Athlone v Cobh
Galway v Kerry
Treaty v Bray
Waterford v Finn Harps

Saturday 1st July

Longford v Wexford (19:30)

sbgawa
29/06/2023, 7:38 AM
Its amasing that Russell is still at Sligo , im guessing they didnt want to knee jerk sack him after the UCD result but id bet if Sligo lose to Bohs it might be the end.
Rovers need a big lead heading into Europe so a win at Dundalk is vital.

forza rovers
29/06/2023, 7:52 AM
Its amasing that Russell is still at Sligo , im guessing they didnt want to knee jerk sack him after the UCD result but id bet if Sligo lose to Bohs it might be the end.
Rovers need a big lead heading into Europe so a win at Dundalk is vital. it should have been, he's managed to get us dragged into a relegation battle.

outspoken
29/06/2023, 1:06 PM
If we lose Saturday season is approaching a write off

El-Pietro
29/06/2023, 1:47 PM
Absolutely massive game for us at the Cross this week. Its about as close to a must win as you can get this early in the season. During our little winning streak we didn't make a huge amount of ground on Drogs aside from when we beat them in Drogheda, as they kept getting results. Chance tomorrow to leapfrog them and Sligo.

Dermobohs
29/06/2023, 7:55 PM
it should have been, he's managed to get us dragged into a relegation battle.
Is it affecting your home gates forza?
Think we’ll bring about 400 or so up, be interesting to see the home attendance

joey B
29/06/2023, 7:56 PM
Galway are 1/400 tommorow against Kerry!

Longfordian
29/06/2023, 8:08 PM

I'm putting 10 grand on.

Stuttgart88
30/06/2023, 11:02 AM
Any updates on the severity or otherwise of Rovers' unjuries, Farrugia & Byrne in particular? When are Gary O'neill and Aaron Greene fit again? I'm less fussed about Mannus as Pohls looks to be growing in confidence.

WeAreRovers
30/06/2023, 11:18 AM
Any updates on the severity or otherwise of Rovers' unjuries, Farrugia & Byrne in particular? When are Gary O'neill and Aaron Greene fit again? I'm less fussed about Mannus as Pohls looks to be growing in confidence.

Neil Farrugia and Jack Byrne were forced off with injury against Derry, what’s the latest on them? And how long will Lee Grace be out for?

“Neil will definitely miss tomorrow but we don’t think he’s too bad. Hopefully he’ll be back for next week. Jack is 50-50, and it’s probably a bit early for Lee. We’re looking at next week for him.”

Will Gary O’Neill and Ronan Finn be involved on Friday and is anyone else missing besides Trevor and Big Al?

“Gary will be out, but Ronan is OK. We’ll have to check on everyone else in the morning and there are no suspensions.”

https://www.shamrockrovers.ie/2023/06/29/team-news-away-vs-dundalk-30-06-23/

oriel
30/06/2023, 12:15 PM
it should have been, he's managed to get us dragged into a relegation battle.

Do Sligo not have 6-8 players out injured though?

oriel
30/06/2023, 12:18 PM

Its listed as 1/100 now with PP.

Still mental odds

oriel
30/06/2023, 12:19 PM
Neil Farrugia and Jack Byrne were forced off with injury against Derry, what’s the latest on them? And how long will Lee Grace be out for?

“Neil will definitely miss tomorrow but we don’t think he’s too bad. Hopefully he’ll be back for next week. Jack is 50-50, and it’s probably a bit early for Lee. We’re looking at next week for him.”

Will Gary O’Neill and Ronan Finn be involved on Friday and is anyone else missing besides Trevor and Big Al?

“Gary will be out, but Ronan is OK. We’ll have to check on everyone else in the morning and there are no suspensions.”

I'd still think Rovers will be too strong for Dundalk tonight, would snap hand off you for a draw now !

We may have collected 10 from last 12 points on offer, but all all bar Pats were teams below us, then again we were also behind in all 4 and won 3 of them !

Stuttgart88
30/06/2023, 12:39 PM

Thanks. I was worried about Farrugia given his history.

brendy_éire
30/06/2023, 2:00 PM
Its listed as 1/100 now with PP.

