PDA

View Full Version : Dolan to Shelbourne

Pages : [1] 2

wws
16/08/2005, 10:29 AM
someone "in the know" has posted on the pats board that Dolan is being lined up by shels, part of a football/property development double act with wallace

Fenlons dead man walking

Peadar
16/08/2005, 10:31 AM
someone "in the know" has posted on the pats board that Dolan is being lined up by shels, part of a football/property development double act with wallace

Fenlons dead man walking

You're unreal, boy!
Always trying to stir things up.
I'll be pointing you out to all the Shels boys at the Italy game tomorrow. :p

wws
16/08/2005, 10:33 AM
You're unreal, boy!
Always trying to stir things up.
I'll be pointing you out to all the Shels boys at the Italy game tomorrow. :p

Peadar this is serious - the original post is by GK on the pats forum (gk used to work for pats), i'm sure some others will fill you in on Ollies attempts to add to the drumcondra apartment stock......

thejollyrodger
16/08/2005, 10:34 AM
I think Nutsy might be heading the same way as Kerr , out the door unless he (they) can turn it around in the remaining games.

Nutsy got it all wrong, he cost us the Setanta Cup final, the cup, the league and a place in the third round of the champions league with the best club squad ever assembled in Ireland- time to go ?

Poor Student
16/08/2005, 10:35 AM
Do you people realise how long Nutsy's contract is? That'll take whopping compensation to get rid of him unless he walks.

thejollyrodger
16/08/2005, 10:42 AM
Dont worry, a booing of Fenlon campaign and numerous on pitch demostrations by fans would soon dis lodge infadel : P

EnDai
16/08/2005, 10:45 AM
Sigh.

I, for one, will partake in no booing of Nutsy. Everyone's allowed have a bad season, for the most part he's been excellent for us.

And Dolan, dear Jesus boy, thats so unfunny I could cry! :D

James
16/08/2005, 10:48 AM
apparently theres a release clause in fenlons contract
he can be sacked if shels do not win a major trophy
out of europe
out of the FAI cup
out of the league after last nite 17points behind

and heavy rumours coming out of the cross last nite that he's been sacked by ollie!!

cheerios nutsy

EnDai
16/08/2005, 10:52 AM
Kenny would be good, but Nutsy is King! :D I think we should go for Roddy if it all blows up!

All I know is that IF this has/will happen/ed, Eamonn Collins had better leave too. I don't like his influence on the team, and I blame him for influencing some of Nutsys silly decisions. He has helped to bring more of the "thuggery" element into the club, and I don't like it. It's no coincidence that once he arrived we turned to muck! Christ, they'd probably put him in charge! :(

patsh
16/08/2005, 10:54 AM
Now, a more realistic proposition for $hel$ would be Kenny ............. or Matthews (Hands off!)
Matthew would fit right in
Long hoofball tactics,
whingy, moaning cnut of a manager,
massive chip on his shoulder about everybody else
and knows how to get out of Europe early!

:D :D

derm
16/08/2005, 10:54 AM
:D :D :D I love this Wallace crap. He was on the brink of investing massive money in Pats, then he was poised to invest massive money (plus the interest) in City just before Dolan was sacked, then he was supposed to invest in Limerick when Dolan took over and now Shels (when Dolan takes over).

And the funniest thing is that I don't think Dolan is actually behind 90% of the Wallace rumours ...

Pablo
16/08/2005, 10:55 AM
Funnily enough, we were only talking about this last week. I wouldnt be at all suprised

patsh
16/08/2005, 10:55 AM
Wallace is not going to invest big money in an eL club.

FACT!

wws
16/08/2005, 10:56 AM
Listen lads, for the last time, Wallace has absolutely NO interest in EL football as regards pumping money into it. He regards it as one of the worst investments you could possibly make.

not in the dispute - but he certainly has an interest in prime city sites - and ollie byrne wants to move shels out of one.......wallace previously bid for richmond park when dolan was with cork. FACT!

the above posts are confusing wallaces motivation to "invest" - he essentially wants large tracts of city land on the cheap and maybe sees the gormless el clubs as the best way of getting his hands on it??

