PDA

View Full Version : Evening Herald

Arsene About
18/08/2005, 2:24 PM
Has anybody seen todays evening herald front cover "story" re Keano and his acting the lad a few years back? what a pointless story and hardly front page news. Since when has anyting Lee Sharpe said been front page news, never mind back page? He must be opening some two bob night club this weekend. Im not Keanes biggest fan by a long way but he hardly deserves another article like this on the front page of a national paper. Maybe this tabloid would be better off devoting some much space to the EL

Poor Student
18/08/2005, 2:30 PM
The Herald is an utter rag. Though they are one of the papers who give a bit more eL coverage than the others.

joeSoap
18/08/2005, 2:38 PM
to call the herald a rag is unfair to rags....its pure unadulterated rubbish-unquestionably the Daily Sport of Ireland without the tits...

thejollyrodger
18/08/2005, 3:01 PM
i stopped buying the herald ages ago because the muck they print. pathetic.

RMK is a legend. He will probably be the one most responsible for getting us through these next 3 matches and the fact that the scummy herald is dragging up stuff that happened years ago is pathetic.

Aldini98
18/08/2005, 3:26 PM
to call the herald a rag is unfair to rags....its pure unadulterated rubbish-unquestionably the Daily Sport of Ireland without the tits...

Well apart from the reporters that is :)

Shame though, tits rule !!!! :D :D :D :D

WeAreRovers
18/08/2005, 3:36 PM
Some good news - The Herald is in deep trouble and things are about to get worse with the launch of the new Metro freesheet in Dublin. It's already been a huge success in London as the Evening Standard will tell you.

KOH

Troy.McClure
18/08/2005, 3:38 PM
Just saw some of Keanes comments on eleven-a-side. Classic stuff! :D The guy's as sharp as a razor :p

ciaran76
18/08/2005, 3:40 PM
I really hate this excuse for a newspaper. I wouldn't even allow my dog p1ss on it :p :p

Why people buy it is beyond me :confused:

Conor H
18/08/2005, 4:04 PM
One thing i noticed is that it's always been giving out for free.It was given out at the races for free all week and yesterday coming into Dublin for the match it was been given out along the road.And still no one buys it. :rolleyes: :D

ciaran76
18/08/2005, 4:29 PM
One thing i noticed is that it's always been giving out for free.It was given out at the races for free all week and yesterday coming into Dublin for the match it was been given out along the road.And still no one buys it. :rolleyes: :D

I believe when they give it out for free they can use it in their figures for how many copies were shifted. :confused:

The shower of c-n-u-t-s :mad:

Poor Student
18/08/2005, 8:01 PM
My father owns a newagents and they sent us in a barrel load of papers. I think it counts as "papers issued" or something. We could throw in the bin anything from 50-100 a night. After agonisingly cutting off each individual barcode for returns. :mad:

hamish
18/08/2005, 9:02 PM
I believe when they give it out for free they can use it in their figures for how many copies were shifted. :confused:

The shower of c-n-u-t-s :mad:

Yeah, bulk sales are used to ..........er...........bulk up so called sales figures.

I remember, a year or two back, bundles of that rag were dumped in to a local newsagent to delivery to a local Vocational School which had closed two years before that.

He told the delivery man to shove those bundles up his ar$e.

CollegeTillIDie
19/08/2005, 10:35 PM
Yeah, bulk sales are used to ..........er...........bulk up so called sales figures.

I remember, a year or two back, bundles of that rag were dumped in to a local newsagent to delivery to a local Vocational School which had closed two years before that.

He told the delivery man to shove those bundles up his ar$e.

It's not actual sales figures more "readership" figures. The Independent gives free copies to certain branches of hotels too.

tetsujin1979
20/08/2005, 12:01 AM
There's one of the writers in the soccer pages, some of the poison he puts down on paper was enough to convince me to stop buying the rag for good.

CollegeTillIDie
20/08/2005, 7:47 AM
There's one of the writers in the soccer pages, some of the poison he puts down on paper was enough to convince me to stop buying the rag for good.
Give us a hint... the initials... you know you want to ... :D

tetsujin1979
20/08/2005, 11:37 PM
Give us a hint... the initials... you know you want to ... :D
Hmmmm, his name was mentioned in another thread as recently as this very weekend. That's all you're getting out of me!

OwlsFan
23/08/2005, 2:12 PM
I saw the story repeated in the Sunday Indo at the w/e. Fairly mild stuff about Roy Keane expressing his personal opinion in colourful terms about the abilities of some other professionals he met in a night club a few years back. Nothing sallacious or scandalous or maybe the Herald ran a different version and I thought Keane's comments were amusing.

Like it or not, it's the age we live in and any dirty linen, no matter how long it's been in the cupboard, will be published by most papers, and not just the Herald. The age of "reality" TV where someone asleep in bed can be televised for hours on end and gain huge audiences.