Still mental odds

1/50 now. Crisis in the Galway camp, it seems.

Going to stick my neck out of the line here and say that this match in Tolka will be an absolute borefest.
Neither team are likely to concede, and both are about as likely score. Apparently we have Duffy, Patching and P McEleney back in training, but not in time to be ready for this one.

Pat's will surely move into second place if we fail to win, so bit more pressure on Higgins.

Maybe it's been covered, but is there a reason for Sligo playing on Friday?

RealJohn91
30/06/2023, 3:24 PM
Supposedly it got moved to Friday cause Bohs are playing Shels in the LSC on Monday

sbgawa
30/06/2023, 5:54 PM
No farrugia. Byrne, Burke, finn, gaffney
......I'd take a point

legendz
30/06/2023, 6:07 PM
Still mental oddsAn evening to park the bus.

brendy_éire
30/06/2023, 6:56 PM
Supposedly it got moved to Friday cause Bohs are playing Shels in the LSC on Monday

Seems a bit unfair to Sligo. Could the LSC match not be played on the Tuesday?

joey B
30/06/2023, 7:12 PM
Harps 3 down after 22 minutes,management of the team is seriously poor…

culloty82
30/06/2023, 7:40 PM
Kerry performing very respectably in Galway so far, but the odds are still against them regaining parity.

The Bowler
30/06/2023, 8:18 PM
It's time for Andy Myler to fall on his sword, it's embarrassing.

sbgawa
30/06/2023, 8:21 PM
Rovers got exactly what i expected tonight.
We havent a hope of winning the league if we make group stages.
second 11 not up to it.

Best thing that could happen us is to lose round 1 and get knocked out round 2

Calcio Jack
30/06/2023, 8:34 PM
second 11 not up to it.

Best thing that could happen us is to lose round 1 and get knocked out round 2

Missing: Mannus, Clarke, Finn,Byrne, Farugia, O’Neill & Grace - so effectively a reserve side this evening - so no surprise at result but pathetic defending by Lopes and Cleary for second goal

SPXcyan
30/06/2023, 8:38 PM
6-1 at the RSC, Coughlan with two more goals which means 21 so far overall.

joey B
30/06/2023, 8:39 PM
Waterford have scored 17 goals in 3 games against us,total naivety from the manager and a bit embarassing tbh,jury very much out on him.....

legendz
30/06/2023, 8:40 PM
Kerry performing very respectably in Galway so far, but the odds are still against them regaining parity.They sure did. Left at least a point behind. Great save by the Galway keeper. Massive improvement from earlier in the season. Will be hoping for some July addition now to see results improve for the rest of the season.

dundalkfc10
30/06/2023, 8:47 PM
Missing: Mannus, Clarke, Finn,Byrne, Farugia, O’Neill & Grace - so effectively a reserve side this evening - so no surprise at result but pathetic defending by Lopes and Cleary for second goal

Hoban bullied them all evening. They wernt fit to handle him

Nesta99
30/06/2023, 8:50 PM
That was the more complete performance that Dundalk have showed in spells. Do it more consistantly and it will be a decent season! This league is still all over the place....have to back it up in what is another key game next, push Bohs dip in form a bit deeper. Few extra bodies available and things looking up again with 10 from last 12 points I think.

Calcio Jack
30/06/2023, 8:52 PM
Hoban bullied them all evening. They wernt fit to handle him
The awful thing was he didn’t have to bully them for the goal …. They just failed to get their ‘calls’ right and let him drift in between him…. As for the rest of the game Hoban didn’t do much and last few times I’ve seen him he’s start to look like the years are catching up as he only seems to play in spurts … real pity he didn’t join us 3 years ago ; still in fairness you have to admire his loyalty

Bohtastic
30/06/2023, 8:52 PM
Bohs absolutely dire tonight. Sligo were worth the points but we made it WAY too easy for them. Conditions seeme ****e, but same for both teams they played it so much bettter. Beginiing to get a deja vu feeling.