EnDai
16/08/2005, 10:56 AM
There is no doubting he's a good manager, but I couldn't see Shels players or fans warming to him.

tiktok
16/08/2005, 10:58 AM
Wallace is not going to invest big money in an eL club.

FACT!

Ah, but is he willing to invest in a club that has a stake in a prime piece of real estate in Drumcondra. Not suggesting that being involved in Shels would allow access to opposing tenders or anything :D :D :D

Seriously though, Dolan/Wallace at Shels.
Not happening!

Pablo
There is no doubting he's a good manager, but I couldn't see Shels players or fans warming to him.

its hard not to warm to him. his enthusiasm is catching. i'm sure if he got ye winning again you'd love him

wws
In fairness Shels fans do what they are told by Ollie. That is not in dispute. Dolan is secretly a shels supporter I've heard

Peadar
16/08/2005, 10:59 AM

Well it's not like he could use his "Biggest Club, Best Fans in the League" line if he went to Shels. :D

EnDai
16/08/2005, 11:00 AM
Probably true, but I like to think I'd be praying for the overspeed arrival of an overweight bus carring oversized elephants to enormous sanctuaries in Africa!

patsh
16/08/2005, 11:00 AM
In fairness Shels fans do what they are told by Ollie. That is not in dispute. Dolan is secretly a shels supporter I've heard
I've heard that secretly he is a Rovers supporter...

He wants to be head of the Rovers Regiment some day.....:p

tiktok
16/08/2005, 11:01 AM
Dolan is secretly a shels supporter I've heard

"I've been attending matches since I was a lad, look at the names, the history, the passion. This used to be a small club you know, but they thought big, dreamt big and now, on the verge of the Champions League Group Stages they are big. Tolka Park, Champions league football isn't it? Ollie Byrne, legend ...eh! Come on, up on your feet for the Tolka Tribe*"

* tolka Tribe trademark

wws
16/08/2005, 11:01 AM
he goes to a lot of their matches and has done for years - the rivalry with Ollie was stagemanaged like teh euro star judges - anyone in the game will tell you that they both actually are close friends 'off camera'

Peadar
16/08/2005, 11:04 AM
anyone in the game will tell you that they both actually are close friends 'off camera'

As close as their bellies will allow anyway. :D

EnDai
16/08/2005, 11:08 AM
As close as their bellies will allow anyway. :D

:D :D :D

pete
16/08/2005, 11:17 AM
Much as i'd love Dolan to got to Shels i think thats being too optimistic. Oily & Dolan can't get along when competing against one another so no hope they'd survive when on the same side.

:eek:

Dodge
16/08/2005, 11:30 AM
:D :D :D :D :D
Laughed at that myself, typical shels fan confusing "most expensive" with best....

EnDai
16/08/2005, 11:31 AM
You don't always get what you pay for in football. Ask Woodagte :D

Slash/ED
16/08/2005, 11:44 AM
I would LOVE Dolan to goto Shels but only so I could hear him pretend he was always a Shels fan, has always loved the fans, the club and Olly and the respect he's had for us goes back years etc etc.

razor
16/08/2005, 11:53 AM
someone "in the know" has posted on the pats board that Dolan is being lined up by shels, part of a football/property development double act with wallaceLike we haven't enough reasons to hate Shels already.

BohsFans
16/08/2005, 12:33 PM
Of all the knee-jerk, stupid Boahs-type reactions (Betcha they'd love to have Kenny now!!)

Not really! He and our board have crippled the clubs finances.

Shels this season remind me of us last season, too many over-paid under achieving players.

Schumi
16/08/2005, 12:50 PM
a booing of Fenlon campaign
Again?

Peadar
16/08/2005, 1:05 PM
Like we haven't enough reasons to hate Shels already.

That's true. The whole league already hates Shels so what work would there be left for Dolan to do?? :confused: :D

razor
16/08/2005, 1:18 PM
Shels this season remind me of us last season, too many over-paid under achieving players.Well it is the same players involved.

