PDA

View Full Version : TG4 to screen 6 live games over next 5 weeks

Poor Student
19/08/2005, 3:17 PM
Dunno if anyone has posted this yet. From eleven-a-side:

Six of the best from TG4

August 19, 2005

Irish language broadcaster TG4 has confirmed that it will be carrying live coverage of six eircom League and FAI Carlsberg Cup matches over the next five weekends.

TG4 started their carnival of domestic soccer fare with the meeting of St Patrick’s Athletic and Derry City last week, when title-chasing Derry needed a late goal from Mark Farren to take a point.

The channel will send its outside broadcast unit to Oriel Park in Dundalk next Friday night (August 26th) for the first game on the new playing surface at the border town venue, an FAI Cup third round meeting between the home side and their County Louth rivals Drogheda United.

A week later, the TG4 cameras will be at Flancare Park as Longford Town take on Waterford United in a Premier Division clash which represents a repeat of last season’s FAI Carlsberg Cup final pairing.

Seven days later, league leaders Cork City meet Bray Wanderers at Turners Cross in front of the televisual glare, while full details have yet to be confirmed for the remaining three live TV offerings – a Premier Division game on Friday September 16th, and two FAI Carlsberg Cup quarter-finals on the weekend of September 23rd and 24th.

Sacar Beo, which begins each Friday at 7.30pm, will be presented by Richie O’Hara with commentary by Garry Mac Donncha and Charlie McGeever.

TG4 live televised matches:

Friday August 26th:
FAI Carlsberg Cup 3rd Round: Dundalk v Drogheda United, Oriel Park, 7.45pm

Friday September 2nd:
eircom League Premier Division: Longford Town v Waterford United, Flancare Park, 7.45pm

Friday September 9th:
eircom League Premier Division: Cork City v Bray Wanderers, Turner’s Cross, 7.45pm

Friday September 16th:
eircom League Premier Division: Fixture to be confirmed

Friday September 23rd:
FAI Carlsberg Cup Quarter-final: Fixture to be confirmed

Saturday September 24th:
FAI Carlsberg Cup Quarter-final: Fixture to be confirmed

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Will RTE be showing any 3rd round or quarter final FAI Cup ties?

thejollyrodger
19/08/2005, 5:16 PM
excellent stuff !!

sligoman
19/08/2005, 6:52 PM
Will RTE be showing any 3rd round or quarter final FAI Cup ties?I got an e-mail from RTE yesterday here it is:

In response to your e-mail, I wish to advise that RTÉ only has the rights to screen 3 FAI Cup matches this season, and that with that in mind those matches will be towards the latter stages of the competition.
Your support of RTÉ is appreciated.

Kind Regards

Brigitte (Murphy)
RTÉ Communications

Poor Student
19/08/2005, 6:53 PM
I got an e-mail from RTE yesterday here it is:

In response to your e-mail, I wish to advise that RTÉ only has the rights to screen 3 FAI Cup matches this season, and that with that in mind those matches will be towards the latter stages of the competition.
Your support of RTÉ is appreciated.

Kind Regards

Brigitte (Murphy)
RTÉ Communications

i.e. the semis and the final?

sligoman
19/08/2005, 7:02 PM
i.e. the semis and the final?I presume so, or maybe one quarter, one semi and the final?

Xlex
20/08/2005, 9:09 AM
I feel the same way I do about the exclusive GAA| Rugby action that RTE get.

TG4 show the unglamourous stages of competitions and when the competitions get bigger and better RTE put the gas down and televise it. TG4, the real national broadcaster!

Wish they got the significent part of our licence fee.

MariborKev
20/08/2005, 9:46 AM
Anyone who has the chance, drop them a wee email to congratulate them.

These companies love having thier ego smoothed and fair play once more to TG4

thejollyrodger
20/08/2005, 11:06 AM
fair play tg4, they are showing up tv3 and rte !! what is their email address btw ?

Rory H
20/08/2005, 11:09 AM
should be showing rovers st pats saturday though

so if we win we will be on tv next game.....ooooohhhh

harpskid
20/08/2005, 11:28 AM
Friday September 16th:
eircom League Premier Division: Fixture to be confirmed

Harps-Rovers to be moved back to the Friday, perhaps?? The aul outside broadcast unit should take a wee spin to Finn Park!

Any other big games on that weekend..

sligoman
20/08/2005, 11:31 AM
what is their email address btw ?I e-mailed them to ask them a question and they didn't even reply so **** them, I'm not going to praise them in another e-mail :mad:

thejollyrodger
20/08/2005, 12:58 PM
low lifes