I was very disappointed with. Forced me into the dance tent which was bouncing away and the couple of dj's (think it was Jacques lu Cont at this stage) who we listed to were quite good and certainly had the crowd going.

The booze was terrible but had to consume some to ease the nerves. Then they arrived and from the first minute to the last they were brilliant. Their set was divided into two halves in you will, not that they stopped at any stage really. The first half of their set was the best, the sound was excellent, the crowd superb, but their light and visual show was really top notch.

The only downside for me was the closing song. I was expecting them to play the Private Psychedelic Reel, but they didn't and was inconsolable as its their best song, but once I'd chilled out and has a few hours to recap, I was able to get over it.

Easily the best live performance I've seen, not that that would be hard though!!! Also agreed with the missus that we've to go to the Electric Picnic.

Can't wait to see them again. Any others there last night.

Kingdom.

Beavis
21/08/2005, 10:29 AM
I was at them in the point in March and they were quality. Played for nearly three hours. Couldn't go this time with an exam the following morning.Glad to hear they were good again though, they're a class act.

Was there many at it? they had been advertising all the Bud Rising gigs right up until Friday so I obviously none have sold out.

fosterdollar
22/08/2005, 8:22 AM
March in the Point was good but Friday was the best gig i've seen the Chemicals play. About two hours of a set which is good for a festivally type thing. Only song they were a bit iffy on was Star Guitar. Rest was superb though.

Basemet Jaxx kept up the consistently cool performances as well. Seriously tough act to follow in Underworld. First time seeing them live and they were excellent.

Jacques Lu Cont rocked the sh!t out of the Dance Tent. he was on very early though and missed some of him because of that.

Saw Mylo at Oxegen and thought he was pretty unimpressive - same again on Saturday.