PDA

View Full Version : How to Get 250mb FREE with Hotmail

eamoss
14/08/2005, 12:01 PM
Get more storage space with hotmail.

This does work!
***EMAILS ARE DELETED FROM INBOX***
To get passed this move all your emails from your inbox into a folder!

Steps are

1.Login your Hotmail account and go to options.

2.Go to "Personal"

3.Click "My Profile

4.Change Country to "United States"

5. Wait for browser to load United states settings

6. Change the state to "Florida" and zip code "33332"

7. Click "Save"

8. Click "Continue"

9. Paste this link in the same browser that you are working on.

http://by17fd.bay17.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/Accountclose

10.Wait until the Screen says you're Hotmail is Closed and ready to be deleted.

11.Click "Close Account".

12. Go back to login page and relogin to ur hotmail account..!!

You will get a screen mentioning an Account has been reserved for you or

something like that, on that screen click accept On the next screen click

on the link that says Free hotmail, once you do that you will get an option

to subscribe to news letters, don't check any boxes and click continue, and

you are all set You can now change back Your address to your original address

Your account size will now increase to 25 MB which in 30days becomes 250 mb.

Ruairi
14/08/2005, 4:20 PM
Or you could get gmail by PM'ing someone in the gmail invites thread and save yourself the hassle.. although who needs 2 gigs of email space anyway...

Gerrit
14/08/2005, 5:23 PM
I would like a second Gmail account (but haven't invited myself yet because I'm not sure if it's according to the rules to have 2 Gmail accounts), the more storage space the better I'd say :)

Why bothering to upgrade Hotmail??
- you'll get upgraded in the end, just wait few months and you have 250 MB without tricks
- Yahoo gives 1 GB and Gmail 2.4 GB, why would you prefer Hotmail then ?

Personally I wish to add I prefer Gmail's simple interface without disburbing publicity banners like Hotmail...

eamoss
14/08/2005, 5:33 PM
I have an Gmail, Yahoo & Walla(3Gbs) email accounts but I use msn messenger a lot and I get sent email to my hotmail witch I forward on to my other accounts.

Gerrit
14/08/2005, 5:38 PM
Walla is not working very well, I've heard, but is that true or didn't you experience any difficulties yet?

I have Gmail, Fastmail, Hotmail (though hardly used) and Yahoo. I do email myself a lot - whenever I need a file to be stored and my USB pen is nowhere near: I just mail from my Yahoo to my Gmail :)
I need a mailbox with my own domainname now (I have one .com and two .info domains) but not sure where is the best place to host the mailbox...

Oh yeah, there's www.dublin.ie and www.belfast.com where you can have mailboxes as well. Nice addresses, though not sure if the services are professionally enough lead to remain in operation for a long time...

and for the few Hibs fans on here, you can also register a free @myedinburgh.org address at www.myedinburgh.org :D

Gerrit
14/08/2005, 5:40 PM
Or who wants an email address here ? :D

www.hotmale.com :eek:

carrickharp
15/08/2005, 8:28 AM
Set up this months ago and still have only 25mb :confused: Think this was posted before on here??

Gerrit
15/08/2005, 7:55 PM
Mail.ru is what you need if you want unlimited MB for free ---> everytime you're close to the limit, you can ask for 5 MB extra for free, and they never ever refuse. Thank god for Russian internet sites :D