PDA

View Full Version : Shelbourne - if only they had got past Steaua

Réiteoir
13/08/2005, 10:16 PM
Never a better chance to get into the Group Stages has been put on a plate from Rosenborg - Especially after the 13-time Norwegian Champions turn in this kind of performance this afternoon against a team that got promoted last season:

FT Start Kristiansand [5 - 2] Rosenborg

9' [1 - 0] K. Hæstad
13' [2 - 0] T. Jónsson
20' [3 - 0] T. Jónsson
38' [4 - 0] T. Jónsson
45' [4 - 1] Ø. Storflor
62' [4 - 2] Ø. Storflor
84' [5 - 2] S. Pedersen

I may shell out the 50kr to watch the game rerun over the web

Gerrit
14/08/2005, 4:07 PM
:mad:

You may be aware Start is on its way to the championship title ?? Yes, newly promoted Start are on top of the table, so this loss is no shame for us.

And we have a great position to reach our 12th Champions League in 13 years after we drew 1-1 in Romania. Look, the championship is stuffed up already, why would we care about this loss ? As long as we beat Steaua at Lerkendal and get the CL cash again the season is saved.

Réiteoir
14/08/2005, 4:19 PM
:mad:

You may be aware Start is on its way to the championship title ?? Yes, newly promoted Start are on top of the table, so this loss is no shame for us.

And we have a great position to reach our 12th Champions League in 13 years after we drew 1-1 in Romania. Look, the championship is stuffed up already, why would we care about this loss ? As long as we beat Steaua at Lerkendal and get the CL cash again the season is saved.

I won't mention the Fredrikstad game a couple of weeks earlier then :D

It's great being a Vålerenga fan over the past couple of seasons - finally challenging for titles after the dark days of Adeccoligaen football a few years ago - attracting some decent players - and only 90 minutes away from a possible Champions League Group Stage place :D

thejollyrodger
14/08/2005, 4:27 PM
yeah but rosenborg got the 1-1 away from home so they havent exactly fell apart. they can put the performances in and get the results when they count. I reckon Rosenborg will beat Steaua at home.

Still it was a brilliant draw, pity nutsy didnt have our defence sorted out

Gerrit
14/08/2005, 4:32 PM
I reckon Rosenborg will beat Steaua at home.

Our whole season is saved if we win that one game... Even if we'd lose the games in the CL, getting in it alone would save the year.

bigmac
14/08/2005, 5:48 PM
It's great being a Vålerenga fan over the past couple of seasons - finally challenging for titles after the dark days of Adeccoligaen football a few years ago - attracting some decent players - and only 90 minutes away from a possible Champions League Group Stage place :D

Yeah, I just hope that Valerenga get drawn with some decent teams - would love to see the top European teams play in the flesh.

Poor Student
14/08/2005, 7:24 PM
Lads, if enough of you have an interest in Norweigan football you can always start up a thread over on the world football forum.

Réiteoir
15/08/2005, 11:26 AM
http://foot.ie/showthread.php?p=332563