PDA

View Full Version : Serbo-Montenegrin Prva Liga

Pages : [1] 2

CollegeTillIDie
13/08/2005, 6:57 AM
Crvena Zvezda under new coach Walter Zenga dropped two points in their opening League game of the 2005/06 campaign in a 2-2 draw away to Hajduk Kula. Defending champions Partizan got their campaign off to a good start with a 2-0 win over newly promoted Jedinstvo.

ciaran76
13/08/2005, 1:02 PM
Walter Zenga !!! Jeez was wondering where he ws now !

Closed Account 2
13/08/2005, 8:00 PM
When are the Belgrade derbies scheduled for ?

jorge
13/08/2005, 10:05 PM
I heard Zenga was sacked from smewhere??? :confused:

Closed Account 2
13/08/2005, 11:07 PM
yeah they kicked him out of Steaua Bucharest

thejollyrodger
14/08/2005, 8:47 AM
when did they do that ? is that Steaua's old manager?

CollegeTillIDie
14/08/2005, 9:44 AM
when did they do that ? is that Steaua's old manager?
Zenga was shown the door by Steaua in April of 2005 I think. He got the Red Star gig in July following the resignation of the previous coach. They lost the Yugo Cup Final to Zeleznik who have merged with a lower Division club beginning with V and will be known by that latter name this season.

It was a season of Upheaval at The Marakhana last season as an early exit from the UEFA but a huge strain on finances. Club President Dragan Dzajic tendered his resignation in September, it was not accepted and he was asked to stay on . He did until March/April when he resigned formally. He has been replaced as President by another Zvezda legend Dragan Stojkovic . "Piksi"as he is known had previously been the Serbia-Montenegrin FA President. His resignation was accepted by the FA who have appointed the vice-president as interim FA President until the next selection.

CollegeTillIDie
14/08/2005, 9:46 AM
When are the Belgrade derbies scheduled for ?
For some reason that information has not been stuck on the web thus far. As soon as I can locate it I will post it here for you.

Closed Account 2
14/08/2005, 3:33 PM
yeah thanks, that would be good!

superfrank
14/08/2005, 4:17 PM
For some reason that information has not been stuck on the web thus far. As soon as I can locate it I will post it here for you.
Maybe so the fans won't plan attacks or something.

It's not as crazy as it sounds...

Poor Student
14/08/2005, 7:49 PM
Did you look around at all CTID? Partizan's site says Zvezda v Partizan is on the 15th of October.

Zvezda were beaten by Zemun 1-0 today. Partizan have just beaten Sartid 2-1.

CollegeTillIDie
14/08/2005, 10:38 PM
Poor Student

Partizan's site told me nothing yesterday and Zvezdas is undergoing a revamp so no fixtures there either. That Zemun result is a shocker. If Zvezda don't win on October 15th they can kiss this season's title goodbye.

CollegeTillIDie
15/08/2005, 10:22 PM
Did you look around at all CTID? Partizan's site says Zvezda v Partizan is on the 15th of October.

Zvezda were beaten by Zemun 1-0 today. Partizan have just beaten Sartid 2-1.

I have to correct you.. FC Rad were beaten by Zemun. Zvezda were idle because their game was postponed due to being on UEFA Cup duty on Thursday in Croatia , which they won 3-1 incidentally.

Poor Student
16/08/2005, 10:15 AM
Now that I look at livescore I see it was Rad Belgrade. I wonder did I see it wrong or did they change it. :p

Lim till i die
16/08/2005, 2:25 PM
Just to go off on a tangent here for anyone in the know whats the historical rivalry between Partizan and Red Star? Would I be right in thinking Red Star are the more left wing of the two :confused:

Partizan
16/08/2005, 2:36 PM
Red Star - Cetniks (Serb nationalists) Went to a match in the Marakana stadium last year against Zemun and alot of flagwaving going. CCCC flags

Partizan - traditionally Yugophiles (probably changed now)as they were the club of the JNA & Tito. The Black & Whites still get alot of support in the former YU republics. I have a few Macedonian mates and there Partizan nutters.

btw CTID is a Cetnik. :D

Going back to Serbia real soon. Hopefully in late September. Great place for food, beer and ahem, the ladies.