D24Saint
30/06/2023, 8:55 PM
Fair play to our lads they kept at UCD to complete the rout. I hate UCD bashing but tonight was just embarrassing from a premier division club.

ontheotherhand
30/06/2023, 8:56 PM
We've been a mess since the break. Europes is coming at a bad time.

kksaints
30/06/2023, 8:59 PM
7-0 probably should have been more, UCD are going down. Melia and Lonergan got their first goals for us.

Jd2793
30/06/2023, 8:59 PM
city were appalling against drogs. an absolute miracle we robbed a point off them. i really have no clue how they are 3rd from bottom. a much better team than their position suggests.

Dermobohs
30/06/2023, 9:00 PM
Yeah well, we have one poor full back on the left , a centre back on the right, a keeper carrying a knock all night, Radkowski is a coward, windy as ****, the other lad Nowak dosent really give a ****e, McDonnell is sloooow and Twardek is just poor. They all started. Sligo to be fair just played ball and won in a canter, best of luck to them, Devine needs to ship out some deadwood and quickly sign at least three dirty ****ers. We’re too soft.

brendy_éire
30/06/2023, 9:08 PM
second 11 not up to it.

Crazy talk. Nobody else is capable of winning the league.

Second half in Tolka actually provided some entertainment, though the first was a hard slog.
Draw a fair result. Annoying red for O'Reilly. Not a red, slipped as he was going in for a (late) challenge. Understand that it may have looked bad in real time, mind.

How do UCD go from beating Sligo one week, to a hiding the next?
Conversely, how do Sligo go from losing to UCD to beating Bohs handily?

redarmyfaction
30/06/2023, 9:09 PM
Is it affecting your home gates forza?
Think we’ll bring about 400 or so up, be interesting to see the home attendance

3200 or something close was announced, decent crowd given the night and our recent form.

pineapple stu
30/06/2023, 9:10 PM
Fair play to our lads they kept at UCD to complete the rout. I hate UCD bashing but tonight was just embarrassing from a premier division club.
Meh - hard to argue against it in fairness. We can't even say we had a young team out given a 15-year-old is scoring against us (albeit one who looks a serious prospect)

Though we beat Sligo last week who beat Bohs this week, so ye should rack up double digits when ye meet Bohs. I'm fairly sure that's how football works

FTA-1895
30/06/2023, 9:28 PM
Crazy talk. Nobody else is capable of winning the league.

Second half in Tolka actually provided some entertainment, though the first was a hard slog.
Draw a fair result. Annoying red for O'Reilly. Not a red, slipped as he was going in for a (late) challenge. Understand that it may have looked bad in real time, mind.

Very hard to see Derry winning the league. Pats have more chance of catching Rovers than Derry but can't see that happening.
I'd agree with your thoughts on the game, poor first half, slightly improved second half with a cracking Derry goal but it was 100% a red card. Player threw an elbow and knew exactly what he was doing

Louth4sam
30/06/2023, 9:31 PM

Benson, Boyle, Mountney, Elliot all injured and a couple of our starters carrying injuries too.

Tulloch and Williams gone back from loan spells.

Kiki Balboa
30/06/2023, 10:01 PM
Rovers bullied at Oriel tonight. Without Jack Byrne, they are very average. Every team is missing players and the Rovers 11 is still as experienced as it gets in this league, (apart from maybe Pohls). Rovers have spent a lot of money on those players tonight over the last few windows, yet they look pretty dross. Best players were Gaffney amd Towell, two lads coming into the their mid 30s.

One of those games for Dundalk were you question were was that performance for the past couple of months. Hoban bossed the Rover three center halfs, and really pressed well as a team.

Guess there is a title race now with Pats and Rovers, only 4 points, but I wonder how much the gap has closed since Daly took over.

Terrible weekend for Bohs and Derry. Both are falling off their respective season aims at the moment.

ontheotherhand
30/06/2023, 10:20 PM
Dundalk fans are getting a bit carried away but they won so I don't blame them.

