PDA

View Full Version : 2023 Arrivals and Departures in Kerry

legendz
12/06/2023, 4:55 PM
Treaty United can confirm that Martin Coughlan has departed the club to sign for Kerry FC.
Treaty making the announcement for Kerry! Our first game in July is against Treaty in Mounthawk Park. Matt and Martin will both be fired up for that one.

legendz
12/06/2023, 4:57 PM
Kalen Spillane, who played in Kerry’s first few First Division games this season, has already departed the club, with the Cork city native citing work commitments as the reason he couldn’t continue with the club.

legendz
03/07/2023, 12:14 PM
https://twitter.com/KerryFC/status/1675838021055270913?t=-s5kXZVh5di_MqNFzRMYTQ&s=19

Kerry FC can confirm Kalen Spillane, Mark Carey, Cormac Buckley and Junior Ankomah have left the club

Everyone at the club would like to wish Kalen, Mark, Cormac and Junior all the best in the future and we thank them for their hard work during their time with us

legendz
03/07/2023, 6:02 PM
https://www.radiokerry.ie/sport/kerry-hopeful-of-completing-signings-in-coming-days-337831?utm_campaign=web&utm_source=messenger&utm_medium=web
Dennehy transfer update.

dansultheman
04/07/2023, 4:34 PM
Hi Lads

Does anyone know anything about the new Signing? Ethan Kos, looks like he fits the profile and an area where we needed to freshen up to free up Rob V back to right back. I believe he played previously with UCD?

legendz
04/07/2023, 5:00 PM
I haven't seen anywhere that he has played in the League of Ireland. He has been in UCD since 2019, so possibly his studies are complete. A few articles have mentioned that he played in a Harding Cup final. With his profile alright, you'd be hopeful that he will slot in on the left and Vasiu will be on the right when he comes back from injury.
Good announcement on the 4th of July!

legendz
05/07/2023, 1:47 PM
https://twitter.com/KerryFC/status/1676561567113179137?t=rdm9X6v_fHDa7y3r7jDyoQ&s=19

Done deal. Martin Coughlan's move has been confirmed. Treaty mischievously announced a few weeks ago! Matt and Martin to have extra determination to help achieve a first home win on Friday with a bit of luck.

legendz
05/07/2023, 6:27 PM
Kerry FC can confirm the departure of Stephen McCarthy from the squad.

We would like to thank Stephen for his hard work and commitment over the last few months and we wish him well in his future career

#WeAreKerryFC

dansultheman
12/07/2023, 11:44 PM
It will be interesting to see if Ethan Kos and Martin Coughlin play vs Longford this weekend. Surprised Martin was not sprung from the bench vs Treaty.

I have been told that Daniel Okwute has been in training with Kerry. I thought he would be doing Pre-Season with Stockport County!!! If we could even get Okwute on loan back to his homeland, he would be the signing of the Summer for the club. He is a Kerryman after all and what a signing that would be (More Hopeful vs reality).

legendz
14/07/2023, 3:30 PM
It will be interesting to see if Ethan Kos and Martin Coughlin play vs Longford this weekend. Surprised Martin was not sprung from the bench vs Treaty.

I have been told that Daniel Okwute has been in training with Kerry. I thought he would be doing Pre-Season with Stockport County!!! If we could even get Okwute on loan back to his homeland, he would be the signing of the Summer for the club. He is a Kerryman after all and what a signing that would be (More Hopeful vs reality).Okwute's signing has been confirmed! A positive addition. Hopeful Kerry are nearing a tipping point of more positive results. Okwute has experience playing for Finn Harps but the current squad have experience from the whole season so far. There's a frustration now that results aren't improving.

legendz
14/07/2023, 6:41 PM
Kerry FC have confirmed the signing of Lee Axworthy, who was goalkeeper with Brentford. The fourth addition to the squad. Will he be expected to start? Possibly need a commanding keeper for crosses and set pieces.

legendz
20/07/2023, 4:49 PM
As noted by Culloty in the main forum, Wayne Guthrie has left the squad. Anyone have the word locally on what has really happened there?

culloty82
21/07/2023, 6:20 PM
Or indeed, Seán Kennedy, who's still at the club, but hasn't featured at all since the start of May - can hardly afford to dispense with him, so there must have been a few fallings out behind the scenes.

legendz
27/07/2023, 9:07 PM
Callan Scully has also left the club. The second keeper to leave during the July transfer window. Arthur Nganou has joined.

legendz
26/08/2023, 11:59 AM
Matt Keane has departed the squad. What's the story here?

dansultheman
26/08/2023, 12:05 PM
Matt Keane has departed the squad. What's the story here?

This doesn't surprise me. Matt was one of the players hyped up a long with others prior to the season and I haven't seen a lot this year from him. We do have better Midfielders ahead of him and the return of Martin Coughlin and performances of Ainscough puts Matt further down the pecking order.

At this stage of the year, trimming the squad and knowing what players the club need will be very important now for Billy and the Cub for next season.

legendz
26/08/2023, 12:43 PM
This doesn't surprise me. Matt was one of the players hyped up a long with others prior to the season and I haven't seen a lot this year from him. We do have better Midfielders ahead of him and the return of Martin Coughlin and performances of Ainscough puts Matt further down the pecking order.

At this stage of the year, trimming the squad and knowing what players the club need will be very important now for Billy and the Cub for next season.Was being left out of the matchday squad for the the trip to Limerick the final straw for Matt?
Matt was the first signing and a lot was expected from his experience in the league. He didn't deliver though, it has to be said. I don't think there can be any complaints with how he has dropped down the pecking order. The young lads and Ainscough have played well, though we're still not picking up results.
Any word on why Axworthy wasn't in the squad last night?

culloty82
27/08/2023, 3:34 PM
Tryp Vrljicak has also left the club, scored for Killarney Celtic today in the Munster Champions Trophy.

legendz
28/08/2023, 9:02 PM
A local article by Damian Stack suggests Matt leaving the squad was amicable enough and down to the of game time. It is acknowledged alright that losing the captain like that isn't a good look.

legendz
13/09/2023, 4:17 PM
Jonathan Hannafin has left Kerry FC, joining Rockmount AFC in the Munster Senior League.

culloty82
27/10/2023, 12:51 PM
Looking ahead to likely shake-ups during the winter, can't imagine it'll be anywhere near as dramatic as we saw during the summer, given most of the local players eventually acclimatised to the standard of the division. Cormac Buckley, Cianan Cooney and Graham O'Reilly are most likely to move on, as they either didn't appear or fell out of contention as the season progressed, and Shane Guthrie will officially retire, given he's effectively operating as a coach already. Ordinarily, Alex Ainscough would move on, but his situation is unusual, to put it mildly, and Cian Barrett will most probably return to Rovers. After a shaky start, Lee Axworthy nailed down his place in goals, but fair to say neither he nor Ngannou would be irreplaceable.