Treaty v Finn Harps
Kerry v Wexford
Bray v Cobh
Galway v Athlone

Saturday 27th

Longford v Waterford (19:30)

sbgawa
26/05/2023, 11:43 AM
Rovers need to go to Cork and put last weeks home loss behind us and hopefully go on another long winning run.
Bohs v Shels is an interesting match and Drogs if they back up the win in Tallaght by beating UCD can start looking up instaed of down.

wonder88
26/05/2023, 11:50 AM
The good weather should boast the crowds this weekend?. The live tv north Dublin derby is up against Tubridy's last Late Late with all the stars so the viewing figures could be very low. Athlone scored a great goal against Galway and played well in the game up at Lissywollen, and they have a new manager(again), so the game could be close enough.

Philosophizer
26/05/2023, 12:18 PM
The good weather should boast the crowds this weekend?. The live tv north Dublin derby is up against Tubridy's last Late Late with all the stars so the viewing figures could be very low. Athlone scored a great goal against Galway and played well in the game up at Lissywollen, and they have a new manager(again), so the game could be close enough.
The Late Late will only clash with the last few mins of the live match. Shouldn’t be that much of a hindrance.

brendy_éire
26/05/2023, 1:00 PM
Always enjoy having a 'Friday off', as we're away to Sligo tomorrow. Shels-Bohs should be interesting, and will probably have Pat's - Dundalk on the tablet.
Can't see Cork scoring a repeat of the four goal they had in Tallaght, but they maybe they're finally getting their act together.

Obviously Sligo's form has been really inconsistant this year, and having picked up a few losses, it's probably their turn for a win tomorrow night. We played them earlier in the season, and I thought they were decent when they came to Brandy, and controlled the game for large periods. On paper, it should be a Derry win, but just not convinced with us still.

Calcio Jack
26/05/2023, 7:26 PM
Rovers turn this week to suffer from awful decision as Towell given a red for a non incident in the box - Cork had a corner so aside from not being a red ; if ref deemed it to be then surely should also award a peno

Bohtastic
26/05/2023, 7:41 PM
https://twitter.com/semusmurphy/status/1662178707652456449?t=SvkaZ9yHK97EFUXJblxYIQ&s=19

Hardly nothing according to Se...

Calcio Jack
26/05/2023, 7:48 PM
https://twitter.com/semusmurphy/status/1662178707652456449?t=SvkaZ9yHK97EFUXJblxYIQ&s=19

Hardly nothing according to Se...

We’ll no sign of that on the replay… and as I said it had to of occurred while the ball was in play so therefore should of been a peno… just the usual weekly poor decision ( feel like I’m I’m turning into Duffer )

placid casual
26/05/2023, 8:06 PM
LOI officials are a malignancy on this league.

pineapple stu
26/05/2023, 8:06 PM
Rovers down to 8 players now?!

If Cork can't win this, they deserve to take our spot in the First Division next year.

Calcio Jack
26/05/2023, 8:07 PM
Kenny only on a few mins and gets sent for two stupid yellow cards…. He’s a disgraceful pup whose attitude since he joined us has been suspect as he’s behaved like a prima Donna since day one …. Time for Bradley to sort him out ….Now Hoare sent off the ref is a joke as Hoare never touched the player and in fairness Cork commentators agree

Martinho II
26/05/2023, 8:10 PM

Whos Athlone Towns new boss Wonder88? I cant keep up the soap opera down there!

ger121
26/05/2023, 8:31 PM
The amount of sending offs in the league is out of control. It’s like cardfest on a weekly basis.

Calcio Jack
26/05/2023, 8:33 PM
Lopes now booked , again for nothing … and Cork one up in 86th ….. ref definitely Corks motm but they won’t care as big three points for them

Credit to the Cork commentary team for being fair minded , unbiased and entertaining

pineapple stu
26/05/2023, 8:35 PM
You know it's bad when even Cork fans on their forum describe it as 12 v 8

Calcio Jack
26/05/2023, 8:42 PM
Rovers players remonstrating with linesman and ref at the end not a good look

patsdad
26/05/2023, 8:50 PM
Bad decisions are the norm - but have a look at the Pats sending off. For being caught in a headlock. Jaysus!

brendy_éire
26/05/2023, 8:58 PM
Lopes now booked , again for nothing

Lopes got his for mouthing, I would guess.
Same with Hoare too, maybe. Silly stuff. Don't think there's much to argue about for the yellows for either side in that match tonight, even if it wasn't at all a dirty game (Towell aside).

Pat's will be delighted with that win, and now only a point behind Bohs.

