PDA

View Full Version : Athompshere in the brandywell

ali2005
20/08/2005, 11:17 AM
Was watching the derry city match last night and the atompshere was unbelievable. Thats what the showgrounds should be like now that we are top of the league.

1 9 2 8
20/08/2005, 12:25 PM
Thats what the showgrounds should be like now that we are top of the league.
Well unless you try to make an atmosphere at the Showgrounds your self you shouldn't criticize. But I do agree with you it should be like that

thejollyrodger
20/08/2005, 1:02 PM
great atmosphere, the only gripe i would have is the english chants that are sung sometimes at groups.

Fair play to the derry supporters, they brought their own irish drum thing and the support sounded excellent (and irish)

Rovers1
21/08/2005, 11:39 AM
and dont forget they had about 4-5000 there

SRFC Head
22/08/2005, 3:39 PM
Great atmosphere, there was alot of expletives heard on Rte all the chants were coming through...

Bravo
23/08/2005, 10:59 AM
In 1994 we had an atmosphere to rival the best in the Land. The novelty of the floodlights, the large crowds & the fact we were been convincingly entertained on the pitch week in-week out allowed supporters to be in a confidant mood & this reverberated around the Stadium. 2005: The crowds are not coming back yet & the Fans are too nervous to be excited. If we were beating teams with more conviction then the confidence would grow & the showground’s Buzz would return. I am sure of it. Cause I have never seen the Buzz as Bad. At the Dublin City game a few weeks ago we had two groups singing (one with a drum) one crowd continuously abused the other, Silly carry on!

SRFC Head
23/08/2005, 1:06 PM
There is a mini civil war among some of the fans and it effects the atmosphere in the showgrounds. Critisising each other over the best way to make an atmosphere. very petty..

I couldn't give a buck about getting up other fans noses I pay my entrance fee and say what I want during the match. I'm not a big signer but will give vocal encouragement to the players during the game.

1 9 2 8
23/08/2005, 5:21 PM
There is a mini civil war among some of the fans and it effects the atmosphere in the showgrounds. Critisising each other over the best way to make an atmosphere.
I hope our supporters aren't going to start acting like PSG fans :(

marktis
23/08/2005, 11:07 PM
Can I just say that the noise from Rovers fans at away games seems to be a lot better than the noise at home games.
At the away games all Rovers fans who have travelled seem to be more willing to sing and shout.
Now with the bigger crowd at the home games, because Rovers have the largest home gate in the division by far, it would be great if there could be some effort at getting an atmosphere - like the Dublin City away games or the Galway United away games.

Rovers1
23/08/2005, 11:16 PM
Can I just say that the noise from Rovers fans at away games seems to be a lot better than the noise at home games.
At the away games all Rovers fans who have travelled seem to be more willing to sing and shout.
Now with the bigger crowd at the home games, because Rovers have the largest home gate in the division by far, it would be great if there could be some effort at getting an atmosphere - like the Dublin City away games or the Galway United away games.

agreed,more of 'us against them' attitude on the road

SRFC Head
24/08/2005, 9:50 AM
agreed,more of 'us against them' attitude on the road

There was a bit of that at inchicore, not too much but the lads to the right were telling the lads drumming to keep it down as they were "drowning out their own fans".

Bravo
25/08/2005, 3:48 PM
If 40-50 people are been drowned out by one Drum then their not singing loud enough; more like whinging! On the road the noise we make is electric. Is it that a few Key people are slightly oiled? And the tongues loosen?

Petmuller
25/08/2005, 5:33 PM
If 40-50 people are been drowned out by one Drum then their not singing loud enough; more like whinging! On the road the noise we make is electric. Is it that a few Key people are slightly oiled? And the tongues loosen?

I could be lynched for this observation but my opinion on why our away support is better that our home is because it's the real die-hards that travel to the away games and usually they congregate in the same part of the ground. In the showgrounds each have their own vantage point.
Down through the years the shed got the reputation as the place to be for the right atmosphere but I think people have grown away from that now. I can never see the likes of the new stand ever being a place where people will chant and sing during a game, the jinks avenue stand will be a better option. At the end of the day supporters will now go to the vantage point they have become accustomed and because of this the away support will always be better.

What we need is a leader, a father figure that people will be attracted to and want to be beside at games. Frazer Browne was such a character in bygone days, is there such a person now following the Rovers? Recently I watched a program on Sky Sports on supporters that travel to away games across England and an elderly man from the south-east of London was the character they focused in on. He supports Milwall and the other supporters know him as grandad. He starts off all the chants and the songs, he's a real character.

Do we have such a character ??

