PDA

View Full Version : Curtis Fleming

dcfcsteve
15/08/2005, 8:34 PM
I've seen Fleming play about 4 or 5 games now - including some fairly key ones - and I have to say, he looks rather average.

I know a player in his position isn't supposed to set the world alight, but he is supposed to be solid, which he's not. His tackles are often not decisive, he's not difficult to run or dribble around, and his passing is at times woeful. I really don't see what he's brought to the league that wasn't already here...?

What sort of yo-yo's is he on at Shels ? Can't be cheap surely...

Dr.Nightdub
15/08/2005, 9:06 PM
Dunno what he's getting from Shels, but he wanted €900 from us afaik. Glad we got Frosty instead.

Dodge
15/08/2005, 9:08 PM
Was loooking for 900 a week from pats and would only be in ireland for 5 days of the week. Not sure about transport costs tbh...

He was as good a player as there's been in this league back in late 80s/early 90s but now he's past it. Great to see him play a role in the Shels downfall though, showing he's still a Pat's man at heart

thejollyrodger
15/08/2005, 9:42 PM
Flemming is a fúcking muppet and should be sold off tomorrow morning

razor
15/08/2005, 9:58 PM
Strange choice to play him in midfield tonight, thought he looked a bit lost.

EnDai
16/08/2005, 6:49 AM
He was lost.

Dodge
16/08/2005, 7:54 AM
Yeah but that's Nutsy's fault for playing him there. He's never played in midfield in his long career

EnDai
16/08/2005, 8:21 AM
Precisely.

paudie
16/08/2005, 9:00 AM
Great defender in his day but over the hill now. Strange decision to play him in midfield in such a big game.

pete
16/08/2005, 9:06 AM
I think anyone playing for Shels now would look crap. However i though Fleming was brought in for left back & defensive cover. says a lot that Fenlon would play him in midfield ahead of Moore, Ndo, Ryan, Reynolds etc...

:rolleyes:

patsh
16/08/2005, 9:36 AM
I think anyone playing for Shels now would look crap. However i though Fleming was brought in for left back & defensive cover. says a lot that Fenlon would play him in midfield ahead of Moore, Ndo, Ryan, Reynolds etc...

:rolleyes:
Fleming should be at left back ahead of Crawley, Ndo or Moore in midfield.
All $h€l$ fans seem to know this, most eL fans do as well, why can't Nuttsy and the ballboy figure this out?

tiktok
16/08/2005, 9:40 AM

Exactly Patsh, why is it obvious to everybody apart from Fenlon and Bosco?

Slash/ED
16/08/2005, 11:51 AM
All $h€l$ fans seem to know this, most eL fans do as well, why can't Nuttsy and the ballboy figure this out?

There is nobody on the planet who would disagree with you bar one man :(

DannyInvincible
18/04/2017, 1:13 PM
'‘I gave up my wedding to make my Irish debut - it may have been a once in a lifetime chance'': http://www.the42.ie/curtis-fleming-long-read-interview-3337672-Apr2017/

I had all these League of Ireland managers coming down to my house asking me to sign. I was turning them away. But then Brian Kerr came down and he said: ‘I want you to sign for Pat’s. Some people say you can’t make the step up from schoolboys to League of Ireland, but I am going to play you in the first 10 games of the season. If you don’t do well enough, then I may drop you, but I can’t see that happening.’ I signed and then had a wonderful time with Pat’s. I probably didn’t appreciate it enough back then, but there was so much laughter.

I had calls to play for Jamaica – who went on to play in the 1998 World Cup – because my father was from there. I was asked to play but I wouldn’t. I was brought up Irish and I am mad about Ireland, so I wanted to wait. I knew if I just got one cap for Ireland I would be buzzing and luckily enough I got 10. And making my debut against Portugal was an amazing feeling. Standing there singing the national anthem with the shirt on – being one of the 11 Irishmen that can play – for me that was a dream. I gave up my wedding, it may have been a once in a lifetime chance, I had to take it. We were due to get married in Las Vegas but I got a call from Mick McCarthy, so we ended up getting married in the Middlesbrough Registry Office.