PDA

View Full Version : Sickening anti Dublin bias from TV companys continue

Slash/ED
19/08/2005, 3:16 PM

Six of the best from TG4 (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/faicup/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=18752)

August 19, 2005

Irish language broadcaster TG4 has confirmed that it will be carrying live coverage of six eircom League and FAI Carlsberg Cup matches over the next five weekends.

TG4 started their carnival of domestic soccer fare with the meeting of St Patrick’s Athletic and Derry City last week, when title-chasing Derry needed a late goal from Mark Farren to take a point.

The channel will send its outside broadcast unit to Oriel Park in Dundalk next Friday night (August 26th) for the first game on the new playing surface at the border town venue, an FAI Cup third round meeting between the home side and their County Louth rivals Drogheda United.

A week later, the TG4 cameras will be at Flancare Park as Longford Town take on Waterford United in a Premier Division clash which represents a repeat of last season’s FAI Carlsberg Cup final pairing.

Seven days later, league leaders Cork City meet Bray Wanderers at Turners Cross in front of the televisual glare, while full details have yet to be confirmed for the remaining three live TV offerings – a Premier Division game on Friday September 16th, and two FAI Carlsberg Cup quarter-finals on the weekend of September 23rd and 24th.
Sacar Beo, which begins each Friday at 7.30pm, will be presented by Richie O’Hara with commentary by Garry Mac Donncha and Charlie McGeever.

TG4 live televised matches:

Friday August 26th:
FAI Carlsberg Cup 3rd Round: Dundalk v Drogheda United, Oriel Park, 7.45pm

Friday September 2nd:
eircom League Premier Division: Longford Town v Waterford United, Flancare Park, 7.45pm

Friday September 9th:
eircom League Premier Division: Cork City v Bray Wanderers, Turner’s Cross, 7.45pm

Friday September 16th:
eircom League Premier Division: Fixture to be confirmed

Friday September 23rd:
FAI Carlsberg Cup Quarter-final: Fixture to be confirmed

Saturday September 24th:
FAI Carlsberg Cup Quarter-final: Fixture to be confirmed

Dee75
19/08/2005, 3:21 PM
Sure no Dublin clubs are in the running for honours this season in the league so get used to it!!!!!

About time they knew there are roads out of Dublin :)

Pablo
19/08/2005, 3:33 PM
about bloody time. Dublin football is dead.

a country rejoices

Breifne
19/08/2005, 3:49 PM
Sure no Dublin clubs are in the running for honours this season in the league so get used to it!!!!!

About time they knew there are roads out of Dublin :)

I support one of the Dublin Clubs, and feel that it is good for the league to have more exposure for the clubs as a whole. Fair play to TG4 for showing these games, and especially for giving the league a more national feel.

hoops1
19/08/2005, 3:52 PM
The more football from outside the Pale the better
Clubs outside Dublin need coverage to!
Should be more games from Cork,Derry,Sligo,Galway,Harps and Dundalk
Because they all have a good fan base!

strangeirish
19/08/2005, 4:00 PM
The more football from outside the Pale the better
Clubs outside Dublin need coverage to!
Should be more games from Cork,Derry,Sligo,Galway,Harps and Dundalk
Because they all have a good fan base!

And Kildare too. All five of us demand it!!!!!

hoops1
19/08/2005, 4:31 PM
Instead of showing Longford they
will be showing re-runs of Ros na Run
Better viewing figures!

Dyl10
20/08/2005, 12:25 AM
The T.V companys are showing the teams that are most likely to be watched!! Which is fair enough, because I definatley wouldn't want to be stuck watching some crap game between Harps and Bogford!!

sligoman
20/08/2005, 12:28 AM
An absolute disgrace. We should bombard the station with emails & letters immediately. (Do they understand English or do we have to write them in Irish only ??)lol, interesting that you should say that. I e-mailed them about a month ago now about televising a certain game and after 2 weeks I got no reply, so I e-mailed them again saying are ye going to reply to my e-mail or should I have wrote it in English? :D

BohDiddley
20/08/2005, 1:31 PM
What's your problem? Sure aren't Bray and Drogheda in there? :D

hoopy
20/08/2005, 7:57 PM
Glad to see the anti-Longford bias continues !! Stop, you'll give us a persecution complex :eek:

If any of the TV stations do show Longford, will they have to pay their fee in travellers cheques?