PDA

View Full Version : Eminem scraps Europe tour

carrickharp
17/08/2005, 7:10 AM
Eminem scraps Europe tour, citing 'medical issues'
Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:48 AM BST

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Rapper Eminem has cancelled a European tour scheduled for September, citing treatment for "exhaustion, complicated by other medical issues," his record label said in a statement on Tuesday.

The Anger Management tour, also featuring his protege 50 Cent, was scheduled to run from September 1 in Hamburg to September 17 near Dublin. The trek is not expected to be rescheduled, the statement added. A publicist at Interscope Records declined to elaborate on Eminem's health.

In July, the Detroit Free Press reported that Eminem may retire at the end of the Anger Management tour, which just wrapped its North American leg. Eminem, who turns 33 in October, flatly denied such plans, but has said he wants to focus more on producing artists for his Shady Records label.

Eminem, whose real name is Marshall Mathers, became a smash sensation in the last six years with a series of Grammy-winning albums largely full of hatred for his mother and girlfriend, not to mention gays and other pop stars. His current release, "Encore," toned down the rhetoric, and included an anti-war single.

He won an Academy Award in 2003 for co-writing a song that appeared on the hit movie "8 Mile," a semi-autobiographical release in which he also starred.

© Reuters 2005. All Rights Reserved

tiktok
17/08/2005, 9:06 AM
Slane residents breathe a collective sigh of relief.

anto1208
17/08/2005, 10:09 AM
i can imagine , i saw the streets after only a few had qued up all night , rubbish everywhere , fast food ,human waste !! and that was only a few imagine slaine after the full gig !!

i think it was a great plan by organisers to get all the scum to plan on going to that one thus not showing at any other gigs

Drumcondra Red
17/08/2005, 10:11 AM
Slane residents breathe a collective sigh of relief.

:D :D :D :D

pete
17/08/2005, 11:22 AM
Hot off the press.

After the devastating news that Eminem has pulled out of Slane the heretofore unknown local Smartie has said that he will be the replacement.

Smartie has previously been quoted as saying "You can't beat good wrapping".

A colourful show is expected.

:eek: :D

fosterdollar
17/08/2005, 11:28 AM
Hot off the press.

After the devastating news that Eminem has pulled out of Slane the heretofore unknown local Smartie has said that he will be the replacement.

:rolleyes: he thinks he has all the answers...

Partizan
17/08/2005, 2:18 PM
AC/DC for Slane NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Aldini98
17/08/2005, 4:32 PM
citing absolutly shIIIIIIte music or (c)rap more like. At least the residents wont have to put up with white trash wannabees in Slane for rthe day !!!!!

Gerrit
17/08/2005, 7:05 PM
Slane residents still have to cope with 50Cent, which is even worse :eek:

Plastic Paddy
17/08/2005, 8:58 PM
50Cent, which is even worse :eek:

In this house he's known as "approximately 29p", which is about as much as I'd pay for his entire back catalogue.

:ball: PP

Green Tribe
17/08/2005, 9:12 PM
In this house he's known as "approximately 29p", which is about as much as I'd pay for his entire back catalogue.

:D You're a wicked man PP :D Any word on Baby TP do y'a know at all? :confused:

Gerrit
17/08/2005, 10:52 PM
You d still waste 29 cent on that man? :confused: If he pays me I may want to stand his gig :D

harpskid
18/08/2005, 10:52 AM

:D :D :D

beautifulrock
18/08/2005, 10:58 AM
Dont worry, no 50 cent, no 2 Dimes, no nothing now that Marshall has blown it out. Everyone gets a refund, Lord H loses a packet but will have insured against such an event i am almost certain.

fosterdollar
18/08/2005, 11:02 AM
How much were the tickets?

Troy.McClure
18/08/2005, 1:54 PM
Depends on how much you bid on ebay I suppose :p

fosterdollar
18/08/2005, 2:00 PM
well, no one is answering but i think they were around 80 euro.

80,000 x €80 = ~ €6.5million

Someone made a nice bit of interest on that while they had it for a few months. Then there's the other european gigs...

Lionel Ritchie
18/08/2005, 3:07 PM
Devasted. As are the organisers of all the other "Reclaim The Streets (From The Knacks)" festivities that had been organised for towns and cities throughout the land.

There's a many a deposit on a rented bouncy castle forfeited for that day.

All my bunting and massive street signs proclaiming "enjoy yourself, do what and go where you like ...the slitty eyed cnuts are all up in Slane" are back in storage where they've lain since Def Leppards Hysteria tour rolled into town in 87.

You've broken my heart Mr. M&M.

'Ho-master my ass!!! :mad:

Aldini98
18/08/2005, 3:41 PM
Devasted. As are the organisers of all the other "Reclaim The Streets (From The Knacks)" festivities that had been organised for towns and cities throughout the land.

There's a many a deposit on a rented bouncy castle forfeited for that day.

All my bunting and massive street signs proclaiming "enjoy yourself, do what and go where you like ...the slitty eyed cnuts are all up in Slane" are back in storage where they've lain since Def Leppards Hysteria tour rolled into town in 87.

Post of the month mate :)

Gerrit
18/08/2005, 5:16 PM
I take that the ones who paid 1000 euro on eBay get the standard 80 euro refund ? :D

sligoman
19/08/2005, 12:14 AM
Oh no, it's been cancelled, not Eminem! :rolleyes:. Are they going to have a Slane concert with somebody else this year? :confused:

carrickharp
19/08/2005, 7:25 AM
No! Serves them right for booking sh1te like M&M

anto1208
19/08/2005, 8:30 AM
the winners are ticket master who charge a 5 euro handing fee (non refundable !!) on the tickets , but i suppose that is for credit card s . im not sure how many would have been bought with ccards ,but even if only 20,000 of them were on cards thats still 100,000 in there pocket .

ticketmaster what a scam

CollegeTillIDie
20/08/2005, 8:55 AM

2005 re-mix of his biggest early hit goes something like this

Hi My Name is.. Hi My Name Is.. Hi My name is... tika tika Big Wussey! :D