Shock of the night was down in Limerick, Harps winning, scoring three, and keeping a clean sheet. Didn't see that coming at all

Jd2793
26/05/2023, 9:06 PM
as a city fan i can safely say ive never seen anything like that display from grant. what did kenny get his first yellow for? did lopes get a yellow for winning the ball? the game was complete carnage. rovers heads went but the ref incited a lot of that, needless cards for everyone bar towell imo

ontheotherhand
26/05/2023, 9:10 PM
Fair play Jd2783. That was very hard to take. 11 cards in total for us and I'm not sure of any of them. Haven't seen Towells. Even outside of the cards there were frees that shouldn't have been frees. Probably the worst refereeing effort I've seen. Sean Grant has now sent 5 rovers players off in two games and only one wasn't controversial.

Aaron Bolger is such a tidy footballer. Great to see him recovered.

I need a drink.

kksaints
26/05/2023, 9:12 PM
Heroic but costly win for us tonight. Sojberg, Mark Doyle and Grivosti went off injured, Grivosti's looks particularly bad. Huge shift put in by the lads after going down to 10 after some shocking refereeing. Seemingly putting someone in a headlock isn't a red card. I've no real issue with Mulraney getting sent off as his reaction looked like a swing out and he went back for more but how the Dundalk player wasn't sent off is beyond me. Not allowing advantage when Eoin Doyle was clean through and bringing it back for a offside a few minutes later was also terrible. We really should have scored more than once in the first half and Dundalk's equaliser was soft on our part. But we dug in and Cartys goal was fantastic work by Lonergan to set it up.

joey B
26/05/2023, 9:15 PM
Harps finally won again,highlight was a goal on his debut from young 16 year old Aaron McLaughlin......

Calcio Jack
26/05/2023, 9:22 PM
as a city fan i can safely say ive never seen anything like that display from grant. what did kenny get his first yellow for? did lopes get a yellow for winning the ball? the game was complete carnage. rovers heads went but the ref incited a lot of that, needless cards for everyone bar towell imo

Fair play… did you see Towell do something as on the replays on LOITV nothing to see ? as I said it was our turn this week to win first prize on the crap ref roulette ; this time next I wonder who will it be ?

Aside from criticism of the ref Bradley does need to have a word with the players as there is too much mouthing leading to needless cards going on in general and when you have a clown like Grant in charge it’s just plain stupid…..

he also needs to sort the ‘pup’ Kenny out and tell him to cop on and that he’s not anywhere as good as he seems to think he is and be a lot more humble instead of mouthing off ….. the fans will love him if he does that and forgiving even if continues to miss chances…. He’s on thin ice but hopefully he’s young enough and has the smarts to learn….

El-Pietro
26/05/2023, 9:22 PM
Honestly no idea about the red cards. Chaotic game and they teo double yellows happened so quickly I didnt know what happened until i saw the red.

Delighted that Towell and Hoare were sent off. Especially enjoyed Towell making tge longest possible walk of shame to get to the Tunnel in front of the shed.

We're having a rough season and we won't get many moments to celebrate so that one was special.
Also. How good of a season is Ruairi Keating having. We have maybe 3 Premier Division players and he deserves consideration for team of the season so far this year. Not just his goals but his all around play.

Jd2793
26/05/2023, 9:29 PM
Fair play… did you see Towell do something as on the replays on LOITV nothing to see ? as I said it was our turn this week to win first prize on the crap ref roulette ; this time next I wonder who will it be ?

Aside from criticism of the ref Bradley does need to have a word with the players as there is too much mouthing leading to needless cards going on in general and when you have a clown like Grant in charge it’s just plain stupid…..

he also needs to sort the ‘pup’ Kenny out and tell him to cop on and that he’s not anywhere as good as he seems to think he is and be a lot more humble instead of mouthing off ….. the fans will love him if he does that and forgiving even if continues to miss chances…. He’s on thin ice but hopefully he’s young enough and has the smarts to learn….

i was at the opposite end so i hadnt a clue what happened for the towell one, plenty of rovers lads on twitter saying it was a red though. i havent a notion why kenny got his first yellow? his 2nd one is a yellow alright but its madness from the ref to not even give him a warning and there was a foul on farruiga i think it was in the lead up to that one. again with hoare i saw some arguing but no idea how he got the card. grant lost all control of the game tbh. rovers do seem to have an issue with giving lip to refs but imo some of it was justified there tonight because some of his decisions were mental for both teams.

Jd2793
26/05/2023, 9:30 PM
Honestly no idea about the red cards. Chaotic game and they teo double yellows happened so quickly I didnt know what happened until i saw the red.

Delighted that Towell and Hoare were sent off. Especially enjoyed Towell making tge longest possible walk of shame to get to the Tunnel in front of the shed.