Realistically both teams were pretty bad. Rovers had more of the ball, more shots, more passes (https://www.google.com/search?q=dundalkv+rovers&rlz=1C5CHFA_enUS849US850&sxsrf=AB5stBi8FZc8WOO78fVeBge_apjHn5zxiw%3A1688163 307276&ei=61OfZKy5ENiE0PEPkf6dgA8&ved=0ahUKEwjs2oKyguz_AhVYAjQIHRF_B_AQ4dUDCBA&uact=5&oq=dundalkv+rovers&gs_lcp=Cgxnd3Mtd2l6LXNlcnAQAzIHCAAQDRCABDIICAAQHhA NEA8yCAgAEB4QDRAPMgYIABAWEB4yBggAEBYQHjIICAAQCBAeE A0yCAgAEAgQHhANMggIABAIEB4QDTIICAAQCBAeEA0yCAgAEAg QHhANOgcIIxCwAxAnOgoIABBHENYEELADOgoIABCKBRCwAxBDO g0IABDkAhDWBBCwAxgBOg8ILhCKBRDIAxCwAxBDGAI6BwguEIo FECc6BAgjECc6BwgAEIoFEEM6CwgAEIoFELEDEIMBOgUIABCAB DoECAAQAzoTCC4QigUQlwUQ3AQQ3gQQ4AQYAzoLCC4QgwEQsQM QgAQ6EQguEIMBEK8BEMcBELEDEIAEOgcIIxCxAhAnOg0ILhCAB BCxAxCDARAKOhMILhCDARCvARDHARCxAxCABBAKOgYIABADEA0 6DQguEA0QgAQQxwEQrwE6GwguEA0QgAQQxwEQrwEQlwUQ3AQQ3 gQQ4AQYA0oECEEYAFDwBFj-DmCOD2gBcAF4AIABuwKIAZwMkgEHMS43LjEuMZgBAKABAcABAc gBEdoBBggBEAEYCdoBBggCEAEYCNoBBggDEAEYFA&sclient=gws-wiz-serp#sie=m;/g/11tn9t2g95;2;/m/0274c50;dt;fp;1;;;) etc but Dundalk were clinical with their 2 on target and we decided to be offside all night. Felt like it was either gonna be 0-0 or 1-0 via a scrappy goal for either team but I was never feeling like we were under much pressure despite playing poorly. It was an awful game of football either side could have handed the other.

placid casual
30/06/2023, 10:27 PM
Missed the game as I'm in Lisbon eating great food which is really cheap and dancing in the streets to pimba music whilst drinking dirt cheap cocktails.
Checked my phone to see the Rovers score and people around me wondering why I'm ****ing myself laughing at the media reports on dundalk putting a dent in Rovers chances of winning the league... ????

Jack B
30/06/2023, 10:35 PM
I think the job Daly is doing deserves great credit because despite being assistant previously he is night and day from Clancy...but that was extremely rough from UCD tonight. Feel like on a normal day a team keeps it respectable against them but we had young lads wanting to fill their boots out there and that made things even more ugly.

Kiki Balboa
30/06/2023, 10:46 PM
Dundalk fans are getting a bit carried away but they won so I don't blame them.

Realistically both teams were pretty bad. Rovers had more of the ball, more shots, more passes (https://www.google.com/search?q=dundalkv+rovers&rlz=1C5CHFA_enUS849US850&sxsrf=AB5stBi8FZc8WOO78fVeBge_apjHn5zxiw%3A1688163 307276&ei=61OfZKy5ENiE0PEPkf6dgA8&ved=0ahUKEwjs2oKyguz_AhVYAjQIHRF_B_AQ4dUDCBA&uact=5&oq=dundalkv+rovers&gs_lcp=Cgxnd3Mtd2l6LXNlcnAQAzIHCAAQDRCABDIICAAQHhA NEA8yCAgAEB4QDRAPMgYIABAWEB4yBggAEBYQHjIICAAQCBAeE A0yCAgAEAgQHhANMggIABAIEB4QDTIICAAQCBAeEA0yCAgAEAg QHhANOgcIIxCwAxAnOgoIABBHENYEELADOgoIABCKBRCwAxBDO g0IABDkAhDWBBCwAxgBOg8ILhCKBRDIAxCwAxBDGAI6BwguEIo FECc6BAgjECc6BwgAEIoFEEM6CwgAEIoFELEDEIMBOgUIABCAB DoECAAQAzoTCC4QigUQlwUQ3AQQ3gQQ4AQYAzoLCC4QgwEQsQM QgAQ6EQguEIMBEK8BEMcBELEDEIAEOgcIIxCxAhAnOg0ILhCAB BCxAxCDARAKOhMILhCDARCvARDHARCxAxCABBAKOgYIABADEA0 6DQguEA0QgAQQxwEQrwE6GwguEA0QgAQQxwEQrwEQlwUQ3AQQ3 gQQ4AQYA0oECEEYAFDwBFj-DmCOD2gBcAF4AIABuwKIAZwMkgEHMS43LjEuMZgBAKABAcABAc gBEdoBBggBEAEYCdoBBggCEAEYCNoBBggDEAEYFA&sclient=gws-wiz-serp#sie=m;/g/11tn9t2g95;2;/m/0274c50;dt;fp;1;;;) etc but Dundalk were clinical with their 2 on target and we decided to be offside all night. Felt like it was either gonna be 0-0 or 1-0 via a scrappy goal for either team but I was never feeling like we were under much pressure despite playing poorly. It was an awful game of football either side could have handed the other.

