PDA

View Full Version : Westlife star admits he's gay.

sligoman
19/08/2005, 12:57 PM
Westlife singer Mark Feehily has revealed he is gay.

The Irish-born singer said the time was right to let people know the truth.

He said: "I am gay and I'm very proud of who I am. I'm not asking for any sympathy or to be a role model to anyone else."

He added he was not worried about how people will react because he was happy being himself.

"My close friends and family, the people I love, have been incredibly supportive to me and that's what really matters."

Feehily, 25, from Sligo, north west Ireland, is currently in a long-term relationship with singer Kevin McDaid, 21, who was in a boyband called V.

Feehily said all the band members have been very supportive.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eire06
19/08/2005, 1:02 PM
I'm heartbroken..
Such a hottie :( What a waste :(

sligoman
19/08/2005, 1:06 PM
I'm heartbroken..
Such a hottie :( What a waste :(But he's from Sligo, surely you couldn't like one of us huns? :confused:

Eire06
19/08/2005, 1:13 PM
But he's from Sligo, surely you couldn't like one of us huns? :confused:
He's an exception to the rule... :D

Are you lot calling yourselves huns these days :rolleyes:

razor
19/08/2005, 1:15 PM
There was always a "whereas" about that fella.

sligoman
19/08/2005, 1:20 PM
Are you lot calling yourselves huns these days :rolleyes:Yeah, we are Krusty :D :cool:

noby
19/08/2005, 1:28 PM
I can see the headlines now

"Westlife star in 'I am gay' shocker"

"General Public in 'We don't care' shocker"

Anyone who ever utters the words " I'm not asking to be a role model to anyone else." has their head up their own hole anyway

sligoman
19/08/2005, 1:34 PM
Anyone who ever utters the words " I'm not asking to be a role model to anyone else." has their head up their own hole anywayDont agree with that at all. Mark was always the quiet one in Westlife, he never really bothered much with the press and never craved publicity.

Eire06
19/08/2005, 1:36 PM
Dont agree with that at all. Mark was always the quiet one in Westlife, he never really bothered much with the press and never craved publicity.

and anyway when your that good looking you can have your head whereve you want to put it :rolleyes:

fosterdollar
19/08/2005, 1:37 PM
and anyway when your that good looking you can have your head whereve you want to put it :rolleyes:
i reckon you'd be my ideal date...

Dublin12
19/08/2005, 1:43 PM
There was always a "whereas" about that fella.

you mean the other 3 can go in through the front door whereas the other 2 have to go in through the tradesmans entrance :confused:

Eire06
19/08/2005, 1:55 PM
i reckon you'd be my ideal date...
:eek:

Anto McC
19/08/2005, 2:15 PM
Lets be honest,Who was shocked by the news,Everybody knew

fosterdollar
19/08/2005, 2:17 PM
Lets be honest,Who was shocked by the news,Everybody knew
Not me. I'd have to have known who he was first.

hamish
19/08/2005, 2:35 PM
Sligay Rovers....................(snigger) :D

strangeirish
19/08/2005, 2:39 PM
I Feehily acted gay all the time... :D :D Like touchy Feehily and all!!!

sligoman
19/08/2005, 2:41 PM
Sligay Rovers....................(snigger) :D

I Feehily acted gay all the time... :D :DAnd this is the start of them :rolleyes:

hamish
19/08/2005, 2:45 PM
Like touchy Feehily and all!!!

Brilliant strangeirish LOL :D :D

I mean, that gay anthem "Go WEST" and "WESTlife". Says is all really. What more proof could one want. :D

Drumcondra Red
19/08/2005, 4:12 PM
I'm heartbroken..
Such a hottie :( What a waste :(

Am I not right in saying he's the odd looking fcuker??? Sure he always looked and acted gay, no real surprise there!!!

Anto McC
19/08/2005, 4:23 PM
Am I not right in saying he's the odd looking fcuker??? Sure he always looked and acted gay, no real surprise there!!!

You wouldn't say no though Rory,would you :D

Green Tribe
19/08/2005, 6:57 PM

Oh bugger, he was the fit one! The dark, ,but tall oone, i know shane smaller dark one is married. Ah, Eire06, i think we had him in the totty watch ! :eek: It is obvious they will brreak up soon, cos why would they wait until after their success to announce! Shame, but fair play to him to announce. Seems to be a pattern in these irish boy bands, always one! your wee man from boyzone and now mark!

seriouslt would not have thought he is gay, does not look or act.

Gerrit
19/08/2005, 8:07 PM
Some people think I'm gay as well, probably the high voice and make-up... People are thinking in stereotypes really about this, I mean it's not always the more feminin men that are gay...

I did not expect this, but then I am not into mainstream music so I don't know Westlife that well. Only their biggest hits you hear on the radio that often.

Fair play to him for coming out. If people would reveal their 'secret sides' a bit more, we'd have less taboos. Sometimes you need respected people to be the first ones to open people's eyes (the "but he's such a nice/intelligent man..." thing), so no problem for me if he would want to be a role model.
Sometimes people need to take that task to liberate the ones that bear the same cross and make it easier on the ones to come. I'd say despite the publicity outing yourself as "different" (no matter what sort of difference) will get you more negative effects than positive... Sadly enough.

As for this particular fella: would he be taking or giving ? :D

Green Tribe
19/08/2005, 8:11 PM
As for this particular fella: would he be taking or giving ? :D

well, if you look at his boyfriend, he seems to be the bitch so do your own homework :eek: :D :D

Gerrit
19/08/2005, 8:23 PM
Must have been hard for him when they did their gigs sitting on a barstool :D

CollegeTillIDie
20/08/2005, 8:50 AM
Isn't He Louis Walsh's candidate as best singer in that band? :D

sligoman
20/08/2005, 10:47 AM
Isn't He Louis Walsh's candidate as best singer in that band? :DNo, that's Shane Filan

Aldini98
22/08/2005, 3:10 PM
No, that's Shane Filan

They're all gay actualy. Filan defo is, marriage is a sham, kinda like Keatings. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

gustavo
22/08/2005, 10:46 PM
not sure about filan but louis definetly could be described using the same adjective as a hamper containing strawberries , bananas , apples , pears , peaches , plums etc etc.