PDA

View Full Version : City Fans In the Tolka Bar Monday night

Drumcondra Red
12/08/2005, 5:17 PM
Seeing as thought t'other thread went a bit off topic there, how many of you are actually planning on going to tolka to watch the match???

I'll be there if I can't make the train, and I gather Tiktok will too (although I am a shels fan) anyone else?

Drumcondra Red
13/08/2005, 9:14 AM
So nobody then? thats grand, more room for us and you lot won't be hogging the pool table!!! Mod could you delete this thread???

redgav
13/08/2005, 3:12 PM
so far theres roughly 12 -15 of us and am still waiting on word back from 6 or 7 others ..good few lads are only on de net every now and again so have been texting them - don't worry like ,there'll be plenty of rebel army chants in tolka on monday nite ....are fireworks allowed in the tolka bar :D

Colm
14/08/2005, 2:44 PM
Nice to see ye want to give money to Ollie Byrne.....

I can't believe that out of all the pubs in Dublin that so many City fans are going to watch it in the Tolka Park bar. Has to be a joke surely??

EnDai
14/08/2005, 3:30 PM
Actually your childish attitude is more of a joke. Whats wrong with groups of people getting together for drinks? There'll be a good atmosphere and a bit of fun amongst the fans, is that really so bad?

Colm
14/08/2005, 4:12 PM
Actually your childish attitude is more of a joke. Whats wrong with groups of people getting together for drinks? There'll be a good atmosphere and a bit of fun amongst the fans, is that really so bad?

There's plenty of other places where people could get together for drinks without handing over a little bit of much needed cash to Ireland's number 1 football hooligan.

thecorner
14/08/2005, 4:33 PM
There's plenty of other places where people could get together for drinks without handing over a little bit of much needed cash to Ireland's number 1 football hooligan.

have to agree there.its not as if there is a lack of bars up there

redgav
14/08/2005, 5:12 PM
[QUOTE=Colm]Nice to see ye want to give money to Ollie Byrne.....

I can't believe that out of all the pubs in Dublin that so many City fans are going to watch it in the Tolka Park bar. Has to be a joke surely??QUOTE]

The talibans decreed it wrong have they ???

Could've sworn you were standing next to me at the same bar in Tolka after the 2 nil win with a pint in yer hand ..........

EnDai
14/08/2005, 5:13 PM
Hypocrite, oh joyous hypocrite! Would you like some pork scratchings with that?

Colm
14/08/2005, 5:24 PM
Could've sworn you were standing next to me at the same bar in Tolka after the 2 nil win with a pint in yer hand ..........

I doubt it considering I was in Cork attending a removal that night.

Gav, I'd have no problem with City fans having a pint in the Tolka bar when City are playing there at half time or whatever as there's not really any other options. However, I can't understand why ye'd go there for no reason and put money into Shels coffers and drink with evil Shels fans.

EnDai
14/08/2005, 5:32 PM
Lets be fair, its not like there's going to be 6,000 of ye buying bottles of champagne! :) It'll be about 10 people buying 3 or 4 drinks, I doubt that'll amount to €200, a fraction of the income you get from your weekly 50,000 attending in the X.

redgav
14/08/2005, 5:35 PM
I doubt it considering I was in Cork attending a removal that night.

Gav, I'd have no problem with City fans having a pint in the Tolka bar when City are playing there at half time or whatever as there's not really any other options. However, I can't understand why ye'd go there for no reason and put money into Shels coffers and drink with evil Shels fans.

you have no problems !!!!!!!!!whats it actually got to do with you ???
not being funny Colm but I'm sick of this constant judgemental sh!te from some people (not directed at you per say )

A bunch of city fans ,who are stuck in dublin, and want to meet up - where the hells the problem with that ... if we go to tolka ,brilliant, guarenteed EL on all tv's and cheap beer
if we go to fagans ,jackeen prices and stuck in a corner while the big screen show english 1st division
I know which one sounds best to me

Colm
14/08/2005, 6:10 PM
A bunch of city fans ,who are stuck in dublin, and want to meet up - where the hells the problem with that ... if we go to tolka ,brilliant, guarenteed EL on all tv's and cheap beer
if we go to fagans ,jackeen prices and stuck in a corner while the big screen show english 1st division
I know which one sounds best to me

I think it's great that a group of City fans want to meet up in Dublin, I just wouldn't like the choice of venue if I happened to be one of those stuck in Dublin.
That said, I hope ye have an enjoyable night and are given cause to rub salt in the wounds of the Shels fans when we beat the thugs. :)

redgav
14/08/2005, 6:17 PM
I think it's great that a group of City fans want to meet up in Dublin, I just wouldn't like the choice of venue if I happened to be one of those stuck in Dublin.
That said, I hope ye have an enjoyable night and are given cause to rub salt in the wounds of the Shels fans when we beat the thugs. :)

which is exactly why I said to everyone to meet in fagans - if its sh!t and full of suits and no game on ,then a cheap beer in Tolka is 5 mins away - its not set in stone that everyone goes there like - theres a invitation from some likeminded shels fans ,I also have invites from 2 of my Ireland away mates to go there -if we do ,we do , if we don't we don't - its no big deal like , but some of the pm's and crap I'm getting from fellow city fans is ridicules.
surely the most important thing is that instead of us exiles being scattered about the city ,and surrounded by suits and prem heads ,we are all in one location and having a laugh with fellow EL fans - beats a over hyped over price bar any day of the week

plus as you said,imagine if we do go there,what a sweet feeling we'll have afterwards rubbing it in :D

pete
14/08/2005, 7:42 PM
I think drinking in the Tolka Bar is the same as someone going to Tolka as neutral for Shels european games. I don't remember any criticism towards any City fans who did that.

redgav should be commended for trying to organise the exiles as we can be a disorganised bunch most of the time.