We're having a rough season and we won't get many moments to celebrate so that one was special.
Also. How good of a season is Ruairi Keating having. We have maybe 3 Premier Division players and he deserves consideration for team of the season so far this year. Not just his goals but his all around play.

keating has been outstanding the only one who has shown hes a definite PD level player this year with us. he wont be short of offers come november so hopefully we can get our act together once the window opens

2 Year Contract
26/05/2023, 9:52 PM
Massive win for pats tonight, you can’t beat a big win after seemingly everything going against you. First Sjöberg coming off injured, then Grivosti getting stretchered off meant a pieces together back 4 for the second half after Pats should’ve scored another 1 or 2 more in the first half. The 3 changes at half time changed how Dundalk looked and they got their goal 2 mins into the half before a truly embarrassing refereeing decision to not send off Malley who instigated a fight between the two teams with this headlock https://twitter.com/ericdonegan1993/status/1662206304218230790?s=46 Frustratingly Mulraney then reacted and raised his hand to Malley's face which was a correct red card but for the ref to award only a yellow to Malley was laughable. Despite the extra man advantage Dundalk didn’t create much in the way of clear goalscoring opportunities despite their pressure and then Conor Carty managed to squeeze in the winner from what should’ve been an easy block and/or save

Jack B
Said so many times that I don't like to pile on the officials but it was embarrassing tonight, some going that we still won.

WeAreRovers
Was in Turners Cross tonight, worst refereeing performance I’ve ever seen and I’m 40 years watching LOI. Although Drogheda was nearly as bad, same ref. Shocking.

Also Cork are garbage, struggled badly to beat 8 men. Well done lads, UCD will finish ahead of you.

Jd2793
26/05/2023, 9:58 PM
Was in Turners Cross tonight, worst refereeing performance I’ve ever seen and I’m 40 years watching LOI. Although Drogheda was nearly as bad, same ref. Shocking.

Also Cork are garbage, struggled badly to beat 8 men. Well done lads, UCD will finish ahead of you.

they wont though. they arent making up any double digit gap.

2 Year Contract
26/05/2023, 10:05 PM
I see the bald lad is now doing everything he can to raise Pats electricity bill ;)

https://twitter.com/jamesrogersie/status/1662217102814740481?s=46

2 Year Contract
26/05/2023, 10:09 PM
Cork fans signing songs about a 9 year old boy with cancer is just about the lowest of the low. One of the most disgusting things I’ve heard of from any football clubs fans ever. Pure vile human beings if you can call them that

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/soccer/arid-41149015.html

ontheotherhand
26/05/2023, 10:11 PM
I try not to talk too much about other clubs fans because there's obviously good people at every club but the cork fans chanting about Bradley's son should be hung, drawn and quartered. That's as low as it gets.

Jd2793
26/05/2023, 10:18 PM
what kind of twisted person(s) do you have to be to even have something like that on your mind to throw at someone after a football game? havent any idea can the gardai do anything but hopefully they can. ***** should have the whole book thrown at them

Longfordian
26/05/2023, 10:21 PM
That is absolutely f'ing disgusting behaviour. I hope Cork can identify and ban them. I've never been a huge Bradley fan but I sympathise with him completely.

joey B
26/05/2023, 10:22 PM
Its the society we live in,respect long gone and you get people feeling comfortable saying stuff like that over a stupid game of football,shocking.....

SwanVsDalton
26/05/2023, 10:30 PM
Only had one eye on the game in Cork so was surprised to hear it was three men sent off instead of two, since the LOITV red card graphic only has room for the two reds...

Watching back it's hard to be definitive about any of the reds cause it was carnage. Replay on Towell is inconclusive though there's a sliver of a suggestion he stuck a boot in.

But, on the basis that the ref clearly wasn't having any dissent, Kenny (in particular) and Hoare were a bit foolish. Kenny got his first yellow for basically losing it point blank at the lino 30 seconds after coming on. Hoare was clearly frustrated, and the second yellow was a bit tight, but Rovers had lost their heads.

Pretty sure Lopes' and Kavanagh's yellows were both for dissent too, but by then we were really into chaos stages.

The reports about the singing are very grim, hope Cork get whoever's responsible identified and booted out for good.

Jd2793
26/05/2023, 10:33 PM
mark mccadden has a clip of towells red, yeah looks like we bought that one. bit of luck is nice for once

Jack B
26/05/2023, 10:40 PM
The Cork fans chanting re: Bradley's young lad sounds particularly horrific.

ontheotherhand
26/05/2023, 10:40 PM
mark mccadden has a clip of towells red, yeah looks like we bought that one. bit of luck is nice for once

Saw that alright. Looks like a free out. Not sure how the lino or ref could have even been sure of it if something had actually happened. Neither would have had a clear view.

SwanVsDalton
26/05/2023, 10:41 PM

Yikes.

https://twitter.com/markmccadden/status/1662220231081869312

Knocklyonhoop
26/05/2023, 10:44 PM
Rovers down to 8 players now?!