The Stars
25/08/2005, 5:50 PM
Do we have such a character ??
wild rover?
Seriously though i agree with what you're saying.I think that anyone who wants to sing should go to the Shed and the Pats match would be a perfect time for people to make their first step into the Shed and get a buzz going in the Showgrounds again.

1 9 2 8
25/08/2005, 6:31 PM
wild rover?
.I think that anyone who wants to sing should go to the Shed and the Pats match would be a perfect time for people to make their first step into the Shed and get a buzz going in the Showgrounds again.
I have a feeling that the atmosphere against Pats is going to be very poor no matter how many is at the game :(

LondonRover
25/08/2005, 7:06 PM
I've been at two games this season - Malahide @ the Showgies and Dublin City @ Pat's. The contrast between the two was desperate - it was painfully quiet at home - fellas having conversations and not even really watching what was going on whereas up in Inchicore there was a good crowd just singing constantly. Now I don't know their personal situations but why don't those lads stand together and sing in the Showgrounds???? The whole inter necine stuff is ridiculous. We're top of the league, pushing for the title and the atmopshere is ****e at home!! It should be a 12th man like it was back in 94...

Rovers1
26/08/2005, 6:45 PM
There was a bit of that at inchicore, not too much but the lads to the right were telling the lads drumming to keep it down as they were "drowning out their own fans".

i actually meant between Rovers fans and the opposition fans :(

Da Real Rover
26/08/2005, 7:12 PM
If half the people who are on about atmosphere here were in the shed and singin there hearts out then we wouldnt have the problem, but it is better crack on the road. Did anyone think that the problem might be that no one travels to the showgrounds and why do ya bother singin to empty space. I know we should sing for the team but its not the same crack.

Conor H
26/08/2005, 10:34 PM
If half the people who are on about atmosphere here were in the shed and singin there hearts out then we wouldnt have the problem, but it is better crack on the road. Did anyone think that the problem might be that no one travels to the showgrounds and why do ya bother singin to empty space. I know we should sing for the team but its not the same crack.
Hopefully we'll have a bus up to the showgrounds in october and i guarantee if were there we'll get an atmosphere going with the drums and a bit of colour. ;)
I do agree though that the worst thing abot the 1st division is that only Galway,Sligo and Limerick have away support.It's much better winning if ya can pull the **** out of the away fans. :D

sligoman
26/08/2005, 11:23 PM
Hopefully we'll have a bus up to the showgrounds in october and i guarantee if were there we'll get an atmosphere going with the drums and a bit of colour. ;)Nobody cares what ye "think" ye'll do in the Showgrounds:rolleyes:. I thought you were finished trolling? :confused: :mad:

Conor H
27/08/2005, 9:31 AM
Nobody cares what ye "think" ye'll do in the Showgrounds:rolleyes:. I thought you were finished trolling? :confused: :mad:
...was i trolling.I responded to a reply which stated that it's better to have away fans to create an atmosphere.I just said that i agreed and hopefully there would be a good atmosphere when we played each other in the showgrounds. :confused:

sligoman
27/08/2005, 12:12 PM
You were trying to provoke Rovers fans by bragging that we'll create an atmosphere when we come down if there's a bus load of us. If ye cant create a good atmosphere at home then how will ye do it away? :confused:

Aaron GUFC
27/08/2005, 4:41 PM
we did make an atmosphere, we were chanting all the time, all we heard from sligo was the most creative chant ever "the rovers" you sang that about 3 times and even when you sang it, we sang who are ya and you couldnt even be heard ^ _ ^

TRUE and Sligo's chanting was very high pitched also , Lucky draw that day aswell ;) :rolleyes:

sligoman
27/08/2005, 4:49 PM
I suppose this isn't trolling either? :confused:

Redtop
27/08/2005, 8:58 PM
wat did ye think of the atmosphere tonight? even the people in the new stand were singin :confused: :confused:

sligoman
27/08/2005, 9:58 PM
wat did ye think of the atmosphere tonight? even the people in the new stand were singin :confused: :confused:Yep, unbelievable! :D :)

Redtop
27/08/2005, 11:26 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: not being smart :rolleyes: but fuc k off back to your own forum and stop wreckin our heads

sligoman
27/08/2005, 11:34 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: not being smart :rolleyes: but fuc k off back to your own forum and stop wreckin our headsI second that. Why do ye have to post here? :confused: I mean it's not as if we're playing ye soon or anything and ye want to comment on the match :rolleyes:

The Stars
27/08/2005, 11:38 PM
Fcuk the atmoshere in the Brandywell,im getting a thread about the atmosphere in the showgrounds.

1 9 2 8
28/08/2005, 1:17 AM
We don't care about ye or how much noise ye make in your poverty struck county or anywhere else. This is an SRFC forum (AKA connachts only club) so could ye kindly píss off back to what ever shít hole ye came from :)