Dundalk were happy to sit deep and try quick transitions when winning the ball back. Felt there was only going to be one winner in the game. First time I seen a flat 5 formation in a game with competitve teams, but it worked well. O'Donnell is anything but wielded to his formations.

Rovers took a lot of pot-shots from way out that weren't going to trouble anyone. I think the post above shows how stats can hide a story of a game. Rovers can move the ball quickly in midfield though, but yeah it lack of discipline with offsides hurt them. Yous were marked better when Gaffney came on. But it is surprising how quickly Rovers ran out of ideas in the game, hence the long range shots. Cleary and Hoare were terrible.

mcgonigle
30/06/2023, 10:49 PM
Missed the game as I'm in Lisbon eating great food which is really cheap and dancing in the streets to pimba music whilst drinking dirt cheap cocktails.
Checked my phone to see the Rovers score and people around me wondering why I'm ****ing myself laughing at the media reports on dundalk putting a dent in Rovers chances of winning the league... ????

That's lovely, hopefully you've convinced yourself that you're not fuming with the result.

I'll agree with you though it's still Rovers league as there is nothing to challenge them, league is dross (worst standard in years?).

Mistake from Bradley to bench Gaffney.

Rovers better hope they get their main man back before Europe. A shock on the cards in the land of ice and fire?

oriel
30/06/2023, 11:04 PM
Wasn't expecting that tonight from Dundalk ! Yes up against a depleted Rovers side but we lost Boyle before KO, and Benson, Mountney, Elliott all injured and Aflie Lewis only back on the bench so it was hard earned.

Well deserved too I think, that's 13 points from the last 15 on offer, some run when that includes Pats and Rovers.

Should be good prep for Dundalk going into europe after the Bohs game next week.

ontheotherhand
30/06/2023, 11:07 PM
Dundalk were happy to sit deep and try quick transitions when winning the ball back. Felt there was only going to be one winner in the game. First time I seen a flat 5 formation in a game with competitve teams, but it worked well. O'Donnell is anything but wielded to his formations.

Rovers took a lot of pot-shots from way out that weren't going to trouble anyone. I think the post above shows how stats can hide a story of a game. Rovers can move the ball quickly in midfield though, but yeah it lack of discipline with offsides hurt them. Yous were marked better when Gaffney came on. But it is surprising how quickly Rovers ran out of ideas in the game, hence the long range shots. Cleary and Hoare were terrible.

I think you're getting a bit blinded by the scoreline Kiki. Fair enough I suppose but it was far more even than that. Scores can hide the story of a game as well but I'd rather have them than the stats in my favour. We had the ball in the net in the first half but Gannon must have been worried about pigs head flying and decided to drift offside for it.

Definitely better when Gaffney came on all the same and I'd agree on Cleary if not Hoare. Worst I've seen Cleary play. He looked completely lost and his decision making was abysmal.

oriel
30/06/2023, 11:08 PM

On the bright side, its a lovely city PC, was there once for long w/e in 2017, one of my fav short break jobs.

Have a Super Bock on us !