If Cork can't win this, they deserve to take our spot in the First Division next year.

had a great chance when down to 8. Actually thought it was in.

cards were like confetti. I could get behind the cards for dissent, if it wasn’t restricted to one team in one match!

Knocklyonhoop
26/05/2023, 11:00 PM
That is absolutely f'ing disgusting behaviour. I hope Cork can identify and ban them. I've never been a huge Bradley fan but I sympathise with him completely.

I’ve no doubt they will. Cork fans have always been friendly down there and no doubt a few mindless scroates who will het along long ban (if they even go)

TonyD
26/05/2023, 11:22 PM
Massive win for pats tonight, you can’t beat a big win after seemingly everything going against you. First Sjöberg coming off injured, then Grivosti getting stretchered off meant a pieces together back 4 for the second half after Pats should’ve scored another 1 or 2 more in the first half. The 3 changes at half time changed how Dundalk looked and they got their goal 2 mins into the half before a truly embarrassing refereeing decision to not send off Malley who instigated a fight between the two teams with this headlock https://twitter.com/ericdonegan1993/status/1662206304218230790?s=46 Frustratingly Mulraney then reacted and raised his hand to Malley's face which was a correct red card but for the ref to award only a yellow to Malley was laughable. Despite the extra man advantage Dundalk didn’t create much in the way of clear goalscoring opportunities despite their pressure and then Conor Carty managed to squeeze in the winner from what should’ve been an easy block and/or save

Have just seen the Mulreany sending off and I wouldn’t agree it was merited. He did go back for seconds, but I thought he must have thrown a dig or something to get himself sent off, but it doesn’t look like it from the footage. My God, that was a sweet victory though. I’d have snatched your hand off for a point after the sending off, but to win it was glorious. Special mention to Tommy Lonergan, who created the goal out of nothing. We looked really up for it in the first half tonight, it’s as good as we’ve played all season. Seemed a bit sluggish at the start of the second half and conceded the early goal. The sending off really got the crowd fired up, and the team responded in kind. Epic stuff.

brendy_éire
26/05/2023, 11:25 PM
Saw that alright. Looks like a free out. Not sure how the lino or ref could have even been sure of it if something had actually happened. Neither would have had a clear view.

Kicking out when on the ground, you're asking for bother. Towell only has himself to blame.
I think the assistant was the one that gave it.

The Bowler
26/05/2023, 11:26 PM
Week after week the officials step up to new levels of incompetence. It'd hard to fathom how bad they are. It's time we set put a pathway for ex players to become officials because these lads are plumbing new depths. It's embarrassing. And woe betide you appeal a decision, the FAI will dou le down on the sh1t show by rejecting it

Bohtastic
26/05/2023, 11:28 PM
Kicking out when on the ground, you're asking for bother. Towell only has himself to blame.
I think the assistant was the one that gave it.

Jaysus.
Goes to show you. I've looked at McCadden's video and I think he made connection with his boot and that it should have been a penalty, as Towell pulled him down. Don't think I've Red and Black tinted glasses on.

ontheotherhand
26/05/2023, 11:44 PM
Jaysus.
Goes to show you. I've looked at McCadden's video and I think he made connection with his boot and that it should have been a penalty, as Towell pulled him down. Don't think I've Red and Black tinted glasses on.

Maybe brendy lent you his red and white ones?

nigel-harps1954
26/05/2023, 11:54 PM
Harps finally won again,highlight was a goal on his debut from young 16 year old Aaron McLaughlin......

17 years and 14 days. Officially Harps youngest ever competitive goalscorer, beating a record set in 1990 by Barry Patton by all of two days, Patton being 17 years and 16 days when he scored against Kilkenny in January 1990.

2 Year Contract
27/05/2023, 12:36 AM
Have just seen the Mulreany sending off and I wouldn’t agree it was merited. He did go back for seconds, but I thought he must have thrown a dig or something to get himself sent off, but it doesn’t look like it from the footage. My God, that was a sweet victory though. I’d have snatched your hand off for a point after the sending off, but to win it was glorious. Special mention to Tommy Lonergan, who created the goal out of nothing. We looked really up for it in the first half tonight, it’s as good as we’ve played all season. Seemed a bit sluggish at the start of the second half and conceded the early goal. The sending off really got the crowd fired up, and the team responded in kind. Epic stuff.

Just saw it back myself (my post was based on seeing it in real time) and I agree it’s not as clear cut as I first said. Either way I can’t believe Malley was only awarded a yellow for his headlock. Another infuriating decision was when Eoin Doyle was through on goal from a ball over the top so the ref decided to award pats a free kick 80 yards back towards their own goal instead. Absolutely abysmal officiating but ironically I think it helped create an ‘us against the world’ mentality in the team and crowd which was a big factor in getting the win