PDA

View Full Version : Goin to the World Cup

shedite
16/08/2005, 2:45 PM
Are many here planning on going to the WC if Ireland don't qualify? There's a few of us at the moment doin the whole "Joxer" thing and getting a van and driving over. Thinkin of either getting a van, campervan or bus! Anyone know if you need special leicence to drive any of them?

Obviously we'd follow Ireland if they get there but if not, we're hopin to make a gmae (probably not actually go to the games but at least to the cities) in each of the 12 cities.

Poor Student
16/08/2005, 3:00 PM
My girlfriend has relations in Stuttgart who'd put us up, so hopefully I'll see something there.

anto1208
16/08/2005, 6:08 PM
i stand to be corrected on this( ive been wrong before !! just the once ) :D but i think anyone with a full licence that is over 25or 27 can drive it and the insurance is dirt cheap only a few hundred euro .

im going ill support ireland if they get there , if they dont then hopefully england will be there and ill follow them

Colie
11/09/2005, 6:33 PM
Are many here planning on going to the WC if Ireland don't qualify? Bit early for this discussion? We'll all be there supporting Ireland lads, don't worry.

That said, a 2 day trip to Frankfurt to take in a match would be well feasable with Ryanair I'd imagine.

superfrank
11/09/2005, 6:36 PM
I could easily get to the matches in Frankfurt. I know two places where I could stay for free in the area. Are matches going to be played in Mainz?

thejollyrodger
11/09/2005, 6:46 PM
nah, without ireland there it would be sh1te. all those johnny foreigners asking you why ireland didnt qualify and laughing ,, *******$

superfrank
11/09/2005, 6:52 PM
List of cities hosting games here (http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/)

gspain
12/09/2005, 2:26 PM
I reckon it will be 20 years before we have a world cup in Europe again so definitely worth a visit even if we don't make it. It will be unmissable if we're there.

I'd strongly advise getting tickets in advance. It was very hard to get tickets in France. Watch www.fifaworldcup.com after the draw and there will be a 3rd phase of sales.

Dawn_Run
12/09/2005, 3:13 PM
I reckon it will be 20 years before we have a world cup in Europe again so definitely worth a visit even if we don't make it. It will be unmissable if we're there.

I'd strongly advise getting tickets in advance. It was very hard to get tickets in France. Watch www.fifaworldcup.com after the draw and there will be a 3rd phase of sales.

Aye - managed to get a tst-6 when a few came available 3 weeks ago. Blessed. Cost me 1100 euro though :rolleyes:

And what do I get in return from my investment....a one nil defeat to France - cheers lads :mad:

Kerry Blue
12/09/2005, 6:54 PM
Are many here planning on going to the WC if Ireland don't qualify? There's a few of us at the moment doin the whole "Joxer" thing and getting a van and driving over. Thinkin of either getting a van, campervan or bus! Anyone know if you need special leicence to drive any of them?

A standard full licence for a car (B) will allow you to drive a vehicle with passenger accommodation for 8 people. You need a D1 licence to drive a vehicle for up to 16 passengers (mini-bus) and to drive a bus you need a D licence. If you don't have the one you need, better start getting lessions. :)