Lim till i die
16/08/2005, 2:39 PM
Red Star - Cetniks (Serb nationalists)

Partizan - traditionally Yugophiles (probably changed now)as they were the club of the JNA & Tito. The Black & Whites still get alot of support in the former YU republics. I have a few Macedonian mates and there Partizan nutters.

Good man yourself Partizan, always fascinated by Eastern European soccer tho I know next to f all about it. anyone recommend good books, dvds, etc. :confused:

Poor Student
16/08/2005, 3:26 PM
Going back to Serbia real soon. Hopefully in late September. Great place for food, beer and ahem, the ladies.

I'm eating some Serbian made burek right now. Mmmmmm.

Partizan
16/08/2005, 7:40 PM
I'm eating some Serbian made burek right now. Mmmmmm.

Macedonian burek is the best. :D

CollegeTillIDie
16/08/2005, 8:08 PM
Red Star - Cetniks (Serb nationalists) Went to a match in the Marakana stadium last year against Zemun and alot of flagwaving going. CCCC flags

Partizan

Not a Cetnik at all . Just a Zvezdash.. I am a Yugophile through and through.
Don't forget I was in the JNA Stadium cheering on your lot in the Champions League back in December 2003. I have not yet been to a Zvezda game.

Shame they were made change the name of the country. I liked the idea of a 2 republic Yugoslavia. I actually own 5 different National team shirts. 4 of them Yugoslavia only 1 is Serbia/Montenegro. My support of Zvezda stems from my admiration of some of their players such as Dzajic, when they played for Yugoslavia in the 1974 World Cup.

I endorse what you say about the place especially the women. Yugobabes rock.

P.S. For the record Tito was my favourite Communist leader ever!

CollegeTillIDie
19/08/2005, 10:40 PM
Partizan

PB Are as Serbian Nationalist as anyone else these days. The Chant "Serbia" echoed around all four sides of the stadium during the game I was at in the JNA Stadium. I remarked to Harpojoyce who was there too that " at least they know which country they are in " :D

Partizan
20/08/2005, 10:31 AM
Partizan

PB Are as Serbian Nationalist as anyone else these days. The Chant "Serbia" echoed around all four sides of the stadium during the game I was at in the JNA Stadium. I remarked to Harpojoyce who was there too that " at least they know which country they are in " :D

true College.

I was in the Marakana last year for a league game against Zemun so like you I was briefly in the lion's den. Coldest day of the year I picked too I tell ya. The concept of Yugoslavia is dead, thanks to the NATO/EU and the native politicians on all sides who helped bury it. I always had a soft spot for the Serbs since they have a similar history to us but I dont condone what happened in Bosnia. Its a pity the West has rightly screwed them over along with Slobbo. I remember the NATO bombings in '99 and me taking to the streets with the TARGET t-shirt while SKY & BBC let loose pure unadultarated bile against them. You'd swear the KLA were angels.

I was never in the old YU but some of my Party comrades were and marveled at the beauty of the country. It saddens me to think of what has happened and I'm still angry at Germany, Austria. EU and the Yanks for goading the Slovenes & Croats on and now we have inherited a fvcking mess. Why didnt they leave the Yugoslavs alone to sort it out. There wouldnt have been the bloodshed.

Anyway enough of the rant. When are you going back to Serbia. Hopefully I'll be back soon in the next month or so and pick up my Partizan shirt. Hey is there any way I might be able to buy an old YU shirt off you or if you know anyone who has one.

Feel free to debate with me too. :D

CollegeTillIDie
20/08/2005, 3:08 PM
true College.

I was in the Marakana last year for a league game against Zemun so like you I was briefly in the lion's den. Coldest day of the year I picked too I tell ya. The concept of Yugoslavia is dead, thanks to the NATO/EU and the native politicians on all sides who helped bury it. I always had a soft spot for the Serbs since they have a similar history to us but I dont condone what happened in Bosnia. Its a pity the West has rightly screwed them over along with Slobbo. I remember the NATO bombings in '99 and me taking to the streets with the TARGET t-shirt while SKY & BBC let loose pure unadultarated bile against them. You'd swear the KLA were angels.

