PDA

View Full Version : Niall Quinns 'missing' drink driving reports

joeSoap
18/08/2005, 11:42 AM
Anybody else find it strange or perhaps not so strange that ol' smarmy Niall's duplicate Garda report into his recent arrest for drink driving went walkabout??

The original paperwork is still there, but because the duplicates are gone, legal aces say that this will probably mean no prosecution due to a technicality.

Knowing him, he'll go into court and admit to it, make a contribution to charity and milk the kudos for being such a trustworthy do-gooder.

Throw away the key I say....interfering with evidence in such a big case....20 years minimum...or else just ban his smarmy mug from TV FOREVER!! :D ;)

monutdfc
18/08/2005, 11:49 AM
With you all the way Joe Soap. Unfortunately I reckon you're right about what will happen though.
Cannot stand him.
Plus it is claimed he was only just over the limit, yet the reason he was stopped was because another driver had reported to the gardai that his car was all over the road.

drummerboy
18/08/2005, 11:58 AM
Cannot stand him.

That statement says more about you than him.

I don't condone drink driving and think Niall Quinn should face the same punishment that other offerders do.

Up to now he has been a model sportsman, someone that kids can aspire to. Not like some of the degenerates playing football accross the water these days.

monutdfc
18/08/2005, 12:19 PM
I cannot stand him and never could. I don't need to apologise for that. He's boring and, as Joe Soap says, smarmy.
Some people can't stand Gay Byrne, some people love him. Ditto Pat Kenny, or Eamon Dunphy. People who make their living by being media personalities know that being disliked by some people goes with the job. One of the reasons I cannot stand Quinn is that he was always shaping up for a media career, always there with a quote about anything. Don't see how the fact that I can't stand him says anything about me, and even if does I don't really care.
He's rubbish as a Sky analyst - never says anything remotely controversial and provides no insight.
And although he'll probably get off on a technicality, the fact that he did indulge in drink driving perhaps betrays the fact that maybe he isn't the goody two-shoes he likes to present.

drummerboy
18/08/2005, 12:44 PM
I cannot stand him and never could. I don't need to apologise for that. He's boring and, as Joe Soap says, smarmy.
Some people can't stand Gay Byrne, some people love him. Ditto Pat Kenny, or Eamon Dunphy. People who make their living by being media personalities know that being disliked by some people goes with the job. One of the reasons I cannot stand Quinn is that he was always shaping up for a media career, always there with a quote about anything. Don't see how the fact that I can't stand him says anything about me, and even if does I don't really care.
He's rubbish as a Sky analyst - never says anything remotely controversial and provides no insight.
And although he'll probably get off on a technicality, the fact that he did indulge in drink driving perhaps betrays the fact that maybe he isn't the goody two-shoes he likes to present.

Him been boring or smarmy is your opinion. The man is obviously a decent person though, hence the donation of his testimonial money to charity. I don't agree with you assessment that he was always shaping up for the media because it is well known that he wanted to become a horse trainer after football. The guy is obviously well suited to media work, it wouldn\t take a rocket scientist to work that out. The fact is, unlike a lot of tv pundits he is quite articulate and doesn't go down the road of causing controversy for the sake of better ratings. As regards his portrayal of himself as a goody-two shoes, if you read his book he fully admits to excessive heavy drinking and late night clubbing during his early years in England. And is obviously still fond of his pint.

monutdfc
18/08/2005, 12:58 PM
Him been boring or smarmy is your opinion.

Won't deny for a second that it's only my opinion. Lots of people seem to like him.

The man is obviously a decent person though, hence the donation of his testimonial money to charity.
Won't disagree there.

doesn't go down the road of causing controversy for the sake of better ratings.
something of which he'll never be accused!

As regards his portrayal of himself as a goody-two shoes, if you read his book he fully admits to excessive heavy drinking and late night clubbing during his early years in England. And is obviously still fond of his pint.
I have actually read his book. I think he milks the drinking stories a bit. I wouldn't like to think how I'd come across if I condensed my college years into a few pages

Libero
18/08/2005, 8:23 PM
Am I the only person who thinks that scoring a vital goal in our first world cup finals against the Dutch entitles you to break the odd law and have a blind eye turned to it? I'd acquit Ray Houghton of murder on the back of the '88 header and the '94 lob any day! :)

sadloserkid
22/08/2005, 10:17 AM
As regards his portrayal of himself as a goody-two shoes.

Never held Gary Lineker or even Pat Bonner back.

CollegeTillIDie
23/08/2005, 8:06 PM
Did Cian O'Connor's horse nick the reports? :D