PDA

View Full Version : Bud Rising Marlay Park

fosterdollar
17/08/2005, 9:04 AM
Does anybody know what the story is with being allowed bring drink to these concerts?

Drumcondra Red
17/08/2005, 9:06 AM
No, obviously you can't, its called Bud Rising, as in Budwiser, you know??? Anyway, no.

Actually are you being serious???

fosterdollar
17/08/2005, 9:10 AM
No, obviously you can't, its called Bud Rising, as in Budwiser, you know??? Anyway, no.

Actually are you being serious???
Thnks for pointing that out :rolleyes:

Anyone intelligent people care to offer advice?

Drumcondra Red
17/08/2005, 9:17 AM
I think you'll find if you sit down and think about it for 2 seconds you might find the answer, what other gigs are you allowed bring drink into? None! Now why do you think this would be any different?

Also why would Budweiser go to the trouble of paying big money to sponser these events if people were allowed bring their own booze???

Is that intellegent enough for you??? :D

I apologise for my first reply as I honestly thought you were taking the píss :o

fosterdollar
17/08/2005, 9:21 AM
I think you'll find that other festivals have areas where you are allowed bring your own drink into. Oxegen is sponsored by Heineken - you can bring your own drink into the campsite. Marlay Park is a big place. It is conceiveble (maybe just to some) that one could possibly drink in areas outside the actual concert enclosure. Think outside the box for a minute.

Dublin12
17/08/2005, 9:40 AM
My experience of festivals leads me to believe that it's better to drink anything but Bud,especially watered down Bud at crazy prices.

fosterdollar
17/08/2005, 9:44 AM
My experience of festivals leads me to believe that it's better to drink anything but Bud,especially watered down Bud at crazy prices.
true... ;) eh, anyway, yeah that's why i am investigating the opportunity for drinking ANYTHING else.

Macy
17/08/2005, 9:53 AM
Buckfast in coke bottles - jobs a good 'un. :D

fosterdollar
17/08/2005, 10:00 AM
Buckfast in coke bottles - jobs a good 'un. :D
Job's a f**kin gone come monday morning

Drumcondra Red
17/08/2005, 10:03 AM
I think you'll find that other festivals have areas where you are allowed bring your own drink into. Oxegen is sponsored by Heineken - you can bring your own drink into the campsite. Marlay Park is a big place. It is conceiveble (maybe just to some) that one could possibly drink in areas outside the actual concert enclosure. Think outside the box for a minute.

Thats in the campsite, of course you can drink in Marley Park but the actual venue isn't that big so there's a whole park to play around with, and a bus journey from town, but obviously you can't bring drink into the venue! :rolleyes:

fosterdollar
17/08/2005, 10:04 AM
but obviously you can't bring drink into the venue! :rolleyes:
Again, thanks for pointing that out :rolleyes:

Drumcondra Red
17/08/2005, 10:08 AM
Again, thanks for pointing that out :rolleyes:

Hang on a sec you sarcy fcuker, lets have a look at your original question;

Does anybody know what the story is with being allowed bring drink to these concerts?

Answer= No! Alreeeet? :D

Dublin12
17/08/2005, 10:17 AM
Are you going to the Chemicals/Sonic Youth one?
I used to be into Sonic Youth,seen them a few times and they were quite good in their day but find them a bit tedious now,please tell me they have moved on from all that feedback jamming session stuff :confused:

fosterdollar
17/08/2005, 10:22 AM
Are you going to the Chemicals/Sonic Youth one?
I used to be into Sonic Youth,seen them a few times and they were quite good in their day but find them a bit tedious now,please tell me they have moved on from all that feedback jamming session stuff :confused:
I'm going to both. Actually the reason i asked the question is cos i'm working on friday and i'll be running tight on time so would just like to know the score. Sarcasm can be explained by lack of ANY information on the net Drumcondra Red (i could go on to ask when it came about you speak for 'anybody', but i won't :D ).

Anyhoo, me the same on Sonic Youth. Haven't heard anything recent from them. Last time i probably took any notice of them was back in the No Disco days. Both Donal Dineen and myself have moved on at least. It'll be interesting to see if they have.

Gerrit
17/08/2005, 7:04 PM
Echo & The Bunnymen opened the festival on 1/6/05 in the Village... That was shortly before I left Dublin for Belfast, I lived very close to the Village then. Given the fact that I usually had to travel abroad to see my favourite band, that was an easy one, and the goth pub was nicely represented :cool:

It's nothing different from other festivals. At least, I didn't notice any difference. Maybe people who drink alcohol would see it otherwise though ; I heard they only served Budweiser and no other beers, which some people obviously didn't like.

Doesn't the festival close in Lansdowne Road with gigs of Maroon 5, Jem, Scissors Sisters and Franz Ferdinand?
Don't know if it has any connection with BudRising, but the exact same line-up is playing the Botanic Gardens in Belfast... plus Faithless :eek: I think I'll be in Bangor that weekend... I wouldn't be able to sleep anyway with that noise.