We criticise irish people for supporting foreign clubs but do we also criticise them for supporting Shels. I don't like Shels as a club but taking it out on the fans is childish. We also criticise Shels for being bad losers but now we top of the leahue can't we be good winners?

:rolleyes:

I'll be in Fagans at 6.30, bit of food, check out the atmosphere & Tolka as fallback.

Hecko
15/08/2005, 9:05 AM
I'll be there RedGav, fair dues to ya.

I have to confess though that:
1. I paid to go to the hurling yesterday
2. I have friends who support other eL clubs
3. I've paid to foreign teams before

Just a question to Colm and thecorner Taliban:

Do ye pay a sky sports subscription? - or even watch the stuff, but merchandise etc.? Just trying to work out what is the best way to tackle the "enemies" of Irish football.....

Anyway, it's called sport for a reason

thecorner
15/08/2005, 9:11 AM
Do ye pay a sky sports subscription? -

when is the last time you were home..dont you know we all have tapped boxes down here ;)

Hecko
15/08/2005, 9:19 AM
:D :D :D

Forgot about that...

Colm
15/08/2005, 9:52 AM
when is the last time you were home..dont you know we all have tapped boxes down here ;)

:D :D

So in that vein the lads should handover counterfeit money to Ollie and co in the Tolka bar tonight! :D
That way it would all work out very well!!!!

we shall not be
15/08/2005, 1:51 PM
Good stuff there Redgav there is a few guys who think they are Cork city and are so judgemental and opinionated,what makes me laugh is where were they all before the Rebel army was invented ??? i went to about 12 away games 4 seasons ago and the grand total of city fans at all those games wouldnt add up to whats going to one away game now...

thecorner
15/08/2005, 1:55 PM
Good stuff there Redgav there is a few guys who think they are Cork city and are so judgemental and opinionated,what makes me laugh is where were they all before the Rebel army was invented ??? i went to about 12 away games 4 seasons ago and the grand total of city fans at all those games wouldnt add up to whats going to one away game now...

shouldnt getting the away support sorted be complimented,not criticised

we shall not be
15/08/2005, 1:57 PM
can you see criticism in that post ?? i just stated a fact

pete
15/08/2005, 2:57 PM
shouldnt getting the away support sorted be complimented,not criticised

City supporters don't do compliments, only criticism...

btw thats not directed at anyone in particular just all of us...

we shall not be
15/08/2005, 3:33 PM
i agree totally,this is the biggest game we are going to play at home this year i think and we should all be togther.There are alot of vocal lads in the corner and they should bury the hatchet for a once off and come into the shed i know it wont happen but it should.

Peadar
16/08/2005, 8:58 AM
Did anyone go?
Was there any craic?

Hecko
16/08/2005, 9:03 AM
it was a bit like an away game there to be honest - 7 of us and 14 of them. with us proviing the only "atmosphere".....though RedGav did upset the locals with some over-enthusiastic celebrations :D

To be honest, it doesn't look great for a club with its own bar to be empty for a big game like this. Talking to some of the fans there seems to be a real air of depression about the place.

tiktok
16/08/2005, 9:24 AM
7 of us and 14 of them.

Jesus.
14? :eek:

pete
16/08/2005, 9:31 AM
Shels home support in the bar was shocking.

redgav got some dirty looks alright & didn't help matters with his "get that knacker off" when Richie Baker about to be sent off. ;)

Fair play to the shels fan for sitting down with us afterwards. Overall good reception from the locals but that likely as almost outnumbered ;)

redgav
16/08/2005, 9:34 AM
it was a bit like an away game there to be honest - 7 of us and 14 of them. with us proviing the only "atmosphere".....though RedGav did upset the locals with some over-enthusiastic celebrations

To be honest, it doesn't look great for a club with its own bar to be empty for a big game like this. Talking to some of the fans there seems to be a real air of depression about the place.

:D what can I say , got caught up in the (several) moment(s)

Agree -real air of depression around the place .Guys we were talking too were very fed up with things ....particularly Fenlons tactics but the whole ollie debacle as well

Biggest shocker tho is that one of the lads was hinting at big trouble to come ....Shels are out of tolka in two years but a new stadiums at least 6-8 years away ....real possibility of a Homeless number 2 judging what he was saying

Also 2 of the lads that we met are traveling down for the Uefa game with 3 others(altho 1 is a swedish AIK fan )

EnDai
16/08/2005, 9:43 AM
I couldn't make it, stuck packing the house away in the end, but I wouldn't have added to any atmosphere. I was fit for tears last night! Well, not quite, but the blind optimism I've had alot of lately has now completely worn off. :( I'd've probably drunk myself into a crying wreck in the corner (which tbh, would be another thing for you lads to smile about! :D).

Drumcondra Red
16/08/2005, 10:52 AM
Yeah, apologies from me too, I ended up going to Cork, and there was a group of us that would have been there too, were it not for travel, being in Cork or packing their gaffs away!

Anto McC
16/08/2005, 11:41 AM
Lads I wasn't there because as i said i was in Cork but i would just like to say fair play to all who showed up and over exuberent celebrations were to be expected i suppose but i'm delighted to see something like this can take place amongst all the negitive sh*te in the league at the moment

ccfcgirl
16/08/2005, 5:51 PM
Sounds like a good night was had in the Tolka bar,One of the best athmosphere i ever encountered at the cross,I hope it came across good on the tv.