PDA

View Full Version : Full screen ads?

osarusan
17/06/2023, 10:06 AM
Anybody else getting these?

https://i.imgur.com/GX5w9Ns.jpg

joey B
17/06/2023, 10:12 AM
Yes ,whenever I try to click into a thread or post from the first page….

CraftyToePoke
18/06/2023, 12:59 PM
In the last few days to a week at most, every page change, full page ad.

Is it a site decision to allow these ?
Don't really want to go ad blocker on here but it is a bit of a ball ache.

Aran knitwear is their focus on me for some strange reason. Very unlikely.

pineapple stu
18/06/2023, 1:06 PM
Haven't seen anything myself anyway (though have on other sites)

SkStu
18/06/2023, 4:05 PM
Yeah, it’s a fairly frequent occurrence when changing pages on the web version. There’s another annoying one when you return to a main forum page where an add rises up from the bottom and takes up about 1/4 to 1/3 of the screen [edit: may have exaggerated this slightly actually :D ... just hopped onto the laptop... maybe 1/8 of the screen].

It seems as if these only started in the last couple of weeks.

CraftyToePoke
18/06/2023, 8:01 PM
What is a particular gear grinder about the full page newbie is when I click it away, the View First Unread option also vanishes, and that VFU function is a lovely feature of footdot. Little but very user handy thing.

dahamsta
19/06/2023, 12:15 PM
Google changed the AdSense settings a couple weeks ago, I scanned and clicked through as I didn't see anything untoward. I'll check both the site and the settings later today or tomorrow. Sorry, if I'd known I wouldn't have enabled it.

dahamsta
19/06/2023, 6:00 PM
Seems to be "vignette ads", I've disabled them now. Would've doubled my revenue according to Google, probably halve my audience into the bargain. :)

osarusan
19/06/2023, 7:50 PM
Seems to be "vignette ads", I've disabled them now. Would've doubled my revenue according to Google, probably halve my audience into the bargain. :)

Thanks, I'm not seeing them anymore so far at least.

CraftyToePoke
20/06/2023, 6:37 PM
Gone, yes.

Noticed a new drop down style one at the top earlier but not intrusive & not all the time.

dahamsta
20/06/2023, 7:46 PM
Let me know if anything becomes a problem. While I want to earn a few quid to cover the cost, I don't want to tick people off.