PDA

View Full Version : Stoopid northsoiderz

joeSoap
15/08/2005, 10:42 AM
North Dublin students 'less likely to go to college'

11:35 Monday August 15th 2005

School-leavers from north Dublin are significantly less likely to go to college, according to a group set up to promote enterprise and development in the area
The Northside Partnership said less than one-eighth of children from certain parts of north Dublin went on to third-level education, compared to more than half of the general population.

The group said a combination of social and economic factors were to blame, with many people in the locality pessimistic about their educational and employment prospects.

The figures were released today to coincide with the launch of a scholarship scheme to support students from low income families.

sligoman
15/08/2005, 11:28 AM
Hey Joe, you spelt stupid northsiders wrong :rolleyes: :D

BohDiddley
15/08/2005, 11:49 AM
Joe, I find your post offensive, as I believe most reasonable people would. So here's a lesson from a northsider. You can't spell practising.
Is that some third level of thick, or is it just plain stupid?

PS: you can change your sig now, but I've copied it here just to remind you.

One day, I'll drink the Guinness Brewery dry.........until then I'll have to keep practicing !!

sligoman
15/08/2005, 11:52 AM
:eek:, oooohhhhh, fight! :D

Roadend
15/08/2005, 12:17 PM
Joe, I find your post offensive, as I believe most reasonable people would. So here's a lesson from a northsider. You can't spell practising.
Is that some third level of thick, or is it just plain stupid?

PS: you can change your sig now, but I've copied it here just to remind you.

Actually practicing is correct and practising is not in this context, clever clogs.

BohDiddley
15/08/2005, 12:24 PM
No, it's not (http://dictionary.cambridge.org/define.asp?key=62108&dict=CALD)

Roadend
15/08/2005, 12:26 PM
practice [Show phonetics]
noun [C or U]
when you do something regularly or repeatedly to improve your skill at doing it:

Yes, it is.

dahamsta
15/08/2005, 12:28 PM
"Stoopid" thread, ta ta.