Slash/ED
16/08/2005, 1:23 PM
Well it is the same players involved.

Yet funnily enough they're the least guilty. Hawkins has been outstanding, Crowe has played well when we've played football which is rare and Ryan hasn't been involved anyway.

ThatGuy
16/08/2005, 1:51 PM
I don't think that Nutsy will or should get the chop.

anto eile
16/08/2005, 1:58 PM
Of all the knee-jerk, stupid Boahs-type reactions (Betcha they'd love to have Kenny now!!)

Listen lads, for the last time, Wallace has absolutely NO interest in EL football as regards pumping money into it. He regards it as one of the worst investments you could possibly make.

Now, a more realistic proposition for $hel$ would be Kenny ............. or Matthews (Hands off!)
alan matthews :D:D:D:D he would be great as a GAA manager.longford is what happens when you put GAA players on a soccer pitch

Ronnie
16/08/2005, 2:15 PM
longford is what happens when you put GAA players on a soccer pitch.

Thats not a bad idea, if he can win 3 outta 6 trophies with his GAA players, imagine how good he'd be with 11 soccer players...

patsh
16/08/2005, 3:23 PM
(Not one of the Longford team would make it on a GAA team, by the way. Maybe the Kilkenny football team.)
Good analogy.
Both teams play absolutely sh*te football....:D

thomas
16/08/2005, 4:02 PM
All managers in this league are pretty ****, at best average, but fenlon did well last season and it was only when ollie started making the signings that things went wrong.

Fenlon is not to blame for that mess! The squad / team he had last year would have pushed Steaua a lot closer and be top of the league.

Slash/ED
16/08/2005, 4:20 PM
He has all the same players bar the dross who got moved out who weren't good enough anyway.

higgins
16/08/2005, 5:06 PM
Dolan hates ollie
Ollie hates Dolan

Shels hate Dolan
Dolan hates Shels

Ollie sacks Fenlon and gives the job to Dolan??? :D

Yeah thats the way it is!!

did you not hear him on TV last night??? He was totally against shels from the word GO! He should not be allowed on TV again after his biased remarks through the game.

The mans an idiot

Slash/ED
16/08/2005, 5:28 PM
Indeed there is no way in hell he should ever be let commentate on a game involving Shels ever.

hoopy
16/08/2005, 6:09 PM
I think Nutsy might be heading the same way as Kerr , out the door unless he (they) can turn it around in the remaining games.

Nutsy got it all wrong, he cost us the Setanta Cup final, the cup, the league and a place in the third round of the champions league with the best club squad ever assembled in Ireland- time to go ?

When you win 4 in a row you can make that claim. Owen Heary's you're only player who would've got near that side

OneRedArmy
16/08/2005, 6:14 PM
Indeed there is no way in hell he should ever be let commentate on a game
Couldn't we leave it there?!

Once you take away the enthusiam and hype there is truly nothing left of susbstance underneath. And like all managers he carefully refuses to criticise players he signed.

Unfortunately there's not much competition.

Although I didn't think he was that biased last nite. Shels were crap and there's no getting away from it.

thejollyrodger
16/08/2005, 7:36 PM
When you win 4 in a row you can make that claim. Owen Heary's you're only player who would've got near that side

Like it or not, Shelbourne F.C are Irelands most sucessful club. Just ask UEFA :)

A face
16/08/2005, 7:46 PM
So when does Dolan sign up ??

razor
16/08/2005, 8:28 PM
Like it or not, Shelbourne F.C are Irelands most sucessful club.Dolan will sort that out.

Colm
16/08/2005, 9:43 PM
Dolan will sort that out.

Yeah he's going undercover and going to inflatrate Shels on behalf of the Rebel Army. Take them down from the inside. It's all part of the master plan that Dolan, Lennox and Rico came up with about a year ago! :eek:

Dr.Nightdub
16/08/2005, 9:51 PM
From Rebel Army to Oliver's Army?