PDA

View Full Version : O'Neill injured again

Éanna
10/04/2002, 12:51 PM
from soccercentral.ie (http://www.soccercentral.ie/viewstory.asp?id=6861&mainheading=Other&viewstory=yes)

O'Neill's career in doubt

Keith O’Neill’s career is on the line after the unfortunate Dubliner broke his leg in two places in a freak training ground accident.

Battling back from yet another problem, this one a troublesome hip injury, O’Neill was quietly hopeful that he could regain match fitness in time to put hi name in the hat as potential cover for Ian Harte at left-full in the Irish World Cup squad.

But this latest accident has put his future in football in doubt, never mind a place on the plane for Japan.

“He caught his foot in the turf and went to block a shot but his foot stuck there and he broke his leg in two places,” said teammate Jay Boothroyd.

“It was horrendous because the bone was sticking out of his leg and he was screaming with pain,” he added.

“Keith was really brave. He's very strong mentally and he's sustained a few injuries in his time so I'm sure he'll come back stronger than ever.

MikeW
10/04/2002, 1:29 PM
The guy really should just retire. In fact he should have retired after the time he injured hinself taking a fitness test. To be honest, I've never seen anything like this guy before, he could probably injure himself in his sleep.

Éanna
10/04/2002, 5:24 PM
Yeah, he's been injured more than he's played- your heart would go out to the guy, but he's bound to do himself permanent damage soon if he keeps going.

Pablo
11/04/2002, 9:26 AM
Its a pity, after that goal against Croatia, i think everyone expected big things from him..............

The Legend
18/04/2002, 8:46 PM
Thats a guy who deserves a testimonial if anyone ever had one!
Poor Feicer.... my heart goes out to him.

wiseman
19/04/2002, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by MikeW
The guy really should just retire. In fact he should have retired after the time he injured hinself taking a fitness test. To be honest, I've never seen anything like this guy before, he could probably injure himself in his sleep.

Looks like he is challanging Jamie Redknapp for the 'least played most injured' footballer award. :D
Here's hoping he did well in his Leaving Cert.

SÓC
19/04/2002, 1:42 PM
He must be running out of injuries to get. He's had everything except for spontaneous human combustion.

I wonder what Coventry were thinking when they actually paid out money for him?????

Pablo
19/04/2002, 1:51 PM
i suppose they were just taking a gamble....if the injuries has cleared up he could have proved to be a good buy