PDA

View Full Version : JudasWatch

pineapple stu
15/08/2005, 9:13 PM
Might be an interesting thread for the remainder of the season.

Kieran Foley scored the winner for Rovers against Waterford at the weekend - who apparently is 30 and formerly played for Pat's and Galway. :confused:

Tadhg Purcell is leading Kilkenny's charge up the table - he's their joint top scorer with 5. Batman is Monaghan's top scorer with 6, Barry Moran has 11 for Galway.

A few knocking in goals in the Premier - 6 for Ciarán Martyn at Derry, 3 apiece for Dessie Baker and Andy Myler at Longford (1 for Johnny Martin), 4 each for Mark Leech and Gavin Whelan at Drogheda (and 1 for Rooney :D ) and 4 also for Robbie Doyle at Pat's. Just a solitary goal at Waterford for Seán Finn (and Willie Doyle), meaning they're just one off the Blues' top mark!

superfrank
15/08/2005, 10:20 PM
Well Hugh Davey didn't score for us so there's one lad you don't have to worry about....

Just out of curiosity, who's Batman?

Poor Student
16/08/2005, 10:08 AM
Batman is Phillip Hughes. I wouldn't call him a Judas. He was released by the club. I still think it's a pity. Clive Delaney has scored for Derry this season too.

Schumi
16/08/2005, 11:55 AM
Batman is Phillip Hughes. I wouldn't call him a Judas. He was released by the club.
Purcell, Moran and Foley were all released as well I think in fairness.

pineapple stu
16/08/2005, 12:30 PM
Yeah, "Judas" is a catch-all term really to describe our former players more than anything. No ill-will necessarily meant.

Is Hughie still at Bray? I see he hasn't featured for the last few weeks.

There's talk of Glen Fitzpatrick going to Linfield! :eek:

superfrank
16/08/2005, 12:41 PM
I think he's gone back to the States. I've heard rumours of Fitzpatrick to here too....

Schumi
16/08/2005, 1:05 PM
I've heard rumours of Fitzpatrick to here too....
:D :D

superfrank
18/08/2005, 1:38 PM
Of course there's good ol' Robbie Dunne but he hasn't scored for us.......yet.

pineapple stu
18/08/2005, 5:24 PM
Is Kev Grogan playing or is he injured again?

pineapple stu
21/08/2005, 4:08 PM
Purcell scores twice as Kilkenny win 4-1 in Monaghan to make it eight wins out of nine! :eek: And this after winning one of their first 15 games!

CollegeTillIDie
21/08/2005, 5:01 PM
Purcell scores twice as Kilkenny win 4-1 in Monaghan to make it eight wins out of nine! :eek: And this after winning one of their first 15 games!
Pat Scully Manager of the Year? :D

Poor Student
21/08/2005, 5:03 PM
Does Jason Sherlock's performances for County Dublin count for Judas Watch? :D Even better would he come back and play for us? :(

CollegeTillIDie
21/08/2005, 5:17 PM
Does Jason Sherlock's performances for County Dublin count for Judas Watch? :D Even better would he come back and play for us? :(

He gave up Soccer in favour of GAA during his tenure with Shamrock Rovers. In a sentence... not a hope in hell!
And he would be more likely to play for UCD than any other Soccer team if he did return to real football.

Poor Student
21/08/2005, 5:24 PM
Does he play his GAA club football with us? I wonder would he ever be tempted at a crack at the real thing? He's probably too old now anyway to go back.

CollegeTillIDie
21/08/2005, 5:27 PM
Does he play his GAA club football with us? I wonder would he ever be tempted at a crack at the real thing? He's probably too old now anyway to go back.

No you have to be a registered student or post graduate to play bogball for College. He plays for Na Fianna at Club level.

Stevo Da Gull
21/08/2005, 10:00 PM

He's only made the bench once or twice this season and I dont think he's made an appearance, I presume through lack of fitness :(

BrayZil
23/08/2005, 11:32 AM

Unfortunately Grogan has had to retire from playing football due to injury. He's still involved in the club tho

Schumi
23/08/2005, 11:53 AM
Sad to hear, best of luck to him in his new role.

pineapple stu
23/08/2005, 12:25 PM
Shame about Kev, though not entirely unexpected.

I believe Glen Fitzpatrick lost in the League Cup semi last night and is looking at not picking up a trophy at all this season! :)

CollegeTillIDie
23/08/2005, 7:46 PM
Unfortunately Grogan has had to retire from playing football due to injury. He's still involved in the club tho

he's been busy collecting coaching qualifications over the past few seasons. You haven't seen the last of Kev Grogan ;)

pineapple stu
26/08/2005, 8:28 PM
Mark Leech (now he is a proper Judas) opened the scoring against Dundalk in the Cup tonight. Gav Whelan started, Rooney's just come on but no sign of Sully.

CollegeTillIDie
26/08/2005, 8:53 PM
As regards the Drogs... one Judas replaced another one in the substitutions.... :D