I was never in the old YU but some of my Party comrades were and marveled at the beauty of the country. It saddens me to think of what has happened and I'm still angry at Germany, Austria. EU and the Yanks for goading the Slovenes & Croats on and now we have inherited a fvcking mess. Why didnt they leave the Yugoslavs alone to sort it out. There wouldnt have been the bloodshed.

Anyway enough of the rant. When are you going back to Serbia. Hopefully I'll be back soon in the next month or so and pick up my Partizan shirt. Hey is there any way I might be able to buy an old YU shirt off you or if you know anyone who has one.

Feel free to debate with me too. :D

I would not take issue with a lot of what you said in any way. I was struck by something a female friend in Novi Sad said to me when I visited her in 2003. She was disgusted with them having to change their name . Her precise words were" they will not allow us to have any form of Yugoslavia."

I had the privilege through my various football involvements to meet a delegate from the Bosnian FA who had been involved on the Moslem side in the civil war. He told me a different story to what we had been given in the Western media. He said that the Serbs took the men( potential fighters) out of villages and killed them largely leaving the rest of the population intact. The Bosnian Croats went into villages and indiscrimnately killed men , women and children alike. These were things which were never disclosed at the time.
Another thing which proves all along what I had said at the time of the Bosnian Civil War... there were no good guys in it. Each grouping were equally capable of behaving in a reprehensible manner. And yet I have enjoyed meeting any person I have met from Ex-Yugoslavia regardless of ethnicity or creed.

CollegeTillIDie
20/08/2005, 6:33 PM
Not sure when I am going back there. I hope to soon. Just clicked on to Currency Exchange Website. The Dinar has devalued since my last visit in 2003.
1.00 EUR Euro = 84.5709 CSD Serbian Dinars

As regards old shirts. Plan on hanging on to them for a while. If I change my mind you'll be the first to know. www.toffs.co.uk They have a 1950's retro Yugoslavia shirt in their catalogue which you can inspect online.

CollegeTillIDie
20/08/2005, 8:35 PM
Partizan

Habitfarm 0 Partizan Belgrade 1
Crvena Zvezda 3 Vozdovac(incorporating Zeleznik) 1

And so it begins :D

CollegeTillIDie
21/08/2005, 3:01 PM
. Hey is there any way I might be able to buy an old YU shirt off you or if you know anyone who has one. :D
Try this link which I was tipped off about by sirhamish...http://www.subsidesports.com/uk/store/product_list.jsp?id=49

Poor Student
24/08/2005, 4:31 PM
So Partizan have been dumped out by Artmedia Bratislava on penalties after 0-0 on agg. Fair play to them. They join Maribor of Slovenia of being the only sides to go from QL Round 1 to the group phase I believe.

I watched the first half of Zvezda's league game on RTS. That Vozdovac weren't too bad. I wonder how Zvezda turned them over in the 2nd half. That Pantelić is a moany fecker.

CollegeTillIDie
24/08/2005, 9:48 PM
So Partizan have been dumped out by Artmedia Bratislava on penalties after 0-0 on agg. Fair play to them. They join Maribor of Slovenia of being the only sides to go from QL Round 1 to the group phase I believe.

I watched the first half of Zvezda's league game on RTS. That Vozdovac weren't too bad. I wonder how Zvezda turned them over in the 2nd half. That Pantelić is a moany fecker.

Vozdovac won the Cup last year under their old name Zeleznik. Zeleznik withdrew from the UEFA Cup for financial reasons and merged with second Division side Vozdovac. They play in Zeleznik's old Stadium but as Vozdovac own Zeleznik effectively and their assets.. they are using the former Division 2 sides name. And they retained many of the players that won them the Cup last season. It was sweet revenge for Zvezda though as they were beaten in that final by Zeleznik(now merged with Vozdovac).

