PDA

View Full Version : Bray V Harps

BrayZil
18/08/2005, 9:28 AM
This is a must win match for the Wanderers tomorrow night. Hopefully the lads have picked their selves up after the disappointment of last weeks defeat against Bohs. It won’t be an easy game for us but we have been playing well and I think we'll take all 3 points in the end. If we win, it will put us 10 points ahead of Harps and I think we should be safe. So what does everyone think our chances are?

I predict Bray to win 2-0

carrickharp
18/08/2005, 9:41 AM
Think we can get at least a draw, playing well so far under Gorman.

Roo69
18/08/2005, 9:44 AM
This is a must win match for the Wanderers tomorrow night. Hopefully the lads have picked their selves up after the disappointment of last weeks defeat against Bohs. It won’t be an easy game for us but we have been playing well and I think we'll take all 3 points in the end. If we win, it will put us 10 points ahead of Harps and I think we should be safe. So what does everyone think our chances are?

I predict Bray to win 2-0

I think last weeks result will work in our favour tomorrow night, we battered Bohs and should have won, the players couldnt believe it walking off. I think they will be really be up for it and out to prove a point, Especially Eamo, he missed a few really easy chances last week and will want to prove the doubters wrong, plus get back to the top of the scoring charts.

I hate making predictions like this but i reckon 4-1 :eek: :D :eek:

BrayZil
18/08/2005, 9:52 AM
I think last weeks result will work in our favour tomorrow night, we battered Bohs and should have won, the players couldnt believe it walking off. I think they will be really be up for it and out to prove a point, Especially Eamo, he missed a few really easy chances last week and will want to prove the doubters wrong, plus get back to the top of the scoring charts.

I hate making predictions like this but i reckon 4-1 :eek: :D :eek:

4-1 I like it! I hope your right! Do you have any team news? Any idea if giffy will be fit to play?

Roo69
18/08/2005, 11:00 AM
4-1 I like it! I hope your right! Do you have any team news? Any idea if giffy will be fit to play?

I don't think Giffy will be risked after the head injury suffered against Bohs, i reckon McGuinness will be back in the squad as well.

BrayZil
18/08/2005, 12:44 PM
That’s a big loss if he doesn’t play, Giffy was brilliant against Bohs. I presume Kevin O'Brien, Stephen Caffery and Collie James will still be out? Possibility Ryaner (if fit) will be in the squad too. Id like to see what Stuart Holt is like, I haven’t seen him in action yet.

Roo69
18/08/2005, 12:59 PM
That’s a big loss if he doesn’t play, Giffy was brilliant against Bohs. I presume Kevin O'Brien, Stephen Caffery and Collie James will still be out? Possibility Ryaner (if fit) will be in the squad too. Id like to see what Stuart Holt is like, I haven’t seen him in action yet.

Sorry yeah O'Brien and Caffo are struggling with injuries as well, not to sure about Collie, he played last Sunday against Belgrove so i presume he will be back in the squad. Was talking to Ryaner, who also played against Belgrove, he is dying with a cold so not to sure about him.

bray People also conformed that Hugh Davey has gone back to the states.

superfrank
18/08/2005, 12:59 PM
Longers on his way back too. A think win tomorrow will set us up for the Pats match. It'll give us confidence for it.

I think 2-0 us.

Roo69
18/08/2005, 1:04 PM
Think we can get at least a draw, playing well so far under Gorman.

I seen Harps play UCD out in Belfield a few weeks back, you did not play good football, neither did UCD thou.

If we play like we did against Derry and Bohs we will trounce you, but footballs a funny old game......

BrayZil
18/08/2005, 1:17 PM
Sorry yeah O'Brien and Caffo are struggling with injuries as well, not to sure about Collie, he played last Sunday against Belgrove so i presume he will be back in the squad. Was talking to Ryaner, who also played against Belgrove, he is dying with a cold so not to sure about him.

bray People also conformed that Hugh Davey has gone back to the states.

Just as well we have a big squad. Davey never really impressed me, not a big loss. Hopefully we can manage 3 wins in the space of a week!

Schumi
18/08/2005, 2:08 PM
I seen Harps play UCD out in Belfield a few weeks back, you did not play good football, neither did UCD thou.
In fairness neither did Bray the last time they were in Belfield.

Roo69
18/08/2005, 2:11 PM
In fairness neither did Bray the last time they were in Belfield.

and ?

Schumi
18/08/2005, 2:23 PM
and ?
And going by one game doesn't necessarily give you much of an insight into how a team is playing.

Roo69
18/08/2005, 2:27 PM
And going by one game doesn't necessarily give you much of an insight into how a team is playing.

Ive seen UCD on more than one occasion this season, as well as Harps. College seem to play absolutey crap against the bottom of the table teams and rather well (bar the City result) against the top clubs. Harps dont play that well at all against anyone this season

superfrank
18/08/2005, 2:28 PM
Ok, so they've drawn their last two games 0-0 and they played pretty badly aginst Drogheda from what they showed on the telly. That's not going by one game.

Schumi
18/08/2005, 2:30 PM
Ive seen UCD on more than one occasion this season, as well as Harps. College seem to play absolutey crap against the bottom of the table teams and rather well (bar the City result) against the top clubs. Harps dont play that well at all against anyone this season
Agreed on UCD performances, very annoying it is too! My point was more in relation to Harps being $hit though to be honest.

Roo69
18/08/2005, 2:36 PM
Agreed on UCD performances, very annoying it is too! My point was more in relation to Harps being $hit though to be honest.

I would be very very surprised if anyone who has seen them play (Harps) would disagree with me in saying that they have been by far the worst team in the premier this season, but in saying that Waterford are starting to give them a run for there money.

superfrank
18/08/2005, 2:38 PM
You're right there Roo! You should've seen them against us down in Waterford!!

superfrank
19/08/2005, 11:05 PM
Well thank christ for that! I thought we'd bottle it toward the end but well done by the lads. I thought Giffy did well tonight.