PDA

View Full Version : Cork 0-16 0-15 Clare

Peadar
15/08/2005, 9:51 AM
Not much chance of there being a Clare person on here I suppose but, ha ha ha. :D
Cork not playing well, Clare 6 points ahead and getting all mouthy. Then they bottle it and lose by a single point. Sport can be so cruel! :D

Clifford
15/08/2005, 12:24 PM
Bunch of bottlers the ould banner men eh. They'll all be burning the bonfires for nothing now.

What a comeback by the boys.

joeSoap
15/08/2005, 12:37 PM
It was a great game, but an average team like Clare badly exposed Corks flaws for an hour. Cork don't like it up 'em it seems, and were not able for the physicality of the Clare boys who ruffled thier feathers every chance they got, legally I might add. Lohan totally dominated Corcoran for the duration and as a result Joe Deane and the other forwards hardly got a sniff.

Great comeback, but inspired by fresh legs and Clares lack of decent subs and Colin Lynchs obvious bet on Cork to win by one point.

Major improvement needed or destruction by Henry Shefflin awaits.

Clifford
15/08/2005, 1:03 PM
It was a great game, but an average team like Clare badly exposed Corks flaws for an hour. Cork don't like it up 'em it seems, and were not able for the physicality of the Clare boys who ruffled thier feathers every chance they got, legally I might add. Lohan totally dominated Corcoran for the duration and as a result Joe Deane and the other forwards hardly got a sniff.

Great comeback, but inspired by fresh legs and Clares lack of decent subs and Colin Lynchs obvious bet on Cork to win by one point.

Major improvement needed or destruction by Henry Shefflin awaits.

Yeah, so Cork strolled through it thinking it would be easier than it actually was, but it's a 70 min game and Claire scored only twice in the last twenty five mins or so. Fair play to them for running themselves to a standstill, but it's pointless unless you are fit enough or good enough to win it in the first half (a la Cork v Tipp).

It looks like KK and Cork are so far ahead of the rest that they will both get to the final not really having been pushed to the limit.