PDA

View Full Version : FAI: PREVIEW | U17 EURO | Ireland v Hungary

Foot.ie
22/05/2023, 7:10 PM
Ireland produced a stunning 3-0 display against Wales on Saturday to get their European Championships up and running.
Naj Razi scored from a penalty-rebound before Ike Orazi netted his second goal of the tournament. Romeo Akachukwu wrapped it up with a stunning 30-yard strike.
The win means they head into a clash with the hosts tomorrow needing another victory to progress out of Group A and into the Quarter Finals.
The teams have already faced each other this year in friendly action with Ireland winning one game*1-0 and drawing the other 0-0.
Like Ireland, Hungary also suffered defeat to Poland (3-5) and claimed a 3-0 victory over Wales but the Hungarian's will be backed by vocal home support as they too seek a place in the last eight.
Match Details
Fixture:*Ireland MU17 v Hungary MU17
Date:*Tuesday, May 23
Venue:*Puskás Akadêmia Pancho Arena,*Felcsut
Kick-off:*7pm (Irish time)
Where to watch:*RTÉ News Channel & RTÉPlayer
Tickets:*Tickets for the game and the remaining tournament fixtures can be purchased*here*TICKETS (https://u17eb.jegy.hu/?lang=en)
Latest team news:*Ireland have no serious injury concerns ahead of their final game.
Ireland Men’s Under-17 Head Coach said:*“I've*enjoyed*watching this team grow from when they were first in with us last year, through two qualification campaigns and to a European Championships. They've learned so much and we're counting on the*experience they'd learned for*this final group game against a very good Hungary side.
"It will stand to the players so much being at these finals as they are up against the best players from Europe at their age level. I think it's great for their learning and development because you have to be pushed as a player to progress. I still think as a team we're growing and we've one final group game and regardless of what happens with it we have some very talented players in this squad*and the age groups below - that's the big picture."
Ireland Men’s Under-17s forward Naj Razi said:*"It's a proud moment for me and my family to represent my country. It's great to be involved and have two starts, two assists and a goal. Saturday was a great reaction from the boys, the first game wasn't us so it was great so show who we are.
"We've played Hungary earlier this year but in a tournament it's obviously going to be tougher. They're a tough opponent but we'll prepare right and go all out for the three points."
Ireland Under-17 Squad*
Goalkeepers:*Joe Collins (Bohemians), Jason Healy (Waterford)*
Defenders:*Stanley Ashbee (Hull City), Daniel Babb (UCD), Jake Grante (Crystal Palace), Kaylem Harnett (Wexford FC), Cory O’Sullivan (Shamrock Rovers), Ade Solanke (Shamrock Rovers)*
Midfielders:*Romeo Akachukwu (Waterford), Rhys Bartley (St. Patrick’s Athletic), Luke Kehir (St. Patrick’s Athletic), Matthew Moore (Cork City), Danny McGrath (Bohemians), Taylor Mooney (Bohemians), Freddie Turley (Shamrock Rovers)*
Forwards:*Mason Melia (St. Patrick’s Athletic), Matthew Murray (Cork City), Ike Orazi (Shamrock Rovers), Nickson Oksoun (Bohemians), Naj Razi (Shamrock Rovers)*

Ireland Category:
Under 17 Mens (https://foot.ie/ireland/teams/under-17-mens)

Choose Site:
Ireland

Match Preview / Report:
Match Preview

Introduction:
Ireland produced a stunning 3-0 display against Wales on Saturday to get their European Championships up and running.

[MORE (https://www.fai.ie/ireland/news/preview-u17-euro-ireland-v-hungary)]