As regards Pantelić ....Can you name one Ex-Yugoslav football player who is any use who isn't? :D

CollegeTillIDie
25/08/2005, 10:27 PM
Crvena Zvezda won their second leg 4-0 against Inter of Croatia.

Go on ya good things... Ja Sam Zvezdash :D

CollegeTillIDie
28/08/2005, 4:54 PM
Borac Cucak just turned Red Star over 2-1 :eek:

I wonder how long Zenga will last there now ......

Partizan
28/08/2005, 4:59 PM
Borac Cucak just turned Red Star over 2-1 :eek:

I wonder how long Zenga will last there now ......

Keep up the good work Walter. :D

PARTIZAN........MNOGO SMO JAKI

CollegeTillIDie
28/08/2005, 9:50 PM
Keep up the good work Walter. :D

PARTIZAN........MNOGO SMO JAKI

Partizan 0 OFK Beograd 1 :D

Check out this website www.titoville.com... in English interesting stuff about Gospodin Broz.

CollegeTillIDie
28/08/2005, 10:07 PM
F.A. of Serbia and Montenegro Meridian First League - 2005/2006
Pos. Team Pld W D L GF GA Pts
1 OFK Belgrade 4 4 0 0 6 0 12
2 Zemun 4 3 1 0 5 1 10
3 Partizan Belgrade 4 3 0 1 5 2 9
4 Zeta 4 2 1 1 2 3 7
5 Borac Cucak 4 2 1 1 3 2 7
6 Banatski 4 2 1 1 3 2 7
7 Vojvodina Novi Sad 4 2 0 2 2 3 6
8 Budućnost 4 1 2 1 5 6 5
9 Smederevo 4 1 2 1 3 3 5
10 Red Star Belgrade 3 1 1 1 6 5 4
11 Voždovac Belgrade 4 1 1 2 5 7 4
12 Rad Belgrade 4 1 0 3 3 3 3
13 Hajduk Kula 4 0 2 2 3 8 2
14 Jedinstvo 3 0 2 1 2 4 2
15 Javor 4 0 1 3 1 8 1
16 Obilić Belgrade 4 0 1 3 0 4 1
Last updated : 28/08/05 08:49
UEFA Com has the Table like this after this weekends games
Interesting to see that neither of the big two are in the top positions at this stage. Could be the most competitive season for years in Serbia and Montenegro.

CollegeTillIDie
06/09/2005, 7:35 AM
Partizan

You will be pleased to know that the national team (Yugoslavia still to me) played on Saturday featuring an all ex Black and White Stripes line up of strikers in Kezman and Milosevic. They duly won 2-0. They take on Spain tomorrow. Currently they have not conceded a goal in 7 WC Qualifiers so far.

A win tomorrow night... would see them safe I think for WC 2006.

Come on Yugoslavia :D

CollegeTillIDie
24/09/2005, 6:35 PM
Partizan

Your Newcastle lookalike stripey brethern have gone level on top with OFK meanwhile in third and only two points adrift, having won their back match with Jedinstvo in the Red and White corner weighing in at 60 years young.... CRVENA ZVEZDA ! :D

Partizan
25/09/2005, 2:54 PM
Partizan

Your Newcastle lookalike stripey brethern have gone level on top with OFK :D

lubbly jubbly. :ball: :p

CollegeTillIDie
30/09/2005, 6:47 PM
2-0 up from the First Leg away and looking like Certs to make the Group stages of the UEFA..... Home leg to come... in the bag surely...
Partizan! Losing 2-5 at home and 4-5 on aggregate.... embarrassing

Meanwhile Red Star draw 1-1 away to go through on away goals....:D
Zenga is a genius.....

CollegeTillIDie
02/10/2005, 11:11 PM
partizan

Your lot only drew 0-0 yesterday with Hajduk Kula. Crvena Zvezda won 2-1 away in Podgorica to Buducnost.
So we are both joint second as OFK won yesterday 2-0 against Zemun.

Oh and I wish a speedy recovery to legendary ex-player and current president of the Crna Gora FA Dejan Savicevic who was injured in a crash between his motorbike and a car during the week.

CollegeTillIDie
22/10/2005, 11:27 AM
Crvena Zvezda 2 Partizan 0

Zvezda go top of the League following OFK's surprising 0-1 defeat and their own 2-0 win over Partizan. Partizan lie third behind OFK.

:D

22 October 2005

Partizan 2 Vozdovac( incorporating Zeleznik) 3
Sartid Smederevo 1 Crvena Zvezda 4

CollegeTillIDie
23/10/2005, 3:49 PM
Crvena Zvezda 2 Partizan 0

Zvezda go top of the League following OFK's surprising 0-1 defeat and their own 2-0 win over Partizan. Partizan lie third behind OFK.

22 October 2005

Partizan 2 Vozdovac( incorporating Zeleznik) 3
Sartid Smederevo 1 Crvena Zvezda 3

Table will follow once the back match between OFK and whoever they are playing today is completed.

CollegeTillIDie
30/10/2005, 6:08 PM
F.A. of Serbia and Montenegro
StandingsFirst League - 2005/2006
Pos. Team Pld W D L GF GA Pts
1 Crvena Zvezda 11 9 1 1 32 12 28
2 Voždovac 11 7 2 2 26 13 23
3 Partizan 11 7 1 3 17 8 22
4 OFK 10 7 0 3 15 5 21
5 Kula 11 5 4 2 12 8 19
6 Zeta 10 6 1 3 12 12 19
7 Vojvodina 11 5 3 3 10 8 18
8 Zemun 11 5 2 4 12 11 17
9 Smederevo 11 4 1 6 12 17 13
10 Banatski 11 4 1 6 7 13 13
11 Borac 11 3 2 6 11 17 11
12 Rad 11 3 1 7 12 16 10
13 Javor 11 2 3 6 5 11 9
14 Budućnost 11 1 5 5 10 17 8
15 Obilić 11 2 2 7 10 20 8
16 Jedinstvo 11 2 1 8 8 23 7
Last Updated: 30/10/05 15:02

Happy days are here again partizan :D

Partizan
02/11/2005, 12:09 PM
Damn, damn and more damn.

CollegeTillIDie
05/11/2005, 10:39 PM
Partizan won their game 2-0 today. Tomorrow Red Star take on OFK who have lost their last two ......

CollegeTillIDie
06/11/2005, 4:49 PM
OFK 0 Crvena Zvezda 1..... Da da da :)

superfrank
22/11/2005, 1:47 PM
Anybody know what'll happen to Marko Pantelic??

On loan at Hertha from Red Star(?) and is playing brilliantly. Is he likely to move there?

superfrank
25/11/2005, 3:20 PM
Just saw last night. They're showing Red Star's (I'm guessing they're Crvena Zvezda) match in the Uefa next Thursday on Setanta.

superfrank
01/12/2005, 8:16 PM
1-1 at the mo. Roma took the lead Red star mistake. Zigic, the monster he is, scored the equaliser.

superfrank
01/12/2005, 8:21 PM
Just gone 2-1.

superfrank
02/12/2005, 9:36 AM
Am I the only one posting in this thread anymore?

The final score was 3-1. First time I saw Crvena Zvezda play and I was really impressed. Kovacevic is a really good player.

They played really well from the off but gave away a sloppy goal, as soon as Cassano got the ball I knew it'd be a goal.

Zigic is the obvious threat. All the balls went to him and he has good ball control for someone his height. His second goal was a cracker, his first was a good header but I thought the keeper could have saved it.

I missed the second goal and I'm not sure who scored either but overall Crvena Zvezda were deserving of the victory. Brilliant performance.

Another thing, the atmosphere was amazing.

JoeSemi
02/12/2005, 10:41 AM
I've been following this thread on and off over the last while and have always meant to ask where CTID and Partizan developed their love for Yugoslavia/Serbia Montenegro? Does it stem from family ties lads, or just a sheer love for the place and its people?