Fulham 0-0 Birmingham C
Manchester C 0-0 West Brom
Portsmouth 0-2 Tottenham
Sunderland 1-3 Charlton Ath
West Ham United 3-1 Blackburn Rvs

LATEST SCORE
Middlesbrough 0-0 Liverpool
-----------------------------------------------------------
No surprises really. What do the rest of ye think?

superfrank
13/08/2005, 4:34 PM
I'll be happy as long as Chelsea humiliate Wigan tomorrow.

sligoman
13/08/2005, 4:40 PM
I'll be happy as long as Chelsea humiliate Wigan tomorrow.Ch€lski :rolleyes:

superfrank
13/08/2005, 4:43 PM
Before you go pointing that snotty finger at me, I've been a Chelsea (see how it's spelt?) fan for over eight years now and we certainly weren't big back then.

Do you support any English team?

sligoman
13/08/2005, 4:48 PM
Do you support any English team?Indeed I do, but I aint telling you :p

superfrank
13/08/2005, 4:53 PM
Fine, be that way. :p :mad:

sligoman
13/08/2005, 5:11 PM
Fine, be that way. :p :mad:Here's a hint, they won 2-0 away from home today and it wasn't Spurs ;)

sligoman
13/08/2005, 5:18 PM
LATEST SCORE
Middlesbrough 0-0 LiverpoolStill 0-0 at half time ;)

pete
13/08/2005, 5:25 PM
I see Rooney had big celebration in Goodison Park. What happened the unwritten rule of not celebrating in front against old team?

Setanta Coverage from Sunderland was shocking. Commentary was 3-4 seconds ahead of the picture so when forward teeing up a shot the commentator was already telling me it was in the back of the new. :rolleyes:

West Ham win & Manchester City only drawing were surprises.

sligoman
13/08/2005, 11:51 PM
West Ham win & Manchester City only drawing were surprises.Man City was I suppose but West Ham wasn't a shock to me. Blackburn are going down this season

CollegeTillIDie
14/08/2005, 10:00 AM
Premiersh1t; premiersh1t ; premiersh1t... to the air of Here We Go :D

Bluesky
14/08/2005, 10:33 AM
As opposed to Serbo-Yugo-Monto League ?

superfrank
14/08/2005, 12:11 PM
Here's a hint, they won 2-0 away from home today and it wasn't Spurs ;)
Oh you mean the Manchester Red Sox?

sligoman
14/08/2005, 12:15 PM
Oh you mean the Manchester Red Sox? :confused:, No they're called Manchester United ;) :cool:

superfrank
14/08/2005, 12:28 PM
Either way they'll finish third.

sligoman
14/08/2005, 1:18 PM
Either way they'll finish third.Ya ya, we'll see ;)

Poor Student
14/08/2005, 7:31 PM
I'll be happy as long as Chelsea humiliate Wigan tomorrow.

Ahem? Just about scrapped it today. ;) 2-0 win for Arsenal too. Took them sometime to break down Newcastle's ten men.

Peadar
15/08/2005, 7:54 AM
2-0 win for Arsenal too. Took them sometime to break down Newcastle's ten men.

I was lucky enough to be at this game.
Newcastle did a Longford Town on it.
Given was unlucky for both goals as precise finishing gave him little chance.

Karlos
15/08/2005, 8:03 AM
I was lucky enough to be at this game.

Me too. Toon were difficult to breakdown and Arsenal were a little over elaborate and took the extra touch far too many times for my liking. Possession play was good however and never looked like conceeding. Jenas looked like a sending off to me - although I only saw it the once when it actually happened - possibly might have looked worse than what it was. Van Persie and Hleb were excellent when they came on and will be pushing for a starting spot against Chavski next weekend. Happy enough with the start, 3 points in the bag

** topped off my trip with meeting Kenny Cunningham in Stansted yesterday evening and having a lovely 5 minute chat with him and getting a nice picture of him with my nephew. Confirmed what I always suspected - what a truely sincere, pleasant and model professional we now have as Captain of our country.

Peadar
15/08/2005, 8:35 AM
Jenas looked like a sending off to me - although I only saw it the once when it actually happened - possibly might have looked worse than what it was.

Tackle from behind, two feet, red card, no question!
Good to see players booked for dissent too.

Confirmed what I always suspected - what a truely sincere, pleasant and model professional we now have as Captain of our country.

A gent and very articulate.

NeilMcD
15/08/2005, 1:59 PM
Never a sending off he got the ball, the ref could not even see it as he was blocked by a newcastle player and an Arsenal player. The ref has writtend to Newcaslte to day saying sorry for the decision and the FA have reduced it to a yellow. So I think that says it all really.

Karlos
15/08/2005, 3:38 PM
Never a sending off he got the ball, the ref could not even see it as he was blocked by a newcastle player and an Arsenal player. The ref has writtend to Newcaslte to day saying sorry for the decision and the FA have reduced it to a yellow. So I think that says it all really.

Finally got to see the incident again and I think he was a little unlucky to be red carded given that it looked unitentional. However I don't agree that he got the ball, as you cannot win a ball by following through to injure someone, unintentionally or not. If he'd won the ball fairly it would have been recinded fullstop, however the yellow card is correct as it was a foul and most certainly was a booking.

Well played the Ref for holding his hand up afterwards..........pity Mike Riley wouldn't follow suit! :rolleyes:

NeilMcD
15/08/2005, 3:49 PM
It is quite possible to get the ball and foul the player. He fouled Gilberto but it was not a sending off it was a yellow card. But in my eyes he